I went to an Asian market yesterday and bought Fish Sauce and Oyster Sauce

I went to an Asian market yesterday and bought Fish Sauce and Oyster Sauce.

In what dishes can I use them? Never used them before.

Other urls found in this thread:

thaitable.com/
budgetbytes.com/2009/12/garlic-noodles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fish sauce in Pad thai
Most thai dishes honestly.
I think my grandmother uses oyster sauce in stir fries.

oyster sauce on veges
Fish sauce & lime is a good combo (& tamarind)

Beef and brocolli

do you have any good source of Thai recipes?

how the fuck did you end up on Veeky Forums your first time on the internet???

thaitable.com/
Is pretty good. I find there's a lot of room for experimentation with thai food.

they're good with sirfry but you can easily go overboard if you're not careful

mostly salty as fuck

I use fish sauce when marinating pretty much any type of meat. Gives it an umami kick.

few dashes of fish sauce are the secret to good fried rice

I always put a few drops in fried rice but can never taste a difference.

i've been using thai food by david thompson.
Granted if you're new to cooking or live outside of large cities you probably won't be able to get the ingredients for most of the recipes.

You can make some stir fry noodles, it's even better with sesame oil and a little sugar at the end and of course sounds sauce
Next time you are there look for some udon noodlest oo

I is black vinegar for beef marinades
It's so fucking good I can't believe I ever ate any meat without it, it's like discovering tomato at 25 and wondering what the fuck have you been putting on pasta

what are the benefits of sesame oil compared to olive or sunflower oil?

It's for flavour, not for frying.

depending on the dish, i usually mix a bit of it into olive oil when searing tuna, or salmon

It's a very strong very flavorful oil and you add a couple drops to your meal or whatever the recepi states

add it to thai curry, soups and dressings

it says so on the bottle

Fish sauce + squeezed lime juice with chopped chili and onions is a thai condiment staple and goes pretty well with many things

Onions, fuck, garlic I mean

I like steaming up some bok choy leaves and topping them with sauteed shallots and garlic and then putting a bit of oyster sauce over them.

Fish sauce is good at improving basically anything you'd have crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, ground meat, beef stock, or Worcestershire in. This week I've dropped a dash in French onion soup, marinara, over steamed veggies, and in a steak marinade - it's essentially Worcestershire without the sweet-smoky.

Fish sauce is called for in many asian dishes, but I suggest just adding a couple drops. Otherwise it's like drinking from a sardines tin.

Fish sauce is a replacement for Worcestershire/anchovies in a dish.

The fish sauce can be added to pretty much any protein to supplement some of the salt you would normally use to season. Just a couple of drops goes a long ways, and while you'll know it's there, it won't add any noticeable fish taste or smell unless you use too much.

Try using it in standard western dishes, like chili, or spaghetti sauces, and the people that eat it won't ever know it's there unless they're familiar with it already.

Asians love this shit and probably use it for lube. Splash it in anything Asian you cook so it can taste slightly shittier

Fried rice, yaki soba

Any tips for shopping at an Asian market? I stopped going to them because all those Asian women kept eyefucking me and my big white cock.

>use recipe that calls for half cup of fish sauce
>house reeks like guppy anus for hours

>Im autistic and get really uncomfortable when I'm a racial minority any where, even a grocery store.

>projecting

Yea...quit being a pussy.

You can make a dipping sauce with the fish sauce with lime, thai chilis, garlic and some sugar. A shitload of dishes use it (spring rolls, papaya salad, lemongrass pork chops, etc.)

Oyster sauce can be used mainly for stir fry with some soy sauce. I like using it for cooking collard greens with leftover roast pork

budgetbytes.com/2009/12/garlic-noodles/

You went to an Asian market and bought something you can buy at any normal grocery store?

marinate chicken in oyster sauce
and grill them

>Theres a comparison between ingredients and price

I can get a 1.5 liter bottle of soy sauce for less than the cost of a regular bottle of soy sauce at the white grocery store. If I need basil I can pay 4 dollars for a tiny little plastic box or I can go to the Asian supermarket and get an entire bag of it for 4 dollars. The ingredients aren't seen as exotic and are staples for cooking and the prices there reflect that. If you're cooking anything Asian more than once a week you're blowing massive amounts of money by not going to the Asian supermarket.

Even brand names like the Kikkoman you can find at the white grocery stores taste different from the Asian grocery store. Theres way more imported stuff instead of selling the stuff that is made in the US for US taste. Its disappointing that the one by me has been selling more and more mirin with HFCS instead of the mirin totally in Japanese with a white nutrition label stuck on.

take a shot of fish sauce and have some of the raunchiest farts ever. totally worth it.

gook here

try adding some fish sauce to your spaghetti sauce.

you can dilute the FS with some water. add some sugar and grated ginger, then use it as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken.

oyster sauce oh hell yeah!

Just make a normal stirfry with oyster sauce towards the end, it doesn't take long to cook. It's so fucking good its like cheating.

We just add fish sauce in pretty much anything sauteed or stir fried, especially vegetables/noodles.