Why are they so popular?

Why are they so popular?

Used to be cheap and it's better than a bag of grease from a burger place

only place near me with a decent dollar menu

That doritos loco taco
Its fucking insane when its fresh and crispy.
They probably order their generic beef from the same place as taco johns though.

Yes

>Dollar menu
All the other places changed it to a "value" menu. Shit on it up to $3 these days.

Huge variety and constantly coming out with new, albeit sometimes only slightly different, items. Fairly cheap depending on what you like. Diablo sauce is quite nice as well for a little kick on everything, at least for me. And obviously, it's pretty tasty if you're in the mood for it. Baja blast is a perk for most people as well.

They hold strong for sheer quanitity to dollar value ratio.

Not any more

It's cheap and easy like your mother and sister.

because you havnt tried alcohol or pot yet.

they open at 6 or 7am and serve everything on their menu

until mcshit

getting off at 8am, its either JITB, BK or TB for real meat meals

Subway is also open, but Mcdonalds is just fucking breakfast which is a joke

Where is this coming from? You spend less for more food compared to other chains.

Less than ten years ago, a bunch of things that are now three dollars and up were like $0.69 to a dollar. Things that are $5+ were two and change at most.

Cuz' it tastes good nigga.

Why am I explaining this.

>real meat
lol

because they still have the best deal in fast food

I can get a huge amount of pretty tasty food from taco bell for a fairly cheap price. Combine that with the variety of food they have on their menu and it's a good alternative to the standard burger and fries affair.

They do the dollar menu better than anyone else, and their food is relatively cheap compared to MC D's (end of $1 mcdouble ruined it) or even jack in the box (my local jack in the box raised the tacos to 1.19 or 1.29 each, and the chicken sandwhich is now like 1.50, and I get it with sourdough which brings that bitch up to almost $2.)

When I go to taco bell I can leave full for around $3. Current order is 2 potato ritos, and a spicy potato soft taco. Total price is like 3.29 or something.

>be me
>at taco bell using their wifi to upload some garbage
>not very busy, just a few employees back in the kitchen shooting the shit
>eventually voices get raised
>"NO! You were NOT back here at 3:20. I picked up my daughter from school at 3:30, and I'm certain I saw you come around the corner on [street] not long after that."
>"Yeah dawg, your breaks are always like an hour."
>eventually the employee in questions gets sad and walks out of the store
>"Yeah go take your hour break, crybaby!"
>"Shut up!"

and thats my lame story

>sit in parking lot
>use mobile app to construct my highly autistic vegetarian order
>$15 worth of dollar menu items with all manner of stupid customizations
>roll through drive thru and blurt out nothing more than "mobile order"

Truly the greatest fast food restaurant around.

this plus something from the dollar menu is decent for the money

Their shit just makes you crave it somehow. I rarely eat there, but sometimes, late at night, I can't resist so I get it and eat it really fast before I have a chance to notice how gross it is. Then I get the shits and I hate myself.

special meats....hmm

Don't eat it often but I was craving it the other day. Had 2 fiery locos taco supremes (Christ on a cracker are they good) and a 1/2# cheesy bean and rice burrito. Thing was still $1 even after 10 years. Took me back

The only thing I ever want from there that I have to have if it's brought up is their Baja Blast and something I can drown in Diablo or mild sauce

Also I don't give a fuck about those beefy crunch assholes, I just want Bell to bring back lava sauce permanently. It makes damn near everything better

I love the beefy crunch burrito. I'd love it a lot more if they dropped the rice though.

as a grave shift worker, this. I want not breakfast.

HIT ME UP WITH THOSE BEAN BURRITOS

Price in recent years has almost doubled. When I was in high school it was like 70 cents a taco now its like 1.40 or something. Plus they had that OP 3 cinnamon twists for a dollar before they became Jews

I order it without rice all the time. You should too.

What do you expect to happen with ongoing inflation?

I mean last time I check inflation wasn't 100%

idk
I ate there once and ordered a burrito, shit had an orange liquid and it was so much that almost made me choke

every few months or so they come out with an item that is usually huge and only costs a dollar.
last few times have been the double beef burrito, the taco burrito, and now its the potato-rito. these are by far the best deals in modern fast food, ever.

Ahh, their rotating loss-leader items truly are great. When they had the beefy crunch back, that was amazing. New potato one can be okay depending on what location you go to (potatoes must be crispy as fuck), but at least there's the fallback of the spicy potato soft taco.

taco bell is good and anyone who says otherwise is a hunk of shit