I just turned 27, and feel like I've wasted my lifetime so far...

I just turned 27, and feel like I've wasted my lifetime so far, not reading any insightful or classic literature such as Don Quixote or Gulag Archipelago.

What title would you consider me read to inspire the soul?

read all the lyrics of all lana del rey songs...

fault in our stars

What's the greatest insight you've learned from a work of fiction?

sort yourself out

My sides xD

I just walked through another music festival hoping someone would talk to be or something but just the same empty experience. Reading books wont save you OP. Why not just kidnap a girl and live in a tent with her innawoods for the rest of your life?

I started reading real books around your age. Before that, only SciFi and Fantasy. And look at me now, I'm 45 and post on Indonesian Fish-massage boards. You'll be awwwright lad.

>classic literature such as Don Quixote or Gulag Archipelago
>Gulag Archipelago
The mystic meme shaman has done lasting damage to literature

>Gulag Archipelago
>tfw you know he mentioned it not for its historical relevance but only because he is parroting what Kermit the pseudo-self-help-philosopher said

Depressing.

I'm not a native English speaker and Shakespeare really made me apreciate language and prose.

Gulag Archipeligo was a CIA/KGB psyop. Hack shit. Read Nabokov.

Notes from Underground

First, clean your room.

get gottfried keller pilled by green henry

Anyone willing to answer this one?

Here's off the top of my head:

Don't worry about anything out of your control - Aurelius

Think for yourself,don't trust sophists, read AND lift, women can take the same paths as men, but they'll never be as exceedingly good - Plato dialogues

Being just and excellent and often striking the mean of these two, though you stray occasionally, means your a good man. The fact that you're occasionally self-conscious of your human interaction, as long as you're not a constantly self-conscious paranoid fuck, means your ethical. - Aristotle, ethics.

War is bad because it makes the winner stupid and the loser malignant, but it's also good because it brings us closer to nature. It's a hibernation for culture, where we come out stronger. Same for an era of weaker politics. Also, don't jack off, and just because the commandments seem trivial to us now, doesn't mean they were trivial back then to savages - Nietzsche (I just started him and there's many more I could list)

Don't fucking waste your time with that girl - Goethe, Werther (and Joyce and even Shakes to an extent-Venus and Adonis)

Joyce, Shakespeare, Homer, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Faulkner, Twain, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Kafka, even DFW and mannnnny more have all given me insights on the human condition. They simultaneously make me sympathetic of the people around me and my every waking thought, while also making me feel superior- i.e., what the fuck is wrong with 95% of people either not realizing their full potential as human beings.

>27
>Wasted lifetime
What fucking lifetime? You're basically in your first decade of adulthood (and by the way, chances are you're still naive as fuck and will be looking back on yourself as such in 1-2 decade's time), and you're still hugely ignorant on a fuckton of things in life. With how quickly medicine is advancing, unless you're a fat fuck and/or a chainsmoker and/or an alcoholic and/or a degenerative drug addict, you've probably only experienced about 1/3rd of your life. Guess what, most of that 1/3rd of your life thus far has been you being a huge fucking dumbass. It's called your childhood and teen years.

You're literally JUST starting to begin life, you're literally STILL probably a dumbass and won't be fully matured for another decade or two, and you've probably got another 5 decades to go at least unless you life in fucking Africa or some shit like that.

Yours truly, a fucking 26 year old who's suffered in a construction trade for years alongside cranky 40-60 year old bastards who largely hate me because I still got the rest of my God damn life ahead of me. Man the fuck up. You want to read a book? Read a fucking book. I've written 4 and might have my 5th one finished in a week's time. Figure out what the fuck you want to do and do it. There are people out there who have over half their life behind them and are only now discovering what their true passion/calling in life is, but you don't hear them bitching and whining, so what gives you the right?!

humanity will go extinct this century, silly

I don't think it will but there's probably going to be a collapse of sorts.
I'm ready for the bloodbath. (actually not really I'm a small wristed weakling with no practical sense)

>mfw I'm turning 27 in november

read Crime and Punishment and style yourself after either Raskolnikov or Svidrigailov