Japan: cock-ring the moon to power aerff

Japan: cock-ring the moon to power aerff

smokin some good sushi over in Japan

I thought of this idea years ago. Just cover the moon in solar panels and run a thick power cable to the earth

How much will the additional weight of the solar panel ring contribute to the moon's gravitational pull on the ocean? If it's heavy enough, it might seriously fuck up tides.

thick like my cock?

Have fun having your trillion dollar solar panel slowly torn apart by meteors 'n' shit.

>run a thick power cable to the earth

Just use orbital mirrors and collectors. Less of a hassle with a fraction of the hassle of building mega structures on the moon.

None, because you make the solar panels from materials on the Moon

Oh man, Veeky Forums needs an /engi/ board.

fund it

Wouldn't this change the center of gravity and result in the moon colliding with the Earth?

Just trow water at the sun and have the steam push a wheel

Why not just build this?

I see no possible downside to this.

No. Orbits are by speed, not mass.

The mass difference between the Moon and the Earth are significant enough that this wouldn't affect it in any serious way.

D-does is break even, user?

And what's the problem with this?

The amount of energy expended building the solar panels will vastly exceed the amount of energy they will generate

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Would the electromagnetic field induced by the mutual electricity effect give everybody cancer?

BUT I GUESS BIG SOLAR COMPANIES JUST DONT CARE!

No.

No but losses in the wire while it traveled to earth would fuck it

Not if the wire is superconducting.

But then the elctrcity would come crashing to the Earth too fast.

True, but how they keep the superconducting material cold enough to maintain that characteristic after it reentered earth's atmosphere?

The ice would travel down it and freeze the earth

This will be quite nice when the Moon secedes and earth based powers threaten military action.

with special voice guest kristen schaal

Xindi did nothing wrong

But can I fuck it?

it would be the opposite of global warming, moonular freezing

Fusion works, it's just 8 minutes away