What's the definite way of representing the number 0?

What's the definite way of representing the number 0?

0 isn't a goddamn number and your fucking gif proves it.

>0 isn't a goddamn number

Then what in the goddamned fuck is it???

A concept made by humans.

Then what does that concept represent?

Lack of.
Nothing.
A void.
Emptiness.

Numbers imply information/matter/energy. Zero implies there is nothing. If absolute zero is reached, information no longer flows.

That's wrong.
NULL is nothing. Zero is the additive identity. You need both concepts, they mean different things. Someone scoring 0 on a test isn't the same as someone not taking a test.

We can define it as [math] 0 = \# \{ \text{Women OP has had sex with } \}[/math]

your wifes vagina

Is that not just another way of stating what I'm saying? 0 is a concept made by humans to handle the idea of null in mathematics.

Think of it this way. If i had 1 Apple and someone took it, you would say I now have 0 apples, and this is fair to say, but if you look at it from a world perspective, there's never 0 apples. If we somehow took every Apple (and by extension, every piece of information related to apples) and somehow removed them from the universe, then you could accurately say we have 0 apples (or null). Before this you could say someone has 0 apples, but there was always at least 1 Apple that existed to make that '0' a 1. But a true 0 can never become 1 again, or anything else for that matter. That's the way I see it at least.

zero is a number, it means zero number of something. zero is not nothing.
nothing is like zero number of zeros

>0 is a concept made by humans to handle the idea of null in mathematics.
No, it absolutely is not.
Do you somehow believe the concept of NULL was just some extraneous add-on that programmers thought up because they wanted to make things more complicated for no reason?
It behaves in a totally different way from the number 0.
5 + 0 = 5
5 + NULL IS NULL
You need a concept for a lack of information to manage any nontrivial collection of real world data, and that concept isn't 0, it's NULL. 0 is present information, it tells you the value is 0. If you get tested for some genetic condition and the results aren't in yet, the current lack of results (NULL) isn't at all the same as you having a 0% risk for that condition.

>Is that not just another way of stating what I'm saying?
Yes, it is not just another way of stating what you're saying, you cartooney bastard.
Lrn2number-theory, retard

>using social constructs to prove something isn't an abstract construct
lmaoing at u.
What's the difference between eating 0 apples and not eating any apples?
Whats the difference between moving 0 feet and not moving at all?
Whats the difference between having 0 children, and not having children at all?
Where's your precious NULL now?

It's an origin point, but definition it lacks any dimensions by which it can be defined. It's a horizon of nonexistence.

If you want to say that NULL is different from 0 because it behaves differently under addition, then that's fine. However, what is the difference between NULL and UNDEFINED, or N/A ?

If you don't take a test, the professor will give you a 0. Everyone knows this, Hans.

>What's the difference between eating 0 apples and not eating any apples?
The difference between if someone is in your apple eating table with a value of 0 for number_of_apples_eaten vs. if someone isn't in your apple eating table and has no value at all. Maybe that someone with no value at all who isn't in your table currently actually was in the contest and ate 10 apples, but you didn't get the data in for them yet because they did this a day after the 0 apple person and you only get updated on each subsequent day. Or maybe this is someone who exists somewhere else in your database but was never part of the contest. You don't know, which is yet another reason why you have NULL as a different concept from 0.
>Whats the difference between moving 0 feet and not moving at all?
The difference between if someone in a track race never took a step because they passed out from a rare heart condition vs. someone who was never in the race to begin with. Or the difference between someone you know moved 0 feet vs. someone you don't currently have data on.
>Whats the difference between having 0 children, and not having children at all?
The difference between the number of children a couple reports for a census vs. the absence of a record for the number of children someone who isn't covered by the census has.
>Where's your precious NULL now?
Fucking everywhere you ignorant piece of shit, stop using your computer, you don't deserve it.

Not everyone always takes a test on the same day. Do you give everyone who takes the test the next day a preemptive 0 until they complete their test?
Do you think your GPA was preemptively set as a 0 when you first began attending classes?

"Undefined" is an answer you give back to 0/0. NULL isn't the answer to 0/0. You don't get back NULL in any setting I'm aware of when you try an undefined mathematical operation.
N/A isn't a label I see often. The closest thing I can think of is the N/A you get back when you fuck up an Excel formula, in which case it's a little closer in meaning to "undefined" than to NULL since NULL is an absence of information while an error is an indication of something being there that went outside the bounds of what's handled in the scope of operations you're working with.