Middlemarch

Have any of you read it? What did you think of it?

best novel

worst novel

It's very boring. I have mysterious Russian soul thought, and find characters and themes too frat

It's mediocre.

This board told me that this was the best book ever written by a female and what a disappointment. I can't believe it's seriously compared to Ulysses. No wonder serious scholars do not piss away time reading women.

It's better than Ulysses.
haha

forced meme

Women literally cannot read Ulysses.

That's dumb. His wife read it. Marilyn Monroe read it. Woolf Read it. My cousin (who is grill) read it.

Reading does not mean glazing your eyes over the page and parroting academic critique.

They can't read middlemarch either

Frogniggers literally cannot read Middlemarch.

True, but in any case the opportunity cost of reading Middlemarch (or anything written by a woman) is far too high.

I know what reading means. It's not a hard word.
>Nora
>parroting academic critique of her hubby's masterwork
>Woolf
>not going against most academic critique
>Marilyn Monroe
>well, she was never asked to dissect it, but she enjoyed it
>my cousin
>she's p smart bruv

I know you don't like women, but your claim is wrong.

lol you got trolled dude

I know. I'm not gonna react to anything like that, but with sincerity. I'm not interested in counter-trolling.

crown prince of neurotypical sissyboys right here

Eh, not sure I would qualify as neurotypical. Sissy, maybe.

I am not using the quotidien meaning of the term "read", you should know that since you are so well read and you claim to know what read means. Hopefully you can read this post, although I suspect not. Woolfe is half-baked, and your cousin, Marilyn, and his wife can hardly read.

I think the cunt that is talking about Middlemarch being better than Ulysses is the one trolling here, friend.

post the funny gecko saying rooow

Middlemarch is better than Ulysses
and hiding behind a special definition is pretty lazy.
I meant read AND comprehend. Ulysses is complex, but it isn't the face of god.

>le opportunity cost
>shitposting on Veeky Forums
>Woolf
>not going against most academic critique
confirmed for not knowing what the fuck you're talking about

stfu and post rage comix

she spoke out against a book academics literally worship. One of her primary issues being favored part for others writers. His 'cloacal obsession' or whatever.

nah

>I meant read and comprehend
Neither of which you have done in regards to Ulysses.

Why exactly do women feel the need to defend mediocrity just because it was produced by someone that shares their gender? None of the half-decent female writers of the past did this, but the undergraduate cancer that has flooded this board defend the average to the death. I have no problem denouncing shitty male writers.

I know that, I was quoting user, not greentexting myself. read his post

What makes you think `` George Eliot '' is a female? George is a man's name.

i was that user. I just miscommunicated. Sorry.

Middlemarch isn't average. No matter how much you hate people with pussies.

If you like pleasant relationship drama or good characters, you'll enjoy it. I did not.
Eliot writes well enough that the book does not suffer from bad prose, but not well enough to be enjoyed for the prose alone; the characters are fleshed out, but I don't particularly care about that; the places feel empty: they lack everything but peopleā€”no rich descriptions of architecture can be found here, unlike in, say, Hugo's works, and scenery likewise feels nonexistent; the plot for its part consists mostly of romances and friendships, and while it has two decent tragic arcs, most of the book is spent on other matters; and while the themes may appear interesting, so little time is spent on developing them that it felt like I were reading three to five novels at once, two of which I slightly enjoyed, but neither one too much. And yet all this I could forgive were it at least enjoyable; were it in any way entertaining or funny. But it is not.

this. shit is gay.

Loved it after reading it. It's a chore to read but the psychological depth is astonishing and I truly believe that it's made me a more empathatic person. My fav characters were the friar, the practical guy and that guys wife.

Also, I'm really starting to the despise the ironic and non-ironic women hating (and racism and antisemitism and redpilling etc etc) on here. I know most of it is /pol/ memery and that it has been here for a long time now but I feel like it has been getting worse and worse. It's poisonous and disgusting.

agreed