What if, instead of explaining universe by physical laws we assume intelligent life exist everywhere...

What if, instead of explaining universe by physical laws we assume intelligent life exist everywhere, and try to come up with sosiological explanations to astronomical phenomena?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/an-astrophysicists-says-we-might-not-be-able-to-distinguish-between-aliens-and-the-laws-of-physics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wtf

What if purple monkeys flew out of your ass?

what do you mean everywhere ?

English ain't my first language so explaining this is hard, but we have derived physical laws from the assumption that space is empty and dead. And then we ponder: "where be the aliens".

For example, we think that stars have limited lifespans, after which they supernova or other shit. We get same data if stars themselves are static, but somewhere along their lifespan the species whirling around the decides explode it for some reason for other. And if there is any laws governing the development of civilizations, same thing would be happening everywhere.

Please say you get what I'm trying to say, even if that's bullshit

Bumb and gentle fuck you.

I know I'm deranged but also aware enough to know that the concept can be grasped. Tell me what's wrong with it so I can move forward.

Bump, this should be interesting.

then 95% of everything is dark shitposting

You have schizophrenia, and your “hypothesis” is as valid, and easily refuted as “What if the universe is actually made out of candy?”. I get that English isnt your first language but your OP is hardly a coherent thought, and if stars exist indefinitely it would require violation of several very basic laws of physics that we already know are not wrong. If stars just exist indefinitely they would create nearly an infinite amount of energy over the lifespan of the universe. Why the fuck would any intelligent species ever want to get rid of nearly infinite energy? Also, the laws of physics that we know of work regardless of whether life is abundant or not. Stop trying to come up with science related thoughts, you are very bad at it.

See Occam's Razor.

I know I have schizophrenia, and no, it isn't same as "What if the universe was made of candy", that would be just plain retarded, not psychotic.

The stars existing indefinitely was not the point. The supernovae could also be a lens diffraction effects from megastructures covering the star or even just natural explosions while the sings of life hide somewhere else.

I'm arguing that what we know of stars lifespan, or anything, comes from the assumption there is no intelligent life tinkering with the constants.

To put it another way, a solution to the Fermi paradox could be that we see life everywhere, but we mistake it's effects as physical laws. The explanations we come up with kinda work, because life follows a pattern like everything else, but everything we derive from data coming outside our solar system should be taken with a grain of salt.

Laws of physics work as a model not an explanation, and the discrepancies within the should make us open for more "far out" explanations.

Thank you for answering nevertheless. From my perspective you seem a bit stuck in your worldview, but that may be why I have psychosis and you don't. And I rather come up with science related stuff, than start pondering about social structures again, that shit can fuck you up.

So simplest explanation is we are alone, and universe is highly asymmetric?

>that would be just plain retarded
Thats my point. Everything you are saying is just plain retarded, and there are known laws of physics that contradict what you are saying. When i say “law” im not talking about guesses. We know stars work the way they do because of laws that work the same way every single time they have been observed. We know how stars work to the point that we can calculate the exact level of light they will emit when they die (in the case of type 1A supernovas), before it happens. When a theory can accurately predict the future its pretty much fact. I could go deeper into why you are wrong but im trying to keep it in language you can understand. Just know that the theories you are claiming are “wrong” have been observed to be correct many, many times over. Thats what makes them theories, instead of schizophrenic rambling.

already been researching a universal social theory of the physical world. I will share some of my findings:

>States of Matter
A solid is little more than a closely compacted configuration of Jews all holding hands, hats and noses. Heating (see Energy) causes Jews to become excited or tickled. They start to hopelessly lose grip of their neighbors and thus, to the goy eye, form a liquid. When Jews get tickled pink they're finally able to hold on no longer and just float away in groups of one and more. To us, and indeed to them, it's a gas. Occasionaly the Jews get so excited they catch on fire. This is what we call a plasma.
Metallic Jews (i.e. bankers) engage in elaborate flash-mob games of happy-slapping, whereby no individual Jew can be entirely sure which others he or (in the case of trans-gendered Jews) she is in contact with at any one time. Such Jews, as one might expect, get easily carried away by entartete musik. In certain situations while forming liquids, for reasons yet to be fully explained (some authorities suspect it may be just an excuse for covert foreplay) Jews get unbearably cold, in which case they all gather together, huddle up and, astonishingly, take on the appearance of ice. Colloids such as jello or glue are readily explicable: colloidal Jews have a weakness for jello and similar squishy, greasy foods; the super-Jew content (see below) of such snacks is exceedingly high, so they themselves soon end up pretty fat and
squishy, too.
>Atoms
Atoms are in fact minuscule Jews, all holding hands and feet etc together to form an intricate web from which nearly everything in the universe is comprised. Radioactivity occurs when a rebel Jew is catapulted by his friends from their structure. Should this Jew come into contact with the Jews from our body, he will offer them gold, thus making the local area either benign or malignant. Either way, just read: cancerous.

