Have you ever given a book as a present?

Have you ever given a book as a present?

I gave my gf a 1941 Oxford print of 15 Poets and wrote a love note on the first page.

She loved it and we had passionate sex long into the night.

Yes I gave my little brother The Fall of Reach.

Did he enjoy it user?

>Veeky Forums
>Having sex
>Having sex in exchange for a book
>Having sex in exchange for a book with your girlfriend
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I gave Marcus Aurelius' Meditations to a friend for his 20th birthday.
I also gave it to another friend at one of these weird christmas where everyone puts a gift in a box and people take their gift randomly.

>things that never happened

Did they read it

i'm jelly of op too.

It's such a specific humble brag that I actually bet it did. But naturally being a sperg he felt the need to relay this private moment to strange men on the internet after.

Cheap try OP.

It did happen, not very far-fetched either so I don't know why you're so quick to deny the truth.

I like posting here for reactions like

I once gave a second copy of the Dubliners to a friend of mine, she didn't bang me though

;___;

>I like posting here for reactions like

Don't lie to user. We both know it's a self-esteem thing.

Not intentionally but I've lent a lot of books that I'm never getting back

She didnt read it, and only appreciated that you gave her material goods, and the sex response was biological that was triggered when you provided something for her.

Yeah I suppose so, just enjoy the ego-boost
She recited Eve of St Agnes to me while we were cuddling, we're both literature students so I don't see why she wouldn't read it.

>Yeah I suppose so, just enjoy the ego-boost

Hey if you're self-aware of this then it is what it is I guess.

She memorized the poem to come off good. Literature students are well known to despise being forced to read by way of presents. I have been making gifts of books for years to varied women and they always sit with perfect spines conspicuously for viewing on bookshelves (nice editions). God I hate women.

ITT: things that never happened

>God I hate women

Yeah I can tell mate

The first did.
The other didn't, but I think he will read it this summer.

Reminds me that I'm going to offer a ring to my gf tonight. Am I supposed to wrap it or something? I'm not proposing her or anything, it's just a nice ring that I think she'll like, but I don't know how I should give her. Help a spergbro.

Ring in box, box wrapped

I'd wrap it, or at least display it in any way that doesn't look like you're about to propose. Maybe just take it out of your pocket and give it to her casually.

There's no box, it's a cheap ring I bought on the internet because there was a great discount.

I'll probably do that. Thanks user.

I gave another man's wife the Tao Te Ching because she claimed she was into eastern religion , and it may have upset him.

No problem user, sounds like a nice little gesture.

Last week I gave my gf Stranger in a Strange Land and just yesterday she was telling me how she's loving the book and how she wishes she had more time to read it. It feels really good when someone likes a book I give/recommend them.