Cut out sugar for a month

>cut out sugar for a month
>bitter foods become sweeter, fruit tastes like heaven and all flavors taste richer and more exciting
>start sleeping better, less mood swings throughout the day and I can think more clearly

Why are you still a slave to food-crack anons?

I haven't eaten sugar in years, other than what you would typically find in natural foods.

Just doesn't appeal to me as I get older.

Are you drinking alcohol regularly

>fruit
is mostly sugar.
Here's an idea. cut out sugar, including fruit, and use aspartame instead.

Nah, when I say sugar I mean excessive/added sugar. So not eating sugar laden desserts or snacks and not eating food that has sugar added to it artificially. Fruit is full of sugar but your body still needs it to function and fruit gives you a lot of other good stuff on top of the slowly absorbed sugar hit so it's fine.

lol why u lying nigga

Try it for yourself. Sugar is the white jew.

>anecdotes and confirmation bias

>fat and addicted

It's okay to admit something you like is bad for you

>fruit is mostly sugar
Counter acted by the fiber, which slows the absorption of sugar into your blood stream

>use aspartame
Kill yourself.

>Counter acted by the fiber
thats not how it works

>Counter acted by the fiber
So eating a blueberry muffin is like eating nothing, since the sugar and fiber cancels out

I don't eat sugar because it rots teeth. I don't care about the other stuff.

You know this is just a meme perpetuated by Big Dentistry right?

Good job cutting out sugar, I need to do that too.

I recommend binging on nothing but sugary foods for a day so you're sick of it enough by the next day to go cold turkey.

what if I binge on sugary foods every day?

so eating normally basically?
is that a fuckin revelation for you?

because I have no willpower

I can't stop drinking soda no mater how many times I try

ive done this as well it's incredible

Most people have unhealthy diets and lack the willpower/knowledge to correct it user. Is that a fucking revelation for you?

It's exactly how it works. Refined, added sugars enter your bloodstream much quicker than sugar contained within fruit, as the fiber in the fruit slows the process, thus you get a lower insulin spike and your body is not rushing to store everything you eat as fat. I'm not suggesting the calories ingested from the sugar become inert.

>so eating a muffin made of refined carbs filled with a ton of added sugar and a few blueberries is like eating nothing

This is how retarded you sound

Don't eat anything of nutritional value then. Just eat candy. You'll know when your body starts to crave something other than sugar.

Well I can eat all the sugar in the world and feel the same as if I ate only organic nourishing cultured activated food.
I can eat nothing for two days and feel as normal as possible.
I can drink zero cups of coffee or 10 cups of moka press and feel the same.

Is this because I'm young? Are you people all 40+ and already suffering from old age?

Also first thing I'm doing if I get diagnosed with cancer one day is buying a truck of sugar, a truck of flour then baking and eating cake until I die. Sugar after mixed with flour and is simply delicious.

Depends on how much you're eating/drinking. 40 grams is the upper limit for men, and that's how much is in one soda. A lot of people don't realize how much sugar they're actually consuming. But if you have it in smaller amounts it's fine, people have been eating honey and making fruit syrups and things like that for a long time but now it's so cheap that a lot of people eat way too much of it.

tried that with booze, doesn't work

How do you fully cut it?

I though MSG was food-crack?

I'm one month away from soda and the cravings for soda are intense.

>eating normally basically
America is ~98% eating like absolutely horrible. USA cuisine is in a true dark age.

What if sugar isn't the problem ? What if sugar is actually good for you ? Why are there so many shills trying to push you away from sugar ? What if it's a conspiracy and they're trying to weaken you and make you sick by convincing you to avoid sugar ?

Kempner rice diet, all sugars all good.

2000 cals of White rice, sugar, fruit, fruit juices ...

Guess what happened to most the sick people he forced to eat all this sugar ?

They got healthy, and stayed that way until they died of old age.

Sure seems terrible, all that evil sugar.

Excess glucose in the bloodstream causes mental confusion. It's how I ended up getting diagnosed as diabetic. Went on keto, am much better, and my blood glucose hasn't gone over 140 in weeks.

Why not just switch to diet? Tastes pretty much the same, but without the zerg rush.

>Kempner rice diet
>google it
>first result is for a scam vegan site
>stupid nigger in a labcoat lies out his ass about the alleged benefits of killing yourself with carbs
Sure thing, Schlomo.

>organic nourishing cultured activated food.
You actually believe this marketing bullocks?

It generally takes time for these to affect you, however, everything in your body is connected so improving your diet over a period of time, sometimes even just for a few days or a week or two can make people feel better.

There are a lot of other factors involved too. Its complex.
But at any rate, you shouldn't be eating complete garbage.

Either that or you're not eating as unhealthy as you think.

