This is the most incompetent shit

this is the most incompetent shit.

What is this?

it has discount coupons, and referral credit

you should only use it when you have a discount, otherwise it's overpriced shit.

Yeah? There's a company called Favor that let's people on BICYCLES deliver your food.

"Fresh to your door in under three hours or its free"

you should never pay for your meal using ubereats

all you have to do is send in a complaint ticket saying your food wasn't packed properly, the driver tipped shit over, anything really. attach a photo of your food containers all messed up after you plate the food and they'll refund your money + they give you credits that just keep increasing by $5 each complaint

the only problem with ubereats is that they don't give a shit who signs up to deliver so you can get crackheads who have no way of getting to you. i've had a few call me 2 hours later saying they can't make it

My idiot roommate orders from Ubereats 1-2 times a day and spends $1500+ on food a month

$1500 feeds me for half a year

I'm a uber eats driver.
It pays shit since nobody uses their overpriced service.
Most of my deliveries are to rich kids or travelers who have their meal paid by the company.

what happens on your end if someone complains?

Uber is discrete about that.
WHat they told us is if you have too much complains they remove your account.

So far nobody complained because I'm probably the only white driver in the city and I'm polite.

SOmeone had to wait 2 hours for their McDOnalds because of the traffic. It was a 15 minutes walk from their place, a super huge penthouse in the most expensive part of town. No complain.

Who prepares the food for this? Random strangers?

Restaurants, actually the nicest one.
Pizza places give me shit when I don't have a bag big enough for big pizzas, they care about how it will be delivered.

I personally do not.

Fast food usually, sometimes local restaurants, but the big "selling point" for Uber Eats is that you can now get delivery from all the big fast food chains that previously didn't

So do you call it in as if it were your own order then go pick it up and deliver it?

No it's the same Uber application but for food.
My phone buzzes and a map shows where food is to be picked up and the gps kicks in to give you the way to get there.

You pick it up confirm the pick up and the app shows you where to deliver it, along with the estimated driving time. It's pretty awesome, it understands current traffic conditions.

awesome tip, love it.

A lot of drivers in Manhattan deliver 4-5 orders at a time. I figure that's the only way people make decent money?

It's basically a courier service for take away food. You order the food through the app/website, the restaurant makes the food and then the driver delivers it to you.
It's basically the same as ordering delivery but it's usually done by places that don't have delivery drivers.

Absolutely!
I've drive uber eats a dozen time and the city I live in is not busy enough for that.

Just ordered some ramen from Favor. I'm getting hungry.

Truly an awesome time we live in

Yet we still have to iron our fuckin clothes.

Not when I unveil my new home delivery ironing service, irny.

Even when I had to wear a button down and tie I just hung up stuff right after it finished drying and it always looked fine

smart

First runner cancelled on me and an hour later the new runner is just now driving there.

this

i havent used my iron the last thirteen years or so
but don't forget to shake out well (like in an eastern movie, i.e. 36 chambers of shaolin) before hanging for drying

Enjoy being the most annoying person anyone who has the displeasure of knowing you has ever met.

Grub hub and that other one that's used all the time already exist and those at least use drivers from the restaurant itself rather than some random fuckcuck you can't trust.

He must be really fat and or only buys the expensive shit to blow that much on fast food

I stopped using UberEats mostly to go for BiteSquad. Uber was great at first in my area - a lot of restaurants I couldn't otherwise get delivery from, and a reasonable delivery fee, that I didn't have to tip on top of of.

Now most of the restaurants that were available have opted out of the service, and they have a flat $5.00 service charge - which is no big deal if ordering for two, but for one, it's bullshit, and is almost 50% of the cost of my food. Plus now they let you tip on the app, which means you KNOW drivers are going to rate you poorly when you don't tip, whereas before they had to suck it up because it wasn't an option.

BiteSquad has free delivery for any place within 10 miles of my house or so, and I can tip beforehand to make up for anyone who wants to fuck with my food in advance. Plus more restaurants use it.

I've been ordering in like 4 days a week lately though, I'm going to cut that out starting next week, when my car is back from the shop.

is it really that overpriced?
my friends and I got mcdonalds delivered after a night of drinking the other night, something like 40 chicken nuggets, some fries, mcchicken/mcdouble, and some breakfast items, and when i totalled it out i feel like it was only like 5 bucks over what it would have been if we drove.

