So about this "consciousness" and "soul/spirit" bullshit. Let's put it into perspective for the love of fuck

So about this "consciousness" and "soul/spirit" bullshit. Let's put it into perspective for the love of fuck.

Every individual human has a subjective existential experience encompassed by emotional energy. That is all consciousness is. A subjective existential experience encompassed in/by emotional energy. There is obviously no right or wrong way to label this event. Whatever the fuck floats your boat. It is your consciousness/spirit/soul/faggotry.

There is no fucking afterlife. Your soul/spirit/consciousness/faggotry is not some magical entity. It does not continue after death, because it is the product of trillions of living organisms working in unison. It is not an entity at all. It is a mechanical product of the mechanical functions of trillions of mechanical, biological units.

And this better not be depressing to you, because it is absofuckinglutely magnificent. What we are is the most fucking exciting thing to have ever existed on this earth. The emotional tools we have at our disposal is the most gargantuan, colossal source of potential that is only every increasing and amplifying at all times.

Nihilism can be a pretty obnoxious, repulsive teen angst phenomena, and it really fucking is. But once you grow the fuck up and take up the responsibility of prescribing meaning to whatever ignites your emotional circuitry, then and only then will you truly be able to tap into that ever growing well of human potential.

Fuck you, suck my dick, go fuck yourself, get fucked AND THAT'S FUCKING THAT.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj19-6157XXAhWHRCYKHUJ-BDcQqQIIOCgAMAU&url=https://www.healthline.com/health-news/we-may-still-be-conscious-after-we-die&usg=AOvVaw0c2Mf-aePxdfTM726D-hdD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we get it, you vape

This is pure, obvious logic nigga.

>Life is a mechanical entity

Oh boy how'd you get so twisted

>the world has no meaning and it's beautiful
please go back to ribbit you CS brainlet

What makes life not mechanical?

I am a brainlet, but i have life experience. I wanted to drop out of high school and regret not doing so. College is a fucking daycare for adult children.

And the world only has the beauty and meaning i prescribe it. It took a long time of being a miserable pretentious angry faggot until i got tired of being a pathetic whiny bitch to get to this point.

Nope, you're a brainlet who doesn't know what a brainlet they are

Then you shouldn't have any problem disputing my argument. Get to it.

>my life experience has allowed me to discern that my peers in college are not taking things seriously
Wow holy shit is the semester is almost over lad, you should've gotten over this after the first test at the latest. Maybe, you did post a quote about the importance of perseverance, you should not worry about what they do and focus on school instead of deluding yourself into thinking that you've got it all figured out.

I'm not in school, im a good will hunting menial laboring faggot.

>"i'm just too smart for college!"
It's obvious from your Dan Harmon tier philosophy.

Im not too smart for college, it has it's place. Primarily when it comes to the medical field.

>I'm not too smart
>identifies with the fag from good will hunting

Im not mathematically inclined by any means like the fag from good will hunting.

>can't do math
>thinks he's smart

lol my sides

What argument would that be?

I can do basic math nigger.

Whatever part of my post your "Nope" was directed at.

Deja Vu, coincidences, dreams, daily life, you lack the mystical clearly

The afterlife, or inbewteen life is just here, it's just the soul leaving the body and moving to another one or dicking around in some planet's field or whatever.

>But there's no soul you faglord haha

There is. It's a blue aetherical body that already leaves your body every time you sleep, it's the reason why you dream.

>Oh my god you faggot that's the brain look at these scans while they're sleeping fucking faggot

There's a reason why dreams vary in vivedness and whether you remember them.
If you let your body fall asleep and consciously keep yourself awake, you'll see how the soul leaves the body.
It's extremely vivid, your sight is much stronger without the body's eyes. Everything is in focus and it feels more real than what you experience through the traditional senses.
While doing this, you'll realise soon that whatever you think about will appear, exactly like how dreams work.

I lack the mystical because this reality isnt the lord of the fucking rings or harry butthole pussy potter

I can't think of anything to say back to this other than you speak complete fucking nonsense.

>emotional energy
Stopped reading there

I didnt intend for it to come across as mystical. It was simply intended to describe the outcome of the chemicals the brain produces which in turn produce our emotional/mental experiences.

