Grow up always hearing stand-up comedians and sitcoms talk about how shitty Denny's is

>grow up always hearing stand-up comedians and sitcoms talk about how shitty Denny's is
>finally go
>it's great

what else have I been lied to about?

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/04/man_burned_in_dennys_arson_att.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut the fuck up

go fuck yourself

This actually is still Kansas

I mean Denny's isn't straight up horrible, but you probably can find better diner's in your area for the same price point.

faggot

Dennys isn't awful, it's more middle of the road....don't get where the hate comes from, it's not bad it's simply mediocre

i only think its good because i dont live near any of the better one-off diners i keep passing by. the ayce pancakes are good til the 3rd helping

I used to work at one, it really depends on who is in the kitchen. When Lupe or Alfredo worked, the food was always great and came put fast. Anyone else and it sucked ass. That only accounts for the food itself, the front of the house is always dingy nasty sticky bullshit.

Hm, they don't clean their grills. Veggie omlet = grill cleaner soaked up into mushrooms.

>they don't clean their grills
>they use grill cleaner
Hmm

my cheesy mashed potatoes tasted like peaches

Upgrade

Never been to Perkins. I saw the kind of people who are usually employed there so I steered clear.

I been throught the same thing. As a kid in Upstate New York, we knew a Denny's location that I ate at plenty of times and for us it was upper class. Then I saw the Simpsons episode where Flanders said he wouldn't be surprised at hearing bad language at Denny's and thought wow, I guess they're generally not very good.

A grand slamwich and a caesar is ideal for hangover suppression.

to be fair it was never the amiance or the menu that gets critisized
its the people that go there

oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/04/man_burned_in_dennys_arson_att.html

Maybe if you're an elderly black person

>Denny's is great

Your mother never made you food? Denny's is like getting served by a crackhead prostitute mother. If your mom cared at all about herself or you, you'd of eaten better.

>you'd of

Nice bait.

>you'd of
Crack prostitue teachers?

I still sometimes answer my phone as:
Perkins Family Restaurant & Bakery in Coeur d' Alene Idaho! This is Sean speaking, how may I help you?
Except change the city and state to "XXX" and my name to user. Cuz dox.
I could tell stories... It was back at the time of Ruby Ridge, /pol/.

Purposefully baited grammar Nazis... Nice.

OK, you'd've, better?

Butting in here, but there's no need for contractions. They're fin' fer erry'dy speech but not s'much for being tak'd seriously in ritn' wrd.
It makes you sound uneducated. And it's obvious from your post that you are classicaly trained in English, so we are just concerned with your wellbeing. That's all. Hope you are doing okay, and if you need help with anything, please ask. We care.

Denny's, like White Castle, is only good when it's 2am and you are hammered or baked.
There are better options out there, but the sign is like a beacon for degenerate alcoholics.
And yes, I speak from experience.

When I was growing up Denny's was always acceptable. Noneofthemeverknewhow to scramble eggs for shit, but everything else was fine.
Over the past 5 years, at 4 or 5 different locations we have finally written them off. They ar completely dead to our family. Diminishing portions, shitty eggs, bad service, and the final blow, awful flavorless bacon combined with shit service, and we will never, ever go there again.

Sad, really. So many memories of drunken nights and delicious skillets. But I literally haven't had an edible meal at Denny's in 10 years.

ru fkin kidin me m8

>Live in wealthy suburban area in Northeast U.S.
>No Denny's around for miles, never been to one before

I want to try it t b h. How bad could it be? It can't be worse than McDonalds.

>what else have I been lied to about?
that you have good taste

I like the eggs in a hole or whatever they're called with the cheddar bread. It's like 2.50 and a really filling breakfast.

Is Bob Evans any good? Never seen it mentioned here

Used to be. Kind of gone to shit though. Under new management now though so maybe it will change for the better.

I imagine dennys overall has pretty terrible food, but I generally enjoy it when I go. That said I get some version of a skillet every time and it always seems to hit the spot

Bob Evans is half a notch below Cracker Barrel, but they're the same thing. Breakfast foods, country style "home cookin'" platters, pies. Lots of stuff like fried catfish, country fried steak, meatloaf, veggies, biscuits, gravy. It's mediocre, but sometimes they hit the spot.