That's when it's worth it. But McDonalds is one of the better examples - I know plenty of restaurants that raise their prices by say, 20%, to offset the surcharge Uber is charging them as part of the partnership.

My company did a test flight with them and we had to negotiate down to 15% of order going to Uber - it's normally higher for smaller restaurants and companies with less leverage than we had.

My washing machine has a crease care function that does a pretty good job of keeping things nice as long as I hang them up after.

Any opinions on Amazon Restaurants? As a prime member, I get codes for it every month but have never tried it.

fuck off Bezos, we aren't a focus group

Great. Super business

Never had any problems with it desu.

>which means you KNOW drivers are going to rate you poorly when you don't tip
Supposedly uber doesn't let the drivers know who does and doesn't tip them but I have no clue how fast it lets them know they got a tip.

I'm actually a different guy and I have prime for a few months, I'm genuinely curious if it's a good service or not. They keep sending me like $5 off email coupons.

jesus is that a joke? sounds fucking horrible. like when I go to my credit card deals section and it's all depressing poor people mall shit. save 3% on sephora and bonobos and charles tyrwhitt if you go through this insane convoluted process exclusive just for you my friend

these companies need to get better at using discounts to shape behavior because all the stuff they've tried on me hasn't worked. or maybe it's because I use too many VPNs and anti-tracking plugins and their profile on me is just the generic "default consumer" but in either case they suck

How well are you even paid compared to just being an uber driver? It seems way more troublesome and time consuming and from my end I only see an additional $5 charge to deliver

You're a piece of shit.

Random strangers preparing food is kinda the definition of ordering out.

kek

Ok but if they are working for a restaurant then there is some oversight. I thought maybe people could cook a meal at home then sell it via this app which is what I was asking about

Uber driver, I can't know tips amount until after I rate you. Also, I never accept meals, it is not worth it for me. $4-5 to park near a restaurant (never easy and cops will fuck with you) then wait in line (servers hate you because you jump the line and make them no tips) then park again near the recipient (once again their nigger ass will never be on time and cops fuck with you).

Picking up people in DC is hard enough already because millennials are niggers and cannot ever be where they out the pin on time, and cops are Freemasonic street shitting genxers who want to shit down your throat to please Yahweh. So I stick to the suburbs, am real choosy, and have the least rides but most money of any driver in town.

the money was good the first 6 months they were in my city. guaranteed $22-25 an hour for averaging one delivery an hour over a 3/4 hour period for lunch and dinner times. i made a ton of money for very little work.

a few times someone from uber would give me a call if i had to cancel an order for some reason. uber almost always sided with me, but i never cancelled anything for any ticky tack shit.

i once got a call after a customer complained after not getting everything with their order. the i just told them the restaurant slipped up on their end and that was that.

once i had to deliver an absolutely huge order
from a local mexican place. 3 giant bags of stuff, two gallons of tea, and a cooler full of ice. the dropoff location was a large high rise building with nowhere for me to park without paying, so i stopped in the passenger drop off zone and called the customer (some big boss person). i told them that there was nowhere for me to park and asked if they could send some people down to get their stuff. they sent one tiny old lady to get everything. she called for more help when she saw what she had to get, and i left. i got a call from uber a few minutes later that the customer was furious that i didn't leave my car parked illegally so that i could carry an impossible amount of stuff to the 26th floor by myself. i told uber what was up, they were cool, but then the next day i noticed m rating went down from 100 to 99. go figure.

>SOmeone had to wait 2 hours for their McDOnalds because of the traffic.

why would you not cancel that shit? i worked for uber eats for a while, and we didn't get paid by the minute or anything. certainly it wasn't worth the $5 or whatever you made to sit in traffic for two hours.

grubhub is more like uber eats now. at least where i am.

so you can see what other drivers are making?

Not hard to do math, I drive in the city every now and then to spot check and my guess is the average DC Uber driver makes 9-10 dollars/ hr after gas and maintenance, slightly more on weekends or in heavy season.

I'm sitting at around 17-19/hr. Lots of drivers will tell you they go bust after a crash or big maintenance bill, not surprising.

But this will get people fired user.

tried it once when they gave me a discount, took 2 hours to get my food because apparently they have one fucking driver in all of Chicago