Also
>I can eat nothing for two days and feel as normal as possible
>as normal as possible
>as possible
Uh... I'm not sure you're completely understanding the concept of healthy eating.
I almost wanna tell you to go over to Veeky Forums and read the sticky in its entirety and a few related pages.

Diet soda is worse for you than regular soda

That is how it works you dummy

Jokes on you.

I have nasal polyps, so I can't taste anything anyway

Its not just "willpower".
Your body gets used to having sugar in it. You'll have to work harder, but don't just give up. Replace a few simple things. Diet is about making sustainable changes to your diet over time.
If you keep focusing on willpower, you won't get any where.
I'd say more, but I'm only like 19% body fat and wasn't that unhealthy to begin with, so I can't really give you advice if you're taking in a great deal of unhealthy calories regularly...
I don't think I can I say I fully know what that's like, but I know at least that willpower with food seems to be more about focus than anything else.
Try not to even look at unhealthy food, but you can still have it like once or twice a week once you get the rest of your caloric intake in order.

By "sick" people you mean overweight people? Being overweight takes a serious toll on your health even if you're only eating healthy foods. Some guy lost weight by mainly eating Twinkies and staying under his calorie limit and his blood work improved.

Also I could at least understand more if they ate brown rice and whole fruit, but white rice and fruit juice won't keep you full and you'll probably lose muscle mass from a diet low in protein.

(also, yes and that is a very good way to think about it, but...)

ITT people that need to read the Veeky Forums sticky fully and carefully.

>> 9295088

Sick as in "on deaths door" kidney disease I believe.

Kempner treated a bunch of people with high blood pressure, kidney disease and maybe heart diseased people as well.

It was a low protein, low salt and low fat protocol that worked remarkably well.

As people got better, meat and veggies were added to the diet, but it stil was based on it being almost entirely sugar.

I think he might have been a nazi, and I think he had to beat some people with a strap to keep them on it, but ithe diet worked.

Google Kempner diet in images...

>Space between >> and 9
Fixed that quote for you

>America is
I'm getting sick of this meme.
Yes, America is very high up in obesity ratings, but the main factor really is just not being a shit-poor country and being able to drive a car.
People get fat because our society requires something different from them, not because they're murrican
Also, the United States is big.

>obesity
that's not the problem

Americas literally eat recycled garbage. Their taste buds are destroyed. They've forgotten how to eat real food. If it's not processed food, with box instructions no more complicated than add water, they don't eat it. Virtually nobody knows how to cook and enjoy vegetables. They get meat, but only because it's so easy to cook, and the majority of the time they eat hamburger or other processed meats blended with grain anyway.

It's all Kraft Mac&cheese, white bread, instant noodles, candy bars, "hamburger helper", pizza rolls, chinese take-out, Oreos, and fried foods. The slow turnover of Restaurant menus just make more of the same, since Americans won't order or like food they're not familiar with, and all they're familiar with is garbage. "What is a brussel sprout? Oh you mean some of the darker leaves in a SALAD?"

To 90% of America, chicken soup is that condensed Campbell's Chicken soup garbage. The Veeky Forums types who enjoy food are a rarity. The average American won't get a whole carrot from a grocery store. To the American, a carrot is a pre-cut "baby" carrot out of a plastic bag and served on a platter next to ranch dip. He sees it about once per year at Thanksgiving. When he tries to eat "healthy", he knows of carrots(and only carrots) and buys carrot strips and eats them directly from the bag while drinking Diet Coke.

The USA is truly in a dark age of eating.

You only prove my point by making all these uncitable assumptions.

Do you live in or have you ever been to the US? The portion sizes in restaurants are gargantuan; processed, pre-packaged food is ubiquitous; and sugar is used to pad out food for little reason other than to add calories (sugar in white bread? wtf?).

America does have an obesity problem, but people like to make it sound like its nearly the whole country when in reality its only 30%. Yes thats a large number when Canada holds at 14.3%, but you still have to consider there's more to it than just this fat America meme.
The majority of Americans are still not obese, so yes, most Americans can cook and its only a 6~7% difference between America and the United Kingdom.

Oh another thing, that shit is based on BMI. So if a person has a lot of muscle, they'll also rank high on BMI so the fuck does any of this mean any way
All it proves is that we have a lot of food readily available so people tend to get bigger, so its thrown off by people who actually have muscle as well as some other factors that could even just have to do with shit like racial composition.

Yes, I live in Oregon.
We don't all eat out.
Just because it looks a certain way doesn't mean it is that way.

You know, come to think of it, I'm kind of curious what the black slave descended population in high obesity countries looks like...

I misspoke; We don't all eat out all the time.

In the USA, Obesity rates are the highest in Black women, then Black men, then White women, then White men, then Latino, then obesity rates dive and Asian Americans fill out last place.

>The USA is truly in a dark age of eating.
>believing stupid shit like this

Go look at our nostalgia threads about 1950s "carrot jello salad" and other atrocities.

