Fat fucks BTFO

Fat fucks BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782974/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

care to share this """"""research"""""" with the rest of us

Well if you go to vox.com and look for that particular article, you too can find the link to said """""research""""" of which you desire

This is related to that "artificial sweeteners make you crave more/aren't satisfying" stuff, right? I've never had that problem with them but what do I know, the science is settled :^)

this is why i drink water with every meal

fuck sugar and fuck its subsitutes

>Summary

>Post-ingestive signals related to nutrient metabolism are thought to be the primary drivers of reinforcement potency of energy sources. Here, in a series of neuroimaging and indirect calorimetry human studies, we examine the relative roles of caloric load and perceived sweetness in driving metabolic, perceptual, and brain responses to sugared beverages. Whereas caloric load was manipulated using the tasteless carbohydrate maltodextrin, sweetness levels were manipulated using the non-nutritive sweetener sucralose. By formulating beverages that contain different amounts of maltodextrin+sucralose, we demonstrate a non-linear association between caloric load, metabolic response, and reinforcement potency, which is driven in part by the extent to which sweetness is proportional to caloric load. In particular, we show that (1) lower-calorie beverages can produce greater metabolic response and condition greater brain response and liking than higher-calorie beverages and (2) when sweetness is proportional to caloric load, greater metabolic responses are observed. These results demonstrate a non-linear association between caloric load and reward and describe an unanticipated role for sweet taste in regulating carbohydrate metabolism, revealing a novel mechanism by which sugar-sweetened beverages influence physiological responses to carbohydrate ingestion

No

>"Consumption of sodas containing artificial sweeteners is common practice in both children and adults. It is generally assumed that glucose metabolism is not altered because these sodas contain no or extremely few calories from carbohydrate. However, recent data obtained from animal studies demonstrate that artificial sweeteners play an active metabolic role within the gastrointestinal tract. Sweet-taste receptors, including the T1R family and α-gustducin, respond not only to caloric sugars such as sucrose but also to artificial sweeteners, including sucralose (Splenda) and acesulfame-K (1,2). In both humans and animals, these receptors have been shown to be present in glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1–secreting L-cells of the gut mucosa as well as in lingual taste buds (3–5) and serve as critical mediators of GLP-1 secretion (5). In this study, we examined the effect of artificial sweeteners in a commercially available soft drink on glucose, insulin, and GLP-1 in humans."

"Ingestion of Diet Soda Before a Glucose Load Augments Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Secretion"

Rebecca J. Brown, MD, Mary Walter, PHD, and Kristina I. Rother, MD, MHSC

Related to OPs link, but old ass news since they were finding this shit 10 years ago.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782974/

B-but where do I get my brain tumors from?

If you are too stupid to read this, it says:

If you ingest artificial sweeteners and eat alot of carbs, your body will make more insulin, and as a result you will gain more weight and be more prone to diabetes.

Gluten

lol no.

Then HFCS

So it's only relevant for obese retards.

>mfw it takes a study to realize this
can't people just look at all the fat fucks ordering """""DIET""""" soda?

eating too much period.

>people ITT are so retarded they think a drink with literally 0 calories will somehow make you gain weight because metabolism magic
You people are no better than soccer moms.

That's not what people are saying in this thread though. They are saying that when combined with other foods that spike insulin, artificial sweeteners make it worse.

My hangup is why anyone would want to drink that shit anyways.

Trump was right again!

>My hangup is why anyone would want to drink that shit anyways.
Because sugary drinks are disgusting and I prefer the taste of Coke Zero/Diet Coke to regular coke. I can also consume larger quantities of it because it has no caloric value.

Just drink water, that garbage syrup is terrible for your teeth, and lord only knows what kind of health affects all those random chemicals have they put in there

>muh chemicals
Literally a soccer mom

What is this 2005? News to no one.

Enjoy your cancer

this is always what i intuited, glad it wasn't bs

it does make sense logically though. taste isn't just for your monkey brain pleasure. it's not just to detect poison. all animals are actively searching for salt, fat, sugar, etc. why wouldn't your body incorporate these signals in anticipation of consumption?

i don't get why people assume the human body is purely reactive, and that only your consciousness is capable of anticipation. when you smell pheromones and your dick gets hard, that's isn't your human consciousness. that's a base level animal response. your body is using stimuli to prepare you for what's coming.

Literally everything is composed of chemicals you stupid fuck. I bet you think ascorbic acid is really deadly, dihydrogen monoxide to.

