ITT: post penguin classics that are preferable to other editions

ITT: post penguin classics that are preferable to other editions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOUR A FUNNY GUY LMAO

Their Borges covers are pretty cool, I guess

>that font
>white and grey on white and grey
i own this copy though. it was cheap.

I like the Modern Classics Nabokov ones.

this is such an awful cover

anyways, I think Augustines Confessions is okay in the penguin edition

so ITT not pascal

I thought it was a great cover until I noticed the ball behind the boy's arm. Kinda ruined it after I saw that

/thread.

literally.

Reading this right now.

>"Do you understand the horrible cynicism of this symbol of a woman's foot, the provocation of her licentious walk on such elaborate heels?"

What did he mean by this?

That's the only other one you'll want.

SO, /thread for you.

Montaigne desu

Count of Monte Cristo
Knut Hamsun books
Lucretius's Nature of Things
The Story of the Stone
Goethe's Italian Journey
Orlando Furioso
The Decameron
Tale of Genji
Tale of the Heike
Tolstoy's Childhood/Boyhood/Youth

Are you really trying to,shit on futura? No taste.

What did he mean by this?

Are you guys just picking by the covers, or do most of these have extensive notes or something? Please acknowledge in your postings.

Is this true? I was gonna cop the Everyman edition.

Is that bitch actually putting a foot on that guy's face?

Nah the Everyman version is superior. Quality spine and the overall design is excellent.

Regarding the Pessoa one, the novel is unfinished and the Penguin edition offers the most comprehensive read with it's inclusion of notes & writings assembled by a Pessoa expert. Regarding the Schulz one, it has other writings included. Don't know about the other ones

that's not futura.

I picked it because that's what amazon shipped me.

Bump

Is the Penguin edition of A Rebours by Huysmans translated by Robert Baldick the best translation? Or do y'all prefer the Mauldon translation?

Bump

that's hot af

Penguin Joseph Conrad novels have great paintings that make them unique as opposed to some jungle or another as could have been for Heart of Darkness

The translation by Screech is the standard. It also does something that the Everyman edition doesn't: Screech keeps the quotations from other languages that Montaigne uses as they are, but translates them below, whereas the Everyman translates them without leaving the original. Screech also has a good introduction and good notes. Granted, the volume itself is rather thick and difficult to handle, but you can always have it rebounded in hardback (I don't think it is that expensive nowadays).

If you notice, the only thing the other user could point out it the quality of the book as object and not the translation or notes/introduction. That should tell you something about the Everyman edition.

Bump

Bump

bump

bump

stop

This and Byron's Selected Poems are better than the Oxford World's Classics edition of Byron's Major Works.

The Sean Kernan ones, or the Escher ones?

I really wish they would release a richard zenith translation hardcover. I have two copies of the hardcover from that other guy, but desu I like the modernity of richard zenith.