>Gravity
Jews throw minute ropes (see string theory), invisible to the goy eye, to the ground. These ropes attach to unseen hooks that enable muscle-toned Jews to pull themselves towards terra firma. There is minimal gravity far from planetary bodies (i.e. in space) because no known Jews have access to cables of sufficient length. All bodies experience gravitational attraction to each other quite simply because Jews are, to put it mildly, sociable creatures who practically invented what they like to call the Communist Party. Jew all-nighters are where gravity waves meet Mexican waves.
>Electricity
Inside cables there are hundreds of tiny Jews 'high-fiving' each other and running around swapping messages. This transfer of messages allows things to work, e.g. the Jews in a plug socket tell the Jews in the wire, who eventually tell the Jews in (say) a kettle to fart in the water allowing it to boil.
>Pressure
Pressure is simply the Jew density per given cubic unit. When Jews see space that is uninhabited they have a tenancy all rush in quickly and take it over. This is what causes the phenomena

>Light
If you think about it, its quite obvious, really. The Jews that make up our eyes can see what colour hats other Jews making up, say a table, are wearing. They then hi-five Jews in our 'optical nerve' who run to tell the brain Jews what has been seen. This makes us think we are seeing things when in fact it's all Jews.

>Anti-matter
Now this is a little more complicated. There are evil anti-Jews. These make up anti-matter. Done.

>Energy
Just like money, all types of energy are transferred through Jews. Heat is just Jews rubbing other Jews. Potential energy is when Jews don't want to be separated (see Gravity). Kinetic energy is the movement of Jews. Energy is always conserved so fundamental Jews (Haredis) are only ever transferred and never made or destroyed. Energy caused by nuclear fission is when you make a hyper-Jew very angry, and when it gets angry enough it explodes, causing an enormous explosion. But Jews are very amiable creatures, so this never happens. Nuclear energy is a lie.
>Black Hole
This is when there are so many Jews so tightly packed into a space that anything which nears to close to it is snatched up by the Jews and never released. Occasionally, small Jews get rejected by the Black Hole and thrown out into space, we call this Hawking Radiation

This isn't as stupid an idea as the people in this thread are saying. Most of the universe is dark energy / dark matter and there have already been suggestions made that it could be behaving differently from how we expect based on our experience with normal energy / matter because the most advanced aliens in the universe have learned how to manipulate reality that extensively.

>meanwhile on planet zorp
Well Klesnar, we have succeeded in making 95% of the known energy in the universe out of the other 5%. Now what?

I know, lets change the rate of galaxy rotation ever so slightly just to fuck with humans! That will show them!

>this is how retarded you sound
Dark matter and dark energy are way too prevalent to have been made by matter. They are likely just gaps in our knowledge of how gravity works on large scales. Thats a much more plausible explanation than aliens, dont you think?

sciencealert.com/an-astrophysicists-says-we-might-not-be-able-to-distinguish-between-aliens-and-the-laws-of-physics
>Before you write this all off as crazy, this idea is basically an expansion of science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke's three laws: that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>Clarke was predominately a writer, so we have to take that into account, but when you imagine someone from today being sent back in time to the Stone Age with their hoverboard, iPhone, and wi-fi connection, it doesn't seem too out there. Even electricity seemed like magic when it was first discovered.
>"What if life has moved so far on that it doesn’t just appear magical, but appears like physics?" he asks in Nautilus.
>"After all, if the cosmos holds other life, and if some of that life has evolved beyond our own waypoints of complexity and technology, we should be considering some very extreme possibilities."
>But what if what we consider dark matter is actually an advanced extraterrestrial civilisation that learnt to encode themselves in this strange type of subatomic particle that's essentially invisible to the rest of the Universe?
>"What better way to escape the nasty vagaries of supernova and gamma-ray bursts than to adopt a form that is immune to electromagnetic radiation?" Scharf writes.
>Dark energy is the hypothetical force responsible for speeding up the expansion of the Universe. But the Universe didn't actually begin expanding at an accelerated rate until about 5 billion years ago, and researchers aren't too sure why.
>Scharf suggests that maybe dark energy was created by an advanced alien civilisation who wanted to avoid the crowded Universe from getting too hot by spreading things out a little more.
>"Any very early life in the universe would have already experienced 8 billion years of evolutionary time by the time expansion began to accelerate," he writes.

Sociological reasons are a subset of the physical. Those species have to be created first and from what we can do, it isn't easy to alter the universe.

Let me put it this way: You have a room with a table with a vase on top of it and a cat running around. You observe that most of the time you come back into room the vase has stayed still, but once in a while you find it on the floor, so you come up with this complicated model how the vase "quantum tunnels" to a lower energy state, tune it to fit the observation and you got a perfectly working model of the vases position, while all you're actually modeling is how often the cat decides to do cat stuff.

