Is this the biggest waste of money in science history?

This thing has been around since i have been in middle school and its still garbage.

>This thing has been around since i have been in middle school and its still garbage.
#Things my parents say

i remember seeing it in science textbooks when i was like 11.

wikipedia said its first model was unvieled in 2000

>automatically assuming that something is worthless just because he doesn't understand the corporate motivation behind the project
As expected of a brainlet

Everything that has ever been done has had some utility to somebody.

Asimo was only meant to be a technology demonstrator and a testbed. It fulfilled its use and is retired to museums.

>2000

So, it is as old as my email account.

soon

You could cut a whole in it and fug it maybe

As yes, I forgot we're immediately able to perfect technology without prototypes.
Oh no, wait!
That's utter shit!
We do need prototypes?!

This is true. This is absolutely true.
It's a fucking dead end that has contributed fucking nothing to advance the field.

I imagine a lot of money went into putting together the library of Alexandria. And we all know how that turned out.

>It's a fucking dead end that has contributed fucking nothing to advance the field.
See: It was still a stepping stone.

Imagine having been the head curator, just how pissed you'd be.

It did nothing to advance our understanding of locomotion and the technology it demonstrated is now obsolete. Pic related, it made ASS-imo obsolete and is one of the most efficient walking robots out there.

Obsolete now, yes. Not when it was built.
You really don't understand the concept of a stepping stone (PAST-TENSE) do you?

>Everything that has ever been done has had some utility to somebody.
lol, no.
Some inventions are completely useless, like you :^)

Is that Cinnamon the Fish-thingy?

why the digit-grade legs instead of normal human legs?
Is it for mechatronic ease of motion/control?

It's just a random toy you retard. Specific building projects, especially non-practical, non-industrial. Are irrelevant to actual development of anything.

Things scientists do NOT make:
>spacecraft
>computers
>robots
Thank you for your time.

It was not a stepping stone, it was a dead end.