I have an idea for a novel but have no clue how to get started. Can anyone help me get some momentum?

I have an idea for a novel but have no clue how to get started. Can anyone help me get some momentum?

whats it about

Higher dimensional beings manipulate a mans fate in a ritualistic manner for their own divine purpose

Meaning what, method? Depends on style. Maybe picture a scene. You don't have to start at the beginning

Or motivation? Forbid yourself from fapping until you've completed a certain amount of pages

now that depends on whether you are more an impressionist (like me) or an expressionist type

imagine a picture, a scene
try catching details that come to mind while thinking about it and starting with describing them or the atmosphere
them keep connecting to the events

This is good info, thanks. I'm not approaching a specific angle because I've never written outside of what I did in high school

start by writing it you fucking faggot

there's a retard general always running. go to it.

Abandon desire

read Iliad

Well I obviously don't have the savant-type intelligence you have because I can't touch the pen to paper and create a masterpiece like it's nothing

And how would an impressionist go about writing without having to describe a scene every other page?

Spell it out in caps cause I can't tell if it's II or LL or IL

Thanks for abandoning my thread, boys.

how much of an autist must you be to give birth to such crap?

You need to open with a killer opening. An opening that raises questions. An opening that gets the readers scratching their heads. And opening that leaves begging for more.

You usually go through about 2-5 drafts before you have a complete book. Start writing

Pancake found her slaving, godmore

Do you guys usually outline your plot before you write, even completing chapters out of order according to the outline, or do you just ramble on like me and then dig through all the shit to pull out the decent ideas?

oh, so you're writing "The Game of Blood and Dust" by Roger Zelazny? neat.

as for the start.. Alfred Bester said you should start a book with a massive explosion, and then ramp the interest up from there.

sonemic will NEVER lunch

I am currently writing this. Fuck off.

No. It is a path you must walk alone.

Sonemic will NEVER lunch