Please go deeper, I'm crazy, not an idiot.

This is beautiful, I like you

Thank you hun

There's a Star Trek TOS episode about this, where they discover this sort of distortion if the fabric of the universe and some strange blob eating everything, and Spock makes the conclusion that the Enterprise may be analogous to a cellular antibody of the universe

This is not that far out there. The more we learn the more we realize that we don't know. The germs in your gut only ever observes a "universe" of pure darkness and high acidic content. They cannot know what is out there even if they evolve highly advanced eyesight and sensory capabilities, because of their nature.

>I don't understand something...
>Must be aliens!
t. every retard ever born

I'm not talking about altering the laws of physics. In a universe with civilizations we'd expect to see stars regularly dimming out when aliens build up their dyson swarms. That's with our current view of what's possible, desireable, and logical, which has changed and will change over time. What type II civ may see fit to do with their star may be easily confused as physical laws, especially when it's happening everywhere at once.

I know this meme but I'll bite. It's not about lack of understanding, it's about finding alternate explanations. And where the fuck should you look for aliens but space?

>science fiction
Nice source you got there. Can i cite star wars/star trek as evidence that FTL travel is possible?

Except if you knew anything about quantum tunneling you would know it happens under very controlled conditions and is well documented enough that we can calculate the probability that a wave/particle will tunnel through and object based on the objects thickness and the wavelength. Again if we can predict something before it happens what need is there to bring in aliens?
>quantum tunneling was just a metaphor
Ok then. Why dont you list an actual example that you understand well enough to say “aliens are responsible” without me being able to debunk it with known science immediately?

>If we can predict something before it happens what need is there to bring in aliens?

We are the last thing to happen, our predictions and models are based on already contaminated universe. We didn't predict stars, we observed them. So we needed an explanation and we found it close, we happened to be orbiting one (which btw likes to defy models pretty regularly). Ok, so stars are like sun, we conclude. And we can predict what might happen to sun in future by observing other stars in different phases of their lifespan. We have physics as guideline for our models, but we hardly have enough computing power to calculate everything that's going on within the star. So we fit the models to the observations, which is very smart and logical thing to do, but that is also where we might, see, might go wrong.

Maybe only one in million stars is being quietly sucked out of its matter, or tempered with some other way, throwing off the average by a tiny bit. Or in most extreme case, almost all of them are by a emerging type III civilization, who are clever enough to do it in a way that would seem to imply sound physical laws for the new intelligent life they know will be popping up, acting as a extra filter to keep the annoying newbies from begging the explanation to life universe and everything or whatever.

If there's aliens, they most probably were here long before us which gives them plenty of time to even build a fucking big screen around the solar system feeding us totally fabricated data about the rest of the universe. (Given that they probably would be a bit more sophisticated)

And then there's "the dank matter", which the article above already speculated to be of alien origin. The article used some "tech x" as a plot device to draw it's conclusions, which I'm not really fond of, would you believe? There's easier ways to make dark matter aliens.

cunt.

I remember reading somewhere that we'd know if space was filled with dyson spheres, by their infrared footprint. But would we really? Infrared is still energy and every bit of energy is x amount of hours in your favorite 5d alien virtual hentai, so you have incentive to recycle all the waste heat. That might be physically impossible, but you already know I'm making this up as I go.

To conclude my point was, we should consider intelligent life fucking up their surroundings a probable cause for SOMETHING we see above us, don't know what, I have no education to make guesses yet:^)

Article wasn't even about Clarke, what an excellent reading skills you have

I think I am starting to see what you're getting at. Do you mean like a (admittedly very different) way of looking for the Why the laws are this way without disputing them? For example why the universal constants are the way they are.

>sociological explanations for astronomical phenomena

>fucking extraterrestrials wont check their FTL privilege REEEEEE

Yeah, people do that often?

Huh? I don't understand how that question pertains to my questions.

Already done: religion is the result of adaptation to nature through social mechanisms.

It just came to my mind that it might be surprisingly common for people to come up with different ways of looking for why the laws are the way without disputing them to the point of annoyance.

But yeah, I'm looking for something similar to simulation hypothesis, in that it basically changes nothing we see so proving it would be a pain in the ass. Like we once thought food rotting was a "physical law", but when observed closer we find bacteria.

That's basically mythology. People used to attribute the behavior of celestial bodies to divine beings and come up with stories for why they acted the way they did.

Things are configured to be the way they are. If things were any other way, things would be different.

>If things were any other way, things would be different.
What an beautiful example of circular logic. I want to remind you that we dont, on the deepest level, know the way things are. We have a model of reality that mostly works, but is off in some places. That leaves us open for the possibility that we are wrong. And even if we know how the things are, we really don't have a clue what causes them to be that way.