These are the top 10 best books of the 20th century as voted by the American public in 1999

these are the top 10 best books of the 20th century as voted by the American public in 1999

Other urls found in this thread:

modernlibrary.com/top-100/100-best-novels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I tend to shit on your list, you know?

>American public
I can't even be mad.

Seems like a sample size of 10 people.

Tbh nothing of value was produced in the 20th century so it doesn't even matter.

no infinite jest?

no shit jest diary desu crap?

> NORTH-american public.

Fix'd

There would be more Faulkner is southerners were involved, I suppose

Commies eternally and totally BTFO.

Yeah, and not one Shit Rand or L. Derp Hubbard.

They're not wrong.

Over 200 000 actually
The "experts" list had more variety and put Ulysses at the top

But they said they had people voting multiple times.

Wasn't this list based on an internet poll? Hard to call it the "American public" when it's just a bunch of dot-com bubble era fanchildren stuffing the ballot box.

You have to understand that Scientologists and libertarians are oft-ripped sub-cultures. These people probably actively spend time looking for pols to invade and spray their rancid urine on in order to over-represent themselves.

modernlibrary.com/top-100/100-best-novels/

Pic related.

wow so the general public has shit taste
THAT'S SOME REVOLUTIONARY NEW INSIGHT, OP

that's a nice picture.

Southerner here. The average southerner does not read.

yeah, the American public chose these books just like they selected moot as Time's person of the year

found the buttmad latino, please stay in Argentia shithole

not him, but if Argentina was in the northern hemisphere, it'd be further north than the UShithole ;)

have a nice time bleeding for your envy

>American public
It looks like it was just Scientologists, Ancaps, and High Schoolers

But the average american does, amirite?

Niggers don't read, my man

So the American public?

The rest are just too idiot to answer a poll.

The rest have never read a book and the Bible isn't from the 20th century
If it was done today it would be all Harry Potter and song of ice and fire

Not accurate. Argentina would stretch both further north AND south than the continental US, although Alaska is located closer to the pole.

Christianism is the religion of the illiterate

>american
Stopped reading there.

>No Bulgakov
>No Naipaul
>No Flann O'Brien
Why some much L. Ron Hubbard? His name makes this list very strange.

Randroids and scientologists are insane cultists. It wouldn't be beyond them to conduct a coordinated poll stuffing psyOp

probably vote stuffing. Same with Ayn Rand.

Most americans have never heard of her or LRH. Most american's have probably heard of Scientology, but they wouldn't know a guy named Hubbard wrote a bunch of books about it.

This is what you think. Scientology is at the very heart of the U.S., everyone knows everything even without knowing anything, 1976-present.That's all i'll say.

They got his books onto the best seller lists by organizing a buying campaign, IIRC the books were then immediately sold back to the stores.

Protestants aren't Christian

I read battlefield earth at an age where I liked sci-fi but was unable to get any deeper meaning (either the author's or a personal one) from any literature. i just read for entertainment. I haven't gone back and reread it but I don't think it would be worth my time.

False.