Do you guys even cook here? I see so much shitposting but I never see what you guys even make...

Do you guys even cook here? I see so much shitposting but I never see what you guys even make. Like when you come home after work/school/masturbating in moms basent, do you make something or just order nuggers on the way home?

I made this today after work. Sorry for potato quality. Fresh made pasta with a bolonaise sauce with ground turkey and kale. Topped with some fried spiced chickpeas for some texture contrast. Nothing better than fresh made pasta.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/541459-can-baking-soda-tenderize-dry-beans/
christopherkimball.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/cooking-beans-101/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you want your fill of food selfies, >>>instagram. I cook pretty often but it's just not a habit to whip the camera out every time I make soup.

As for your dish there, what kind of work are you doing that you have the time and energy to make pasta from scratch after work?

Got some pulled pork in the oven. About 2 hours left. We cook and shiiieeet.

There's plenty of follow along cooking threads here, if you look closely.

But really, no, I rarely cook. I come here for ideas about things I want to try when I go out, with the occasional attempt at cooking something. I can feed myself, but anything I'd bother posting here would be laughed at.

Yes cooking is my hobby but I can't see the value of posting pictures of it online.
I made massaman curry last week from scratch and also pad thai from recipes in David Thompsons 'Thai Food' cookbook.

I work a soul drianing office job. You know, office bitch of one kind or another. Pays the bills.

Pasta from scratch takes like 15-20 min to make.

And yet a beer takes .2 seconds to open!

i cook but usually i eat a mixture of fruits veggies and eggs and lentils.

Fair enough, I work in an ER and similarly cooking is a nice reprieve... when I have energy.

That doesn't seem too bad timewise, I'll have to try.

Look up Jaime Olivers recipe. Theres not much kneading involved cause the pasta roller does all the work. That's why it's so fast.

ER doing what?

Veeky Forums = /memes/ retard

You must be new to Veeky Forums. No one on any of the boards does/enjoys the board topic.

You must be really new here, lazy, or ignorant of the existence of the catalog. The Veeky Forums challenge thread and filthy cat poster always have oc cooking on display. There's a lot of shitposting sure, but if you actually looked you'd see that there are routinely several threads of people posting their food, of varying quality.

How'd you do the chickpeas op. Mine never get soft enough no matter how long I soak them
Ate orzo pilaf while making chicken stock after work today

I made cream of potato soup, chopped up some bacon and cheese and put it in as well
Happy?

>Post something you made
>Get torn apart and insulted for fifteen posts
>Thread dies
>Never post OC again
>Become a /sip/boo

The community did this to itself.

I actually don't cook and I'm on Veeky Forums 16 hours a day

I'm not a 20 year old college girl so I don't take pictures of my fucking food

I used canned. The only beans I ever cook from dried are black beans when I'm making cuban beans or navy beans for "boston" baked beans.

Yeah. I'd eat that.

Don't be a little bitch about it then. If you see at least a shred of support keep posting.

So you're just a faggot like the rest of us. Congrats.

Not often do I get to go all out, but i will occationally. Otherwise i just kinda subside on pasta and order out.

But they take pictures of food other people make.
>implying women can cook anymore

i cook pretty much every day but if the food is remotely messy or brown i don't post it on here cause everyone's just going to say it looks like poo.

pasta with chick peas sounds like good shit user.

i dont really pay attention to how my food presents on the plate, but i made this coliflower steak and since im lazy i ate it with a side of canned corn. so far the shittiest thing i made but not bad at all

I'm doing up a duck tonight, probably roasting some veg in the rendered fat.

Nothing too fancy, but fancy enough for drunken company nahmeen?

Like all doughs, it's easier to make the pasta dough in the morning/night before, and deal with it later.

Don't be a baby, it isn't personal and usually isn't even serious. If you want a free self-esteem boost try elsewhere

>How'd you do the chickpeas op. Mine never get soft enough no matter how long I soak them
PROTIP: If your dry beans never really soften despite however long you soak them for it, add both some salt and a 1-2 tsp of baking soda to the water because usually it means you have hard water which the soda counteracts.
livestrong.com/article/541459-can-baking-soda-tenderize-dry-beans/
christopherkimball.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/cooking-beans-101/

>Don't be a baby, it isn't personal and usually isn't even serious.

it's still boring and defeats the incentive to share

I've posted some OC before and I don't mind the ridicule. I'm well aware more often than not it's just kids letting off steam, particularly if there's nothing constructive about it.

I eat home cooked (by me) food three times a day every day and I never actually discuss cooking on here. I mostly come here to see what the Americans have come up with this time.

Veeky Forums is filled with shitposting Ameriboos here to troll, user, not talk about Veeky Forums shit.

I subsist entirely on mommy's tendies

See?
>I mostly come here to see what the Americans have come up with this time.

Ameriboo cancer is all over this board, which is why we need flags.

made braised short ribs over polenta yesterday. I cook a lot and yeah, it seems like a good portion of Veeky Forums doesn't

That looks really good, what is it?

Season your corn with some spices. Seriously, just drain it and fry it up with cumin and chili powder.

I love duck meat, haven't cooked one in years though.

Steak all day erry day

Bbq with the lads

i'm making pulled pork in my new pressure cooker, let's see if it works out

>Ameriboo
I think you misunderstand. I laugh at them, not with them. Though I agree with the flags.