ITT: Classics that are actually hot dogshit

ITT: Classics that are actually hot dogshit

LotF is too tame to be dogshit.

you're not kidding, I feel like I've read Babby's First Big Book of Extended Metaphors.

The author was an actual pedo i read like 50 pages and had to stop

:O jeez guys it wasn't that bad!

Ya, I said that already

the book itself is the Lord of the Flies, because flies are attracted to shit

The last time I read it was as a kid and I actually enjoyed it, probs one of my childhood favourites alongside Kensuke's Kingdom. Dunno if it'd be good now

wew

That book is neither classic nor dogshit.

More like extended metaphor in the singular. "People are evil" + hundreds of pages of kids sitting on logs and calling each other niggers.

Why are pseuds so triggered by simplicity?

nah

I've always wondered why this boards frowns upon Catch-22, what is inherently wrong about it? I mean obviously it doesn't hold a candle to Slaughterhouse-5 and the little character arcs whilst obviously played for humour can be a little contrived, I really don't see what is so bad about it though.

>obviously it doesn't hold a candle to Slaughterhouse-5
really? I enjoyed Catch-22 a lot more while I thought Slaughterhouse-5 was just decent.

>hundreds of pages of kids sitting on logs and calling each other niggers

So Veeky Forums then.

Lord of the Flies is a perfectly good book. Was transformative for me as a young teen. All you pseuds can go back to wanking over meme books now.

Agree with this user. I think Slaughterhouse 5 had more poignant moments but, Catch-22 gave a more well-rounded perspective and i think overall is the better book. The humor was top-notch

C'mon user

Lord of the flies is great, it's like heart of darkness for normies and children

This. There is no argument.

kek

I think Vonnegut needed to throw in a few more "so it goes", he didn't say it enough.

If you remove every "so it goes" you have a short story.

Ulyssess boring as fuck desu

It makes more sense when you're older.
making this required highschool reading was a bad call.

TBK

ITT: Mandatory High school reading

Are you kidding? The only time this drivel makes sense is when you are a misguided and hormonal teenager, convinced that no one understands you. And certainly the language itself is of no difficulty.

Savage.

Lord of the rings

you're right, you can't argue with a retard

Every post XVIth century anglo ""classic""

As I Lay Dying.

I feel people take the humor criticism a bit too far when talking about this book. While it is hilarious it also must be appreciated how well illustrated each setting and character and remark and gesture is. Each chapter provides a base to build off of. A situation. And well so. Apart from the dialogue the events themselves consist of the most subtle of humor. Well besides the humor, cleverly woven messages not just about war or death but moral character, paranoia, love, religion, service, and many others are contained in some of the best of chapters. Sometimes the entire character or a feeling is put into deeper perspective with just one sentence, often changing the whole chapter and story. Truly a very well written story

>he dislikes Catch-22
it has some of the best quotable aphorisms espoused by a protagonist I've ever read in a contemporary novel.

If you are a misguided and hormonal teenager convinced that no one understands and you think that the book makes sense to you because you believe it confirms your way of thinking you are not actually making any sense of it.