While I appreciate you trying philosophy on a math's board. You're not getting the message across like this.

What is perhaps more relevant to the readers in question is to suggest that all that we consider to be 'spirituality' is confined, elegant and simple, to the human perception of the universe. They may as well be one and the same. And from that extension, perhaps appeal that the human perception, flawed as it is, is not entirely without merit. After all, finding meaning in life relies very much on that perception.

Only after this, can you indoctrinate the brainlets into a cult that argues for something more. For instance, that the behavior of intelligent, living organism mimics biological evolution on an anthropological platform we call culture. Culture would then be where the soul lives and breathes. It resides in the structures that brings meaning to life and probably does not extend beyond that. Then one may suggest that both life and culture seek to intrinsically achieve higher states of self-actualization as a causality flowing from natural laws that govern entropy and evolution.

Now optionally you can turn this cosmic mandate of self-actualization into a character. But let's not insult anyone's intelligence by doing so.

Nigga, you need to simplify and clarify whatever fucking information you are trying to relay.

It's just what is. You don't have to believe it or not believe it. It's just fact.

You can't do it anyway and neither can I. I'm too scared of that projection shit.
You don't know shit about words like 'determination' and 'persistence' until you're in a world where every thought literally materializes in front of you.

Your hippy dippy interpretation of a certain mental phenomenon is not fact

You do it then.
Have a long day, workout, go for a swim, to the point where you tire yourself out good.

Then go have an afternoon nap, don't move, don't think about anything but keep yourself conscious. Focus on the back of your eyelids.

Then jump out of your body for 4 seconds, shit your pants show yourself what you're made of.
Show yourself how determined you are.

I just tore 22 square of shingles off a house, covered the entire roof in ice protection, and reshingled the whole 22 square roof with new shingles with my brother in 2 days. I know what tired is, and more importantly my brother knows what tired is. He is also a full time firemen/paramedic. He'll go 3 days straight of working construction/ems on a few hours of sleep period. He has nothing to say of the nonsense you speak of, nor do i.

What draws you to a science board when your beliefs are so blatantly opposite to science.

>STEM brainlet thinks abandoning ontological dualism implies abandoning cognitive dualism

Consciousness is an emergent property. It, and thoughts are entities that are not observable but metaphysically objective. How can we say that these things cannot exist independently of the material? we can only say that they are produced by the material. It is reasonable to say that they perish with the material that sustains them though. It's possible that there is a true immaterial self, a noumenon, or soul, but we can only ever know our self-images.

Read Kant.

Not being able to disprove something is not evidence of existence.

guys just ready this shit.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj19-6157XXAhWHRCYKHUJ-BDcQqQIIOCgAMAU&url=https://www.healthline.com/health-news/we-may-still-be-conscious-after-we-die&usg=AOvVaw0c2Mf-aePxdfTM726D-hdD

>1 single outlier

okay

and?

The only reason it goes towards 'hurr durr conshusnes is its own entirty' is because they decide to reject the idea that our behavior is remotely deterministic. Even though there is no evidence to the contrary, at all. Which is fucking brainlet territory. Determinism doesn't mean 'hurr durr murderes cant goto jail cuz its not their fault' NO its still their fault, they ARE that part of the system, and they are a problem still. Just because computers are deterministic doesn't mean we don't stop viruses, just because "they have no choice!"

bump

>for the love of fuck
What did he mean by this?

>coincidences
Nigger what

bump

>take up the responsibility of prescribing meaning to whatever ignites your emotional circuitry
Yes, most normal people can do that. Nihilists are nihilists because they can't. They're not teenagers taking it up because of hormones and to seem cool. They genuinely do not have what it takes to find meaning in life. You can judge them for that, but it's not their fault.

>Deja Vu
Pattern recognition

>coincidences
Pattern recognition

>dreams
Memory

>daily life
?

If you weren't so unintelligent you'd realize the brain's capability to create hallucinations \ dreams so vivid they can make you experience jumping out of your body with no relation to reality is more impressive than needlessly tying that experience to physical reality.