I looked around at my classmates yesterday. Two were male, twelve were female

I looked around at my classmates yesterday. Two were male, twelve were female.

Today I read that 80% of book purchases are by women, and 88% of avid readers are women.

Gender is a social construct.

Assume a feminine nom de plume, and profit

This explain alot(degrading quality of modern literature for example)

nuff said

Too bad women read shitty books.

Yeah man, we all know females are less likely to have exceptional iq

not only do you use a pseudo-science concept, you don't even put a source on it

neck yourself

>IQ
>pseudo-science

IQ is very pseudo-scientific yeah. If you think we understand intelligence enough to be able to measure it effectively with a test designed several decades ago you must be a 80IQ brainlet

>IQ is very pseudo-scientific yeah.

IQ directly correlates with success and ability.

uh oh someone doesn't know how graphs work.

Women don't understand what they read (unless it's some YA garbage). I spend most of my time at the university library and it's packed with the kind of women who read. They wear glasses with thick black frames, dressed as if they held a serious office job, always with a papercup of overpriced coffee, underlining some uni texts like drones and responding to text messages every 5 minutes.

>directly
>success
>ability

If you're going to pretend to know anything about neurometrics speak you're not a dunce

Whats your IQ bud?
I can assuredly say mine is higher than yours based on the threshold I was placed in so you should know your place when I say they're horseshit

>Whats your IQ bud?
I have no idea.

I can take a guess from your posts its about 105 at best

Maybe why do you care about random people IQ

I don't understand the purpose of this post, but just to make things clear: according to this graph, most females have average IQ scores, whereas males surpass females in both the lower and higher spectrums.

Nice argument, really convinced me with those hot opinions faggot.

I've no argument to make, you're speaking in nebulous common terms that have no proper meaning in any scientific context. Nor do you have any idea what direct correlation implies which shows little grasp of understanding statistics in general.

Men read literature, women study it for validation

Men read the great works of western canon available in public domain, scientific and philosophical papers, women buy shiny cover novels by John Green and 50 Shades of Gray

>There is no SFFG thread!

>doesn't even understand how to use a capital letter
>intends to read Proust
uninteresting posturing is uninteresting

There's literally nothing wrong with reading John Green

TWENTY

FIFTEEN

>Men read literature, women study it for validation
Bullshit. Men and women read books for fun.

>reading for fun

Look at this pleb

Excuse me sir, I believe you dropped this.

PLUS 2

Women "avidly read" escapist womyn's books by other womyn and lechers capitalizing on the disgustingly large market. Your average 16 year old Veeky Forumsizen is more well read and capable of understanding literature then some broad who has read over a hundred women's novels

>Gender is a social construct.
And?
Mathematics are also a social construct. Language is a social construct.

>correlating results=science

psychometrics is a pseudo science

>me studying literature with this female friend
>"you always seem so bored user, why don't you like Camus? He's the best"
>"don't you want to be an expert in your field?"
>"I can read 150 pages a day, what about you?"
>"a good student is one who knows every first sentence of every classics"
>"read this book, Zola is the best"
>"you're always reading this obscure books of philosophy, that's boring"
>tfw she looks with her qt 3.14 eyes into mine and asks what my favourite book
>"b-but user don't you like fiction?"
>her face when my favourite is first letter

>doesn't believe in platonic forms

Garbage reddit bait

Lot of words to say 'I can't disprove you'

Omg ur rght, feels > reals

Ty desu

>he thinks social sciences are reals
o am i laffin

All of the activities women do are affectations.

All of the activities men do are done for their own sake.

This is the key difference.

Not an argument, just admit you are retarded and let the big boys talk.

>not an argument

>Lot of words to say 'I can't disprove you'

Your stupid proposition was non-falsifiable, that is correct

Yeah and if you're a prescriptivist you lack all chromosomes.

So you admit it then; your assertion is incompatible with reality?

I am a bit older and most women I know "read" "books", but it is 99% trash and maybe some self help or non-fiction or something like Beloved thrown in.

I do not know anyone who seeks out and actively reads literary fiction except college students.

>being this salty

>being this SILLY

>being this salty

>being this repetitive
Back to /v/ with you.

>being this salty

Fuck off.

>being this salty
not that user btw

>Fuck off.
Fuck off.

Both of you shove it

>being this butthurt

>being

Piss off cunt.

>posting on a Viennese spinning-wheel symposium

Correlation is not causation. Spend less time on Veeky Forums and more time critically analyzing you4 beliefs.

