Is music a superior art form than literature? Discuss

Is music a superior art form than literature? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw
youtube.com/watch?v=37JV7Pdj-ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you learn proper grammar before you ask stupid questions?

>tfw no bourgeois literary NYC jewish gf

Yes, but not the music you're thinking abput, you /mu/tard.
Start listening to Beethoven

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw

You should like the last movement (32.30)

Annie Clarke is how I imagined Fran Leibowitz to look while reading her shit. Turns out she looks like Bogdanoff in drag.

>have a bourgeois literary NYC jewish gf
>tfw she's a hack and you have to pretend that her music will be relevant in 10 years from now

That seems painful. It would be like having a gf who is really good at writing cheap YA airport paperbacks. With what courage could you encourage her to keep writing when it's just you and her?

I already do faggoy, my taste is probably better than yours :3

I unironically cannot take 20-somethings who listen to Beethoven seriously. Same with 20-somethings who drink whisky. I realize in some abstract sense that it can be in earnest, but it just screams try-hard with such force and intensity that I cannot ignore it.

Yes user, but the bourgeois intelligence and love of the avant-garde that only Jews have. Oh how I would love to taste it.

You've posted St. Vincent, so chances are that they're not.

>I realize in some abstract sense that it can be in earnest, but it just screams try-hard with such force and intensity that I cannot ignore it.

This happens because either you don't get it or because you only know terrible, low-life hacks.
You don't need to try hard to get what I've posted, you just need to listen to it.

>Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, the list goes on...

hahahahahahahahahaha
heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
This is one of the finest posts I've seen on Veeky Forums. Well done my boy

This

Fucking this

>you should introduce people to classical music with the most obscure musique concréte composer you can find instead of linking accessible tonal pieces which are universally regarded as masterpieces

I'm just trying to make a point about that user acting like he's superior for listening to fucking Beethoven, who granted while being amazing is among the most entry-level composers of all time so listening to him isn't really an accomplishment, it doesn't mean you have unique taste, it means you googled "best classical music"

I can tell you're a violinist

>stop liking what I don't like

WHoa is like the sound of math dude fuckin buzzed my butthole

In the sense that babies can appreciate it, yes

>I'm just trying to make a point about that user acting like he's superior for listening to fucking Beethoven

Listening to Beethoven > listening to St. Vincent

>who granted while being amazing is among the most entry-level composers of all time
Comfirmed for never having studied Beethoven's scores. Don't treat him as a rock artist, to study his repertoire takes decades. If you're in your 20s you have no reason for not listening to Beethoven, Bach and Mozart incessantly.

>it doesn't mean you have unique taste, it means you googled "best classical music"
This /mu/ rethoric bears no significance in classical music. Find a counterpoint teacher in your local conservatory and chances are that he's still listening and playing Bach on a daily basis.

I'm a pianist.

>To study him takes decades, but I have come to appreciate his genius in my 20s!

I can't dance to this shit.

Bad music isn't, no.
Whiskey is sweet, if anything vodka should be more pretentious because it is largely flat.

>you can't appreciate Dante, Michelangelo and Rembrandt until you've experienced and studied accademically everything they had to offer
>to say that you like Shakespeare you first have to do metric and structural analysis of everything he has written

The greatness of Beethoven is available to even the most uneducated listener, but the experience doesn't end there. There is no reason to say that a 20 years old can't appreciate Beetjoven, and there are even less reasons to say "damn you're 20, stop listening to him". This music can accompany you for a lifetime.

Old Annie a best

Meh

>using terms like "entry-level" for classical music
stop applying /mu/'s popular music idiocy to a tradition that is quite a lot more complex due to the fact it has existed for ~a millenium

post modern chaos

youtube.com/watch?v=37JV7Pdj-ic

>chaos
Schoenberg's music is certainly not chaotic