How much do you fellas usually spend on groceries for a month? I only buy for myself, so I spend around 120-130 usually...

How much do you fellas usually spend on groceries for a month? I only buy for myself, so I spend around 120-130 usually. I don't eat a lot

about $50 a week

This, $50 - $60

fpbp

I live in a big city and groceries are expensive here. I shop at Safeway which is supposed to be on the cheaper side but I also budget 75-100 every weekend for farmer's markets so about 200 total per week and I live alone.

About $300-400 per month food costs, not including alcohol or restaurants (I eat out for lunch during the work week and maybe once or twice over the weekend)

I live alone as well

Wow you guys have gotta be stupid to spend that much.

I get my veggies at the farmer's market. Organic broccoli is 5bux for 9 heads, cheaper than the store and fresher. I like to talk about growing with the farmer's. there is a qt fat plant girl there with a big ass who i like to talk to.

Yes surely that must be it. We're stupid and had it not been for you we might never have known that it is physically possible to subsist on much less. Surely food costs don't vary per region. Surely some people might have preferences that differ from yours. Surely some people might enjoy things you don't enjoy.

All food is the same, calories in calories out. The idea that one food might be in some way different from another, other than calorific value, is a liberal hoax.

Found the vegan.

How in the fuck did you make that leap? Are you the same idiot who posts "nigger detected" or "woman detected" every time someone posts something that even slightly clashes with your notions of normal?

He's just mad cause he's poor

About 200€ per month

around 30-40 pounds a week. im trying to go cheaper, started shopping at lidl instead of Sainsburys, which is much better

Just admit you're a vegan, buddy. Your posts just scream vegan. Here in Kyrgyzstan we all laugh at people like you.

>Just admit you're a vegan, buddy
I'm not a vegan. Not even a vegetarian. Absolutely nothing I've said has anything to do with vegetarianism, veganism, or anything of that nature. You seem mentally ill.
>Here in Kyrgyzstan
Isn't that the country where they renamed the all the months after the dictator's daughters dogs and the only acceptable textbook is a hagiography about the dictator himself? No wonder you people don't understand currencies, exchange rates, purchasing power indices, and so on. What a tragedy.

>Isn't that the country where they renamed the all the months after the dictator's daughters dogs and the only acceptable textbook is a hagiography about the dictator himself? No wonder you people don't understand currencies, exchange rates, purchasing power indices, and so on. What a tragedy.
I have literally no idea what you're talking about but clearly you're the one who needs to pick up a textbook.

I went recently and really stocked up, ended up with $56 of groceries but got some specials so it went down to $45. To be fair though, about $8 of that was things for hummus. I keep all of my receipts for some autistic reason, and this month I will have spent around $100 on groceries. I also go to a local Food Bank because I'm quite poor and an alcoholic which is rather expensive but I'm cutting down thankfully. I need to make one more trip for just a few spices, likely will only spend $10 or so, and after my next trip to the Food Bank I should be good on groceries for a solid couple weeks before I even have to think about buying any more than $10 of groceries. Perhaps another can of chickpeas (garbonzo beans) or restock on spaghetti (something like $1.50 for noodles and $2 for sauce or so). I recently moved, so I'm basically stocking up on the staples and settling myself down. I've been doing good at getting specials, buying affordable and well-preserved food, along with cutting down on booze to save more money. Feels good.

>I have literally no idea what I'm talking about
Fixed for you, and you might do well to add that to every single post you make here, borat

Just looked it up, it would appear as though Kazakhstan is 70% Muslim. Also, just for contrast, the United States is 70% Christian.

It didn't take you long to mix up Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. Even for an American you're dumb.

And 45% hwhite

>grocery thread
>uzbekistan internet defense force arrives
>suddenly, a debate over which country has best potassium

Islam will conquer the world. Pick up the Quran and you'll see.

Groceries are actually cheap for me and I live in NYC. You just have to know where to shop. Ethnic grocery stores are cheap as fuck. I usually spend around $30 a week.