>What is normal distribution
>What is a Bell Curve

is this ironic autism

Only 1, 6 and 9 are worthwhile. And two of them (1 and 6) are teenager reading.

>female handwriting
*screams*

lol you guys have never met women from developing countries. As an example every Iranian female college student I've met is hyper-literate, even those in STEM or medicine. From what they tell me it is normal for women to read a lot in those countries.

I think this explains pretty well why men are at the top of every field.

you faggots are the 'born in le wrong generation' of books

fuck off

yes, but the correlation is negative if I remember correctly, i.e., those with a higher IQ were *less* likely to succeed according to societal norms.

If you think artistic achievement is spread evenly across all of time, you are probably retarded.

How many units of success and ability = one unit of IQ?

You remember incorrectly. Also, regardless of how much the po-mo "math is a lie" assholes and STEMfags bitter about how useful of a measure the abstract, unscientic IQ is shit up this thread, it's still the best predictor of performance in school and future income we have.

they're all schlicking

Because most real men don't have time for reading. Most are out working to provide for their families which you will never have.

And why the criminal and impoverished classes are overwhelmingly male.

IIRC it's only up to a point. Example: from 75 to 125 it is correlated, but after that the curve flattens, then goes the other way.

Men shouldn't read modern literature. It's just fan fiction written by feminist girls and beta males.

Men should read these books and only these books. The rest is fan fiction:

1. The Holy Bible.
2. The Iliad and Odyssey.
3. The Complete Works of Shakespeare.
4. Dante's Divine Comedy
5. Plato Complete Works.

Success yes, ability no.
speaking purely anecdotally here, but every business owner I've met and worked for has a certain intellectual dullness to them. they have drive, determination, and confidence, they have enough intelligence to run a business(which frankly, isn't much) and, invariably, they are happy to some degree.

at a certain point intelligence gets in the way of business matters, social interactions, and confidence in one's endeavors.
More often than not, people of average intelligence take advantage of people with higher intelligence. Average minds run the businesses that great minds work for

Girls read dumb book; boys....read smart books

This has been my experience for the most part.

Libraries have keepers every now and then though.

Trips of truth

I have only read one of those and it was the Goldfinch.

Is a book smart because men read it, or do men read a book because it is smart?

You've proved what a lot of people know. Women are shockingly average and men are either really smart or really dumb. Congrats, you've explained the gender wage gap myth as well.

IQ is a real metric you dolt. It holds constant across cultures. The "IQ tests are culturally biased" meme is disproved by pattern based IQ tests. The highest IQ countries are the most successful and the lowest are third world shit holes.

best emma bread

This depresses me

Nobody ever said that was the issue with it

in terms of highly intellectually-stimulating activities, especially ones done for enlightenment, reading is the "girl activity" and video games are the "men's activity."
while men read less on average, they read solely for enlightenment and so about 99.99% of books read by females aren't read by men. because they read for enlightenment, men are all analytical readers whereas girls tend to read at elementary or inspectional levels.

this

But... dude, really, the smartest countries are the better off economically! It makes sense!

In my country is the other way around.

t. achmed

"not an argument" might be one of the must infuriating things I've heard in recent times.

I've yet to meet anyone who says this who isn't a massive narcissist who is so sure of himself as superior to the rest of the world he cant help but feel all conversations he has are debates which he must win.

Everything is a battle of "wits" where he must prove himself superior, using and sometimes abusing logic to "beat" his opponents.

In reality though, all of these people I've met have been just very insecure people trying to find a reason why they are better than everyone else, a definitive reason they can convince themselves they aren't as worthless as they know they are.

Seriously. Next time you yell "NOT AN ARGUMENT" at someone, try to consider if the last thing the person said was a genuine attempt to discuss something with you or if they were just laughing at you. It will save everyone some time.

Do you guys actually think that she read all the books in that list? Quite patrician if she did desu.

Also, why is she posting it on twitter? Is it attempt to encourage other girls to take up reading serious literature instead of instagram-whoring or reading ya? Or is it another case of this bitch pretending to look smart to attract more orbiters?

If she is reading, and comprehending rosseau, camus, keats, and fucking proust, she at least has an undergraduate in literature or philosophy.

Who is this girl, and where can i meet more like her?

I assume she is a woman because of the hand-writing, and men do not make lists to post on the internet.

I highly doubt she read the entire In Search of Lost Time volume

The Divine Comedy is literally fan fiction

Veeky Forums won't admit that this post is the shit

agreed, one could even say it to be a shitpost

I know plenty of men that are constantly trying to impress others. Men in high places too.

>blah blah something about liberals and Jews and SJWs