Then go to the grocery store and look at all the fruits and vegetables available year-round from places as far away as New Zealand.

>cuts out sugar user claims
>eats sugar in fruit form

As I figured. The next part would be seeing if a history of black slave breeding and a high black population correlates with high obesity.
But... I don't know, that's pretty boring. Maybe I'll check it later if I feel like it.

Oh, also this. The United States has improved a lot in this department. Old people with bad habits can throw it off too.
Seems like there's been a tendency towards healthier food now. I think I'm actually starting to notice this myself.

I'm getting old...

Its like you didn't even read the thread. We've been over this.

Bottom line, processed and/or refined food isn't good for you. Easiest way to eat healthy is to eat shit that you can make yourself by hand.

*and then seeing which countries with which obesity ratings had the most black slaves

Im happy and angry!

The American dark age of cuisine was born out of the atrocities of the 1950s and 60s.

N-no.. Why would you ask that?

>quit the nectar of the gods
jokes on you, I'm addicted to sugar like a heroin addict

brb gonna have a sticky toffee pudding with custard for lunch

>sugar picture from /soc/ sugar daddy threads

honestly triggered

cuck

>I don't eat sugar because it rots teeth.

It's not like an acid - the moment it touches your teeth it'll start dissolving them. It is oral bacteria acting on the sugar which produces the dental plaques etc. Brush your teeth (or mouthwash to swill around your mouth) regularly and you can eat a moderate amount of sugar fine.

>shouldnt be eating garbage
I know and I eat health 99% of the year but during vaccation I just go for one or two feast week.
>not eating as unhealthy
During feast week I literally eat only cake and bread. Seriously, I eat entire cakes in one sit, have 10+ brioches for breakfast or eat an entire can of dulce de leche with bread. My daily caloric intake is easily over 8k kcal in feast week.
>read Veeky Forums sticky
Also I recommend people to read advanced human nutrition because it is very interesting, specially the topic about fiber.

I live with >40 g/day and nothing happens. I drink 5 cups of coffee a day plus 3 of tea and nothing happens.
Shit like this is like nofap superpowers, just psychological. I always disagree with these popular threads about the addicting effects of sugar or coffee. They simply food not drugs.

> big dentistry
That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. I hope you're trolling cuz I can't believe someone could be that dumb.

Wouldn't they benefit from lying about teeth rotting? The whole industry is built upon people having dental problems

...how does slowing the absorption change how much sugar youve had

>caffeine is simply a food, not a drug

user, pls...

How many people do you know that lost everything, home, family, friends and job due to caffeine addiction? Do you know someone who would stab you if you refuse them money for a cup of coffee?

Some americans. Plenty of us cook food and are thin

It sucks

but the last thing they eat too much of is sugar
atleast where I live

Sugar makes you stupid.

What like sodium? Fatty food? M8 I don't think you know how much sugar is in our processed foods, no matter where you're from.

You can do the same with fat. It's incredible how much flavor a tiny bit of cream adds.

not enough to get over 90g a day

>aspirin is not a drug

That's not a requirement to be a drug, retard. I don't know anybody that has lost their home and family to nicotine addiction, but that doesn't make it any less of a drug that your brain craves and can ultimately grow to depend on.

>if a person has a lot of muscle, they'll also rank high on BMI

High muscle mass accounts within the margin of error for true obesity statistics.

You are trying to somehow justify your own horrible lifestyle choices.

I'm on month 2 and the headaches have passed. I've lost 4 pounds. It's agony.

>my own horrible lifestyle choices
Uh, no? I've been constantly losing weight over the past few weeks and wasn't actually that fat to begin with at 20%.

As for the BMI part.... Yeah, I kind of just remembered the BMI was inaccurate, forgot the reason and then shat that out of my keyboard.
I maintain that there are a lot of factors involved in a country's obesity rank.

I just hate when people regard the entire United States as a giant singular burgerland.

>I just hate when people regard the entire United States as a giant singular burgerland.

Your hate does make it untrue.

The US has a serious overeating problem.

How the fuck are you going over 90g a day? Quit eating trashy sugary foods.
Anything at like 20~30g+ is almost always explicitly junk food.
Unless it really is different where you live. Maybe you could post some examples cause that... that just isn't something you would just do where I live and not completely realize what you are doing.

The United States is too large with too many state rights to be as uniform as you believe.

We're not a giant singular uneducated burgerland as some posters seem to be thinking we are.

But whatever. I don't know why I started this any more. I fucked up what I was actually trying to say and there is now no longer any point in continuing this save my pure frustration at not being able to express what I intended to express and instead looking like a fucking tool.
I'm done here.

>too many state rights to be as uniform as you believe.

This is what Americans believe.

are you a hummingbird?

"natural"

And yes, I know that's going to be taken as an excuse.

>> Moka press