Ahead of the curve.

but muh cico

Wtf i love drumpf now

I'm drinking a SHITLOAD of coke zero on keto diet and I lost 10 kilos in a month (90 to 80 kg). It helps me because its sweet and I have huge craving for sweet things as I used to eat things that contain chocolate on daily basis.

corr =/ caus

they think they're doing something good by skipping on the 300+ calorie drink, but continue to order a giant meal which more than makes up for a modest drink + meal

What is the point of drinking diet cola? It tastes nothing like normal cola and has a terrible aftertaste. Either drink regular cola and moderate your consumption, or drink fucking water. How can anyone pretend it tastes the same?

Nice bait. Youd have to be brain dead to prefer diet coke to regular coke. You're literally retarded

they're not saying it's bad as a sugar substitute. the issue is when you pound these babies and also eat actual sugar.

are you swapping out sugar completely? fine

are you trying to limit your sugar intake by replacing a certain part of your diet? could actually be worse for you

>I'm drinking a SHITLOAD of coke zero

Soda is very bad for teeth. Coke zero is highly corrosive to teeth.
Get some artificial sweetener, like aspartame, and make your own sweet drink concoctions. Save your teeth. You are literally dissolving your enamel.

>linked
Doesn't mean it's the cause

WE DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION SWEETIEGOY

Deadly deadly vitamin C

wow research shows something known for decades. who could've thought industrially made mess filled with nothing but chemicals didn't turn healthy just because they stripped the sugar

coke zero tastes better than regular. that nasty syrup feel it leaves in mouth is offputting

artificial sweeteners trigger your insulin secretion because your body prepares to digest carbs (sugar)

I'm not a burger choosing between soda and water. I drink 5 liters or more every day, and a can or two of zero cole because it tastes good. Water also tastes good.

And if you didn't have autism that caused you to hang up on semantics you'd realize that chemicals in the context of food means artificially made chemicals not found in nature, not the definitiok from chemistry

that isnt what it says and regardless, the human body is not an incinerator that indiscriminately processes all foods with equal efficiency. calories in/out may be fundamentally true but its a braindead way to look at diet as a whole

>I bet you think ascorbic acid is really deadly, dihydrogen monoxide to.
t. 2008

>artificial sweeteners give you stroke, dementia and obesity
Is there anything they can't do?

I drink at least 2l of coke light a day. 5kg away from my goal weight, pretty fit otherwise. Dont think its healthy tho.

Donuts. The super food?
find out tonight at 6

It doesn't taste the same. It's not supposed to. It tastes better.

Left or right?

Regular coke tastes like drinking pure sugar. Diet coke has a crisp and refreshing taste.

>"CALORIE IN CALORIE OUT KEKS BTFO"
Ftfy. Pretty sure fatties are the ones always claiming weight has to do with the way things metabolize, anyway.

that doesn't make sense

>drink diet soda
>don't eat
>die

I highly doubt diet soda is causing it
Its probably fat fucks happen to drink more diet soda trying to cut calories but still overeat which leads to "metabolic syndrome" meaning obesity

>drink 2L diet soda per day
>eat like normal person
>weigh 125lbs
Come at me, faggot. Broscience will never win.

is this any different to eating sugar and having a bunch of carbs with it?

>its okay to be retarded

You could just say artificial chemicals you stupid fuck but even artificial chemicals are made from natural sources. Maybe if you had an iq above 2 you wouldnt say stupid shit.

calories ingested would be higher, using that study's logic sugar would be even worse.

>>You could just say artificial chemicals
Why? The word "artificial" is rendundant.

>>even artificial chemicals are made from natural sources.
So we agree. There's no point in mentioning "artificial".

>>Maybe if you had an iq above 2 you wouldnt say stupid shit.
He didn't. You're the only one sperging out over this. Don't you have a supermarket manager to visit so you can lecture him about how all foods are "organic" because they contain carbon?

I bet you think GMOs are bad to user.

Do you think a "calorie" is some sort of actual particle, which works the same with everyone? It's just a rough measurement of how much an average human body gets from breaking down certain nutrients. Metabolisms vary from person to person. Why can't you believe that there are chemicals you can ingest which effect the way you metabolise sugar?

this is one of those things that only affect people with already fucked up systems, right?

it means people who eat a lot gain a lot of weight even if they drink diet soda

I don't know who to hate more: landwhales or Vox readers

Artifical sweeteners make you hungry, because sugar makes you hungry, and your body thinks you're eating sugar. You can stay under a reasonable caloric limit while drinking diet sodas and not gain any weight, but the hunger response makes that more difficult.

It's still way better than eating actual sugar