Eh...I worked there as a prep and line cook. Scrambled eggs come in bags but the other eggs are cracked to order. The meats come in frozen. The soups are also shipped in bags. Fruits come in fresh though and are hand cut every day and the oatmeal and grits are made by hand. I put in my 2 weeks because an ex-chef phoned me asking for help in a new kitchen.

The coffee is FUCKING SHIT, though...some of the worst coffee I've ever had. True story though, this idiot junkie line cook filtered a fryer without turning it off and poured the grease back onto hot elements...set off the fumigation system. We had to shuffle everyone out and shut the place down for the day, it was actually kinda awesome.

i unironically love their skillet meals,usually comes out hot and not bad price wise.

Applebee's is on the same boat as Denny's.

I've never been to one. Waffle House master race

depends on what you order. their french toast is great. their vegetable/sausage grills (tried that lord of the rings one years ago) was god awful, with sloppy flavorless veggies and meat.

he's saying the omelette is the grill cleaner, retard.

It's location-dependent. Most of them suck. A few have chefs who take pride in their work and are worthy of the title.

If I'm eating in an environment where I'm liable to get stabbed at any moment, it's gonna be at Waffle House.

Some of them here in Memphis have cops that stay there all night.

There's a big difference between a Chef and a Cook.

Go to hell.

Got 'em

Honestly I've never had a bad experience at a Waffle House. Also most any Waffle House that is near bars will have a cop all night.

the holocaust

So edgy.

It's alright but the breakfast food is actually the same you would find in any low cost buffet in the morning. It's like McDonald's when you look at it and other diners like it.

Stupid sexy flanders

I've always wondered if Golden Corral is any good?
>$13.99 endless prime rib

so no then

thanks for being an edgelord and offering zero (0) first-hand info
You are probably not good with human contact and autistic so this is the wrong place for you
>fucking turbo double-nigger

Now this is what I'm talking about
You want a shitty dinner chain where you can actually see them make the food? Just come on down 95/85, we got plenty

lol you typed that bullshit and i'm the autistic edgelord who isn't good at human contact. you are offensively dumb.

For me, it's Big Erson's
The finest in chain diners

Denny's breakfast and desserts are pretty good.

Their lunch and dinners suck, though.

Pretty sure the jokes about Denny's are about the kinds of people that inhabit it at 3 in the morning, not the food.

The food is decent. I think they use too much salt but what can you do

If you're going to eat at a Golden Corral, eat at one that has either recently opened or does a high volume of business, eat right before the lunch crowd comes or right when they start the dinner rotation, and always check the restrooms.

worth a try imo
it's not knock your socks off good but generally pretty solid for what you'd expect

Do you listen to the media?

ask them not to use so much salt

the thing is that no one goes to dennys bc they enjoy going to dennys, people only go because of the circumstance

like if you're on a long road trip, or if you just got done bar hopping or out of a late concert etc. so you're always groggy/tired if you end up in one

LOL!

GC used to be good before it blew up in popularity. Food quality tumbled down after that. Never go during rush hours and be prepared for a bad stomach
But damn do I love that bourbon chicken

Denny's is all fast cooked frozen food. The dinner works off of the freezer. Fries, Mozzeralla sticks, frozen meats(like meatballs), vegetables.

Dennys is alright as long as you understand what you're getting and that's what you want.

It really depends on the location and who works there, like almost every chain restaurant. If you go to one that's managed well it'll be enjoyable. Comedians are probably joking about the dirty nasty ones they go to after a night of drinking.

gtfo faggot

where you at

He said grill cleaner soaked up into mushroom, implying liquid cleaner had been applied. Mong.

I'm not him but why would he specify veggie omelette? Wouldn't any omelette soak up the cleaning liquid?

Protip: order their seasoned fries and have them give you some pancake syrup. It tastes exactly like French toast.

do they stay there to eat or go there preped for trouble?

Denny's is mediocre at best.

I stopped going once they stopped serving the grilled cheese with mozzarella sticks inside them. That was at least 5 years ago by now.

>>it's great