go to physics professors office to discuss LCR circuits

> go to physics professors office to discuss LCR circuits
> have to wait outside for 30 minutes while some Stacy from his mechanics class cries about her F in the class

You know he's going to bump her up to D+ too. Why can't professors be more firm with their grading?

>needing help on LCR circuits

Then explain them to me if they are so easy

There's no functional difference between a D+ and the failing letter in any university I've attended. Neither counts towards your degree.

You dense motherfucker. He is going to give her the D.

You remember the damped harmonic oscillator?

Public education is fucking stupid and pointless. It would be more beneficial to just fucking give away good textbooks for free, lesser waste of time, no annoying people and better learning environment. I know you might think it's an offtop but think about this - if you had access to good textbooks that actually properly demonstrate and explain the concept, you wouldn't have to wait till Stacy gives prof blowjob for better grade. Instead you have to pay the fucking stupid institution loads of money for the service you might not even get, shit lectures that have nothing to do with later tests and textbooks that shitty prof wrote and demands you to buy them. Fuck this gay system.

Very convinced Veeky Forums has degenerated over the years, back in the day, labelling people retards would be tolerated, the whole "chad" and "Stacy" thing would not though. I would have never believed this shit would happen.

Chad and Stacy are /r9k/ memes. Now the 2014 /r9k/ is old enough to go college and that is what happening

>t. ex-edgy teen who posted on /r9k/ back in 2014

because if they don't give the girls free grades, they make a rape accusation against them and they get arrested and/or lose any chance of working ever again

So what? We can just use the Kevin Spacey defense and say we are gay.

I don't totally agree with you but it's very clear that colleges have not kept up with modern technology and their methods are dated and inefficient. For example, it would undoubtedly be better to just have filmed classes from the worlds best teacher in a subject rather than live lectures from some random asshole professor at a local school. The random ass professor could still be useful for answering questions but having them do the lectures is pointless. Also still doing tests on paper? really? Just do all tests digitally already. Plus you could randomize the answer location and question order for each test to fuck over the chinese cheaters. Textbooks could also easily be digital and be cheaper

I don't. But I remember the first order band reject active filter. Somehow.

This I literally never go to lectures and just watch Yale lectures online and get As on all my physics tests lmfao

Just do the full derivation of RC, RL, LC, and RLC circuits on your own a few times and you'll be gucc. You DO know how to solve differential equations right?

Study them from a purely mathematical pov. Do you understand what impedance means?
Capacitor is -j/wC, inductor is jwL. Determine the whole impedance of the circuit (add serial impedance, add parallel reciproces of impedance), then plot over frequency, and you'll see resonance when the imaginary parts cancel out and the load becomes pure reactive.

Except the 'random' professor will be setting your exam.

Failing does not get a grade replacement. Getting a D allows for a grade replacement. At least that's how it is where I go

The fact that physics doesn't require Calc 3 or ODE pisses me off

Electromagnetics should not be taught under any circumstances that neglects a study of Maxwell's equations. Physics 2 could easily be delayed until students have calc 3 and an understanding of vector calculus, including an in depth study of the theorems

Basic electromagnetic mechanics can be explained simply enough so that dumb non-EEs can understand why a generator works without spending a month on curls of vector fields and modeling plane waves.

Is it less rigorous? Sure, but some people want to graduate on time and not spend 8 years in college.

But then people might think you like men

damn.

>tfw math professor says if you miss two lectures in a semester he drops you
fucker can't teach worth a shit. its torture

I disagree with making everything digital. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer pencil and paper most of the time.

Study oscillations in Differential Equations. If I'm not mistaken, we just did this chapter and circuits can be represented as second order differential equations (or a system of first order equations). It's pretty easy since they're primarily linear so you can do the homogeneous and particular solutions separately.

I agree. Or at least let us choose if we want to pay for the classes with lecture or just pay for the tests in that class and let us study on our own. I do 300% better that way since I don't fall asleep while learning. Lectures are boring as fuck unless you're Richard Feynman or something.

>Inb4 Credit by Examination
This is typically only for freshman/core classes. I'm talking about any class.