Why are men so thoroughly terrible at writing female characters?

Why are men so thoroughly terrible at writing female characters?

I have only ever seen one exception: Tolstoy. No other.

Same reason that women are so terrible at writing male characters.

Why are women so bad at writing both female and male characters?

why are men so bad?

low verbal intelligence
they're more suited for spatial things like sculpture and vidya

Because women like bad men

if so, we'd be happy
now we hate you

Mind and heart are not always aligned

I see this idiocy all the time. Just because they don't act like you doesn't mean they don't act like a person who happens to be a woman.

at least we have both, whereas you just have a sex drive

And the ability to write good characters

Have you read the nausicaa chapter of ulysses? Also check this guy's work out

well no, see OP again

well yes, see again

why is it that men are so bad?

"I always start with physicality when I'm writing as a woman. So I always have a vagina and think about having periods. I always start with an embodiment. And I think when I read men writing about women, they never seem to have thought about that. They've never thought: actually, you've got a cycle, you're different. "

before i hovered over your spoiler i was gonna say tolstoy
not that he's the only one but good job fending off the most obvious challenge to your ridiculous notion

read Proust you fool

Can I buy you a drink?

literally name one other
and the good female character he wrote

One female writer who was very good at writing male characters was Patricia Highsmith. Obviously there's the Tom Ripley books, but her other male characters are very believable too. With most female writers, I find the male characters lack credibility - they're like women in drag.

lmao women are mere bodies

the gays are on team women
you don't get to claim them unless you fuck them, but then you are a gay, and on the team women

Gay guys are doubly team man

that's a stupid thing to say

Now I can transform this tragic rejection into a literary masterpiece

which will go on to receive rejection notices

Literally the opposite.

no...

>Men only have sex drive meme
You only think that because when you think of men you only think of the Chad's.

>Why do men always cheat?
They don't, only the most sexually attractive men can afford to cheat. If you don't want to get cheated on, stop going after the very top of the sexual market.

>Why are men so afraid of commitment?
Maybe because you, and all other women, put out on the first date, and highly attractive men know they can continue this. Again, if you want a committed loyal partner, stop aiming for a highly attractive, rich Chad.

>Why do men only want sex?
They don't. They only want sex with you, because you're uninteresting and don't have more value than your pussy.

Any questions?

Flaubert?

this is a man btw, women don't exist

Honest question, how do I change that?

That's not true

Because women make terrible characters, they're not fully human

And yet the best male characters are those with feminine traits. How so?

>Khajit knows nothing of this 'skooma trading' you speak of

Because those are the most compelling people?

Beta male master race

Men are literally just women, but with virtue added on top

There is a distinction between beta males, who are introverted, autistic, and ugly, versus effeminate males, who are extroverted, carefree, and pretty.

Men are women without the need of completion.

Most men lack empathy. They are basically robots. If you like books that are a string of Wikipedia articles and autistic lists of things you would find in a medieval monastery, or in the studio of an art forger or the lab of a German rocket scientist, I suppose men are capable enough. But if you want emotion, passion humanity in your reading, it's probably best to avoid Y chromosomes.

they aren't. women just want an idealized portrait of themselves full of substance that doesn't actually exist.

Fucking this. Tits or gtfo bitches

Words of wisdom

100% this

Veeky Forums constantly proves to be an incurable male board, because of fucking reading lists and charts made for autists

What are some good female characters.

Please don't give anyone written by Virginia Wolof !

Tumblr.com is just one click away

hey, do you like memes?

yeah because austen, atwood and rand mentioned their regular period cycles and vaginal cramps lmao

Dude what, have you read ANY of the classics? There's countless books written by men that list things you describe as feminine traits

bullshit. if he wasn't right, philosophy wouldn't be written by male authors only

The only male writer capable of writing good female characters was George Eliot. Most male writers are too lacking in compassion. Good old George was the exception. He gives me hope that men aren't all subhuman robots.

Mad Men is written by women and it has both the best male and female characters. The females in it are far less ideal pretty cute trophies than how men writers portray them.

The thing is men can be rational AND emotional.

Lol

>female characters are a criterion for quality

I hate this. Never understood it. Why does every book discussion in class have to have a part about female characters and why does the book always get bad reviews by both students and teachers because it lacks women or doesn't have enough women? And even if it does have women in it it's never good enough.

>The Iliad is bad because no women
>Moby Dick is bad because no women
>Divine Comedy is bad because Beatrice is an object

Why do I have to go through this?
Our Beowulf lecture was titled 'Queer reading of Beowulf' even.

Because most readers are women

Of course, but sometimes the rational side negatively affects or reduces the emotional side. For that we have women.

Feminist ideologues have taken over the humanities, if you haven't noticed.

Never should have studied literature desu.

Most books throughout history have uninteresting, one-dimensional female characters because throughout history women have always been uninteresting and one-dimensional.

Joyce is another good exception.

>Mad Men is written by women and it has both the best male and female characters.

>Most men lack empathy

"Regard the society of women as a necessary unpleasantness of life, and avoid it as much as possible."

-Tolstoy

But now the society of women is the ONLY society.

You spend too much time around leftist cucks. Find men and chill with them. Perhaps pubs would be your best bet.

men are women without virtue or the capacity for abstract thinking

I think of this every time someone talks about writing female characters.

What about good old Jerome Davidoo Salinger?

I think you meant the opposite.

This nigga knows his shit.

Even though men have as few as 10 archetypes, women love to make it seem like 2. Attractive and unnatractive. And when both of these fail to make her awe at their perfectness by doing some despicable shit, they blame it on everymotherfucking exemplary of the genre. Love it.

You just havent read the right writers