Penny wise pound foolish

I've bought enough inedible produce, spoiled meat, and rotten eggs at the "ethnic" stores in my neighborhood. It's not even that cheap

Until gentrification is over I'll continue to shop in the Union Square greenmarket, Eataly, Whole Foods, and Fairway. Much more cost effective when you don't have to throw out the food and order fucking Domino's, because the price on the shelf doesn't translate to the end cost of shopping at the wrong store

Maybe things are different if you live in Flushing or Bay Ridge

Nice racism user. Maybe you'd learn how to actually pick out good meat and produce if you didn't shop at your yuppie stores. But go ahead and complain about your $80 a week grocery bills.
>willingly paying a huge markup for dry goods which are cheaper elsewhere

Me gib best price.
best price

>racism
Shit tier bait but have a (You), also I'm not white so therefore you are the racist for telling me how I should feel
>a huge markup for dry goods which are cheaper elsewhere
Funny you should say that, just to give one example, lundberg bulk rice is about 50% cheaper at whole foods than at the "ethnic" store. Raw milk gruyere is about 25% cheaper at whole foods.

That doesn't even get into the foods that look fine and then when you get home you find out they put a layer of non-rotten cherry tomatoes on top and everything underneath is moldy. Later I actually saw them doing this "trick" in the open.

>implying only white people can be racist
You're saying that all non white yuppie stores are full of moldy second rate food. I bet all the normal people who shop at ethnic places must love buying leftovers huh?

>You're saying that all non white yuppie stores are full of moldy second rate food.
No, I even pointed out that not all neighborhoods are the same. Flushing and Bay Ridge for example have ample supplies of good quality inexpensive grocery shopping.

In fact it seems to be you who are making wild sweeping generalizations, "all those shitskins are the same", isn't that about how it goes, Gwyneth? Who's the racist now, hmm?

I'm not American, and it's been years since I've seen that movie, I didn't see the whole thing either.

I have picked up a Quran, and what I had seen was evil. Western culture and Christianity reigns supreme.

About $60 a month, or maybe a bit less.
The only kind of meats I eat are chicken, turkey, and fish.

$40 a week, tops. That feeds two for a week. We don't do a lot of meat or dairy, and beans, grains and veggies are cheap. Nuts are probably the most expensive I buy on a regular basis.

Not including when I have to replenish pantry staples or special occasion meals I spend between 15 and 20 AUD per day depending on what I want to eat for dinner. Typically that's $8-13 on protein, $2 on carbs and $4 on fruit/vegetables.

Meat is sooo fucking expensive, Id only have to spend about what you do a week if I didnt have to buy meat, unfortunately my bf refuses to do without so I spend anywhere between $50-70/wk depending on how much meat I get

I've gotten to the point where I go out for meat when I want some. Last night a rich friend realized both of our wives were out of town, so I ended up being taken out for steaks (and a lot of whiskey). So it's not like I don't enjoy it. I just don't do it at home. Wife has some ethical qualms about it, and I don't mind one bit - lentils and dried beans are cheap af, and not all that hard to make delicious. Just leaves me extra money to spend on wine.

200-350 depending on how up to cooking im feeling really ill make small stuff but usually im not buying lots of stuff unless ill be cooking for family. I go first or second week, thats when my local store has meats on sale, buy em, freeze em, unfreeze day of when im gonna cook, stop in if I want something extra I dont just have around, so watermelon, coconut, bell peppers. Usually 50 of the total is what I spend on jasmine rice since I buy 30 or so pounds a month.

>being taken out for steaks and whiskey by your rich friend while your wives are out of town
>realized our wives for out of town getting railed by jamal and idris

You sucked him off didn't you?

No. This is one of the most conservative guys I know. His wife doesn't drink, so he was psyched for a brohang. My wife was visiting her family out of state. We drank a lot of whiskey. And broke out the Cuban cigars at the end of the night. That's as phallic as things got. The only friends of mine who've ever made a pass at the dick sucking idea were creative types. Never took them up on it. Not my jam.