I don't understand these. They are so tough they are inedible. Steamed them good long time...

I don't understand these. They are so tough they are inedible. Steamed them good long time. Are you supposed to boil them or is there trick???

You dont eat the pods

Dude I've forced myself to eat loads of these past couple days am I going to die

You dumb user.

>in japan
>hook up with a qt on tinder
>go to an izakaya
>she orders edamame
>put a handful in my mouth

I realised straight away that you were not supposed to eat the pods but managed to swallow them and save face. still had sex with her. it was a learning experience.

You'll probably shit real gud.

No. Good source of fiber. Typical practice is to just suck out the beans and discard the pods though.

You are going to have very pleasant poops

Drink some water though

I actually have not shit for days

You're gonna die

It's only fiber. You basically ate the nutritonal value of a few ounces of wood. Nothing toxic about it, if that is what you meant.

eat more pods until you do

Allowed a friend to choose the appetizers at a Japanese restaurant. Paid seven dollars for a small plate of maybe ten beans, most of which consisted of inedible pod. Tasted bland and extremely lame, felt ripped off.
Garbage tier appetizers should be free. These should be lumped into the category of free, like some places serve unlimited peanuts in the shell, or some crappy bread and butter basket. Fill up on cheap garbage before your small portion of real food arrives, so customers dont leave still hungry. At least, that's what they're hoping.

>in japan
stopped reading there, fuck off weeb

you're supposed to boil them

Is it true that women there worship the big white cock?

Bait

Eat sugar snaps instead.

>Go to sushi restaurant with girlfriend and her friends whom I've never met before
>They eat sushi all the time, this is my first time
>Edamame beans come out
>Think they're snap peas
>Eat one, pod and all
>Choke it down
>Everyone laughs at me
>Eat my sushi with a fork

Take beans out of pods
Boil in salted water for 3-5 mins (the beans, not the pods)
Strain and rinse with cold water
Fry some bacon cubes till golden brown
Add the beans for last 2 mins
Generous amount of black pepper
Go fo a bean to bacon ratio of about 3:1

>after dinner I watched my gf have a gang bang

They all do

Of course you can eat the pods fag, they're delicious

>Waiter arrives with the wine
>put the cork on the plate
>Confused, I eat it.

Can't you just enjoy the soy beans on their own?
Maybe some garlic at the most.

Yes you can, dear user. Yes you can.

Wew lad

the only thing that should be eaten with edamame is coarse sea salt. also cook it for only 3-4 minutes WITH the pods on. then shock cold, dry, and apply sea salt. they should be prepared to al-dente (crisp like you're eating lightly boiled peanuts) and peeled as eaten, not beforehand.

>peeled
Bruv, you just suck the beans out of the hairy sack.

yeah theyre supposed to be served as free appetizers anyway

>you must never try new things, it is forbidden

weebs gonna weeb