I have a bunch of ragu bolognese frozen from a while ago...

I have a bunch of ragu bolognese frozen from a while ago. I want to do something with it besides the usual (serving with tagliatelle). I have a can of Cento crushed tomatoes, how will it taste if I add this to it? It's pretty standard bolognese (mirepoix, pancetta, ground beef, veal, and pork, tomato paste, white wine, beef stock). Any suggestions?

more tomatoey.

most people outside italy tend to add cans of tomatoes to their bolognese anyway. it's seen as a tomato based sauce more than a meat based one a lot of the time. so it'll taste like my mum's (minus the baked beans)

why not make a lasagne or stick it in arancini or something?

I was thinking about a lasagne. I only have store-bought noodles on hand. Is it worth it to make my own?

>white wine

if you have the time, of course! it's obviously one of the easier pastas to make and lasagne definitely benefits from it.

anyone who says that dried is like orders of magnitude worse than fresh is a pringus though. if you're using dried, don't precook them, just soak them.

Yeah, white wine fuckboi.

Arancini (fried rice-balls filled with ragù)
Or just plain onigiri

I can't into Japanese-style rice, I fuck it up every time.

I like putting it on pizza. You need to use it sparingly otherwise it's too heavy and makes the dough soggy but it's great otherwise.

how long is that ragu bolognese supposed to last in the freezer assuming you froze it ASAP?'
does it taste strange after you defrost it? if so how do you get rid of or mask refrigerator taste?

I always make a lot and freeze it. Assuming you're talking about REAL bolognese, not tomato-meat sauce, a little goes a very long way. It's very dense and composed almost entirely of meat, and doesn't frost or anything weird in the freezer. I use zip lock sandwich bags, each one is a good portion for a couple people. I like to heat it up with about 1:1 heavy cream, which extends it even more.

whats the difference between bolognese and tomato-meat sauce...?

to be honest Im thinking of making a bit and freezing a majority, only have time on weekends to really meal prep/spend time cooking

Bolognese is (traditionally) a meat sauce with VERY little tomato. There are a bunch of *authentic* recipes thast do things a little differently, but the one thing they all have in common is lots of meat and little/no tomato (maybe a couple tablespoons of tomato paste, that's it). It seems like in America any italian-style meat sauce has become known as Bolognese, whether or not it has tomatoes/tomato sauce.

If you make real (no tomato) bolognese, itll last forever. You can take some out, add tomatoes for a totally different sauce. Take some more out and stretch it with heavy cream for a rich sauce.

Make a lasagna, eat what you want, and freeze the rest for later.

Add some rice to thicken it up and use it to stuff ravioli or tortellini.

Mix it with rice and use it to make stuffed shells.

Use it with cous cous.

Use it as a topping for roasted chicken breast and slap some mozzarella on top of it.

Slap it on some toasted baguettes with some other toppings and bake for French bread pizza.

Use it as part of a filling for calzone.

To name a few....

>in America any italian-style meat sauce has become known as...

Spaghetti sauce. Most people here wouldn't know what the fuck you were talking about if you used the term "Bolognese sauce".

In some areas they'd pull out their guns and demand you renounce "them thar' furriner words!"

Like there's a problem with that...

Pour it into the toilet and pretend it was a good meal!

Make some pasta; lasagna, tortellini
Or make a curry paste to flavour it
Or add to a stew of sorts (think hungarian)

Maybe if you live in a South Park episode from 2004. Fuck off retard.

add some more veges and make a cottage pie