What is your favorite sushi roll, and why is it the california roll?

What is your favorite sushi roll, and why is it the california roll?

Spider

california roll fucking sucks. ordered one at my first sushi joint because you faggots recommended it, and the family didn't even touch it and kinda laughed about it. ate two rolls because I felt obligated, but it was worse than any of the other ones ordered.

>Not shrimp tempura roll

California roll is for when you know you aren't going to fill up on the other rolls you ordered and want cheap decent filler.

My go to at my local place is a roll with spicy tuna, cilantro and avocado, it's only 6 bucks so I always get that and some hamachi nigiri. I always pick the rolls with 4 ingredients or less, and avoid spicy mayo/eel sauce, but then I live in a fishing city so we have fresh pelagic and don't need to hide the taste of old fish.

I fucking love the 'nia' 'shi!

>not eating nigiri or sashimi

Unakyu is superior, of course.

Whichever one has a lot of soft shell crab

My nigga

For me it's the tuna nigiri

I'd like a california roll if it were made with real crab, and not that flavorless fish paste stick.

Spicy Tuna

Almost hate to say this but it's the spicy tuna rolls with the spicy mayo drizzled all over

Can feel my eyes rolling back when they go in my mouth

This has to be my favorite, too.

My local place has something called a Ming Roll.

Tuna, salmon, lemon zest, cucumber, and smelt roe. The sour lemon and the salty roe with a bit of soy sauce is delicious.

I like tamago

Well as far as makis or umakis go it is the California roll. I prefer nigiri though.

The one with smoked eel.

I hate fish

dragon. that eel sauce is too good

Gotta have that grilled eel.

this, California is a close second though