Is stuff like supermegacomics the post-modern equivalent of literature?

Is stuff like supermegacomics the post-modern equivalent of literature?

Supermega was an ironic meme years before ironic memes reached any level of popularity.

It isn't ironic, it's post-ironic.

>the post-modern equivalent of literature

>implying books aren't dead

It goes even further than that. It has such a sincere love in being totally weird, it transcends post-irony.

Post-post-irony. I can see it.

Honestly the comic in the OP is the first non-music media I've cried to in a very long time. It's absolutely brilliant in both idea and execution.

Is this just some anti-bluepill meme

yes

no

No it's absurdist

Absurdism and pomo are deeply linked user

maybe

I have free will but I choose to oscillate

Post more come on

You really ought to go to the creator's page if you like these.

I dont get it

I liked this one

i don't know

what about jerkcity?

It's about the fact that both me and you would consider the q-keyboard and the feels good button useless and redundant, yet they allow the characters to express themselves in authentic and meaningful ways we couldn't even conceive of. We, in a kneejerking fashion, perceive the characters as foolish, and yet they are happy. And here we are, trying to make sense of the disorder around us, foolishly deluding ourselves into thinking that our posts are more meaningful than a series of the letter "q" or the pure, cathartic expression of "feels good"
Get your meta-ironic pseud shit out of here you nigger. Go create your own thread.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

feels good

>mfw i just now learned about him releasing a book and preordering one in the span of ~10 min

HOLY SHIT

What about Mountain Time?

When will Bloom add this to the western canon?

>that subtle commentary on excessive consumerism
>the repeating theme of herd mentality
>the sudden betrayal of a purely alturistic ally, subverting classical christian values

This is what the 21st century literature is all about. Postmodernism has not failed, it has elevated us above the shackles of the sensible.

The aggressors did nothing wrong. This is the purest form of humanity and should be exalted

Can you repeat the question?

Truly - the right to an unified community, even if based on a lie, is fundamental to a functional society. If we marginalize those on the outskirts, we are doomed to end up like them. What an insightful piece of art.

same queer

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

fucking banevadingproxysamefag

i love u guys

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

>tfw to intelligent to understand shitty internet comics

What is the IQ of the guy who draws these? must be above 140 for sure...

Plese continue to frame your ignorance as a strength.

IQ is a meaningless number but he's gotta be pretty smart, yeah.

Damn this sucks compared to whatever OP posted.

Why is that?

I think you might be overthinking it.

Fuck off.

Were you post-ironically overthinking it?

There's no such thing as over-thinking. Take your anti-intellectual sentiments to another board.

>dude nothing is right or wrong lmao
Po mo was a mistake.

This is some Bkub stuff.

How did you get that from my post?

damn these comics are deep as fuck

These comics are legitimately above my intellect

themes which transcend Gnosticism and return to some kind of pure mystery animism

Some of these are actually quite easy to grasp- such profundity in a simple comic.

There is something here

I don't know how he does it

It's frustrating to know I don't have half the spark this guy has

classic

How the fuck can this random dude make such hard hitting statements in a shitty Ms paint comic while philosophers spend years trying to figure this out, it just don't make no sense

This is just samefagging right? These comics are actually just nonsensical and have no deeper meaning at all, right? Or am I just too dumb for these?

I don't get it.

Exactly.

This is my personal favorite

This one is really easy to understand for all you brainlets out there

You're wasting your life.

Fuck I love this one

another classic

I actually get these
>tfw too dumb for the ones that other user was posting

This one is unironically great ironically

Bigger res

>ywn have his genius

wow this actually hits me on a personal level. I need some time alone...

Fuck's sake how many layers does this have?

None.

ITT: over analyzing and acting like these comics drawn by a man for a couple cheap laughs have any hidden meanings in them.

anti-intellectuals

Thanks OP

Found the brainlet, guys. The meaning is literally right there for you, if only you could see it.

I know im probably gettting fucking massively trolled right now but still, tell me the meanings of these and I'll admit defeat, because right know these are just funny.

these are pretty old

Well obviously it's impossible to say for sure because there is a lot of complexity to these works and many different interpretations, as well as the fact you can't always understand authorial intent.

The jellyfish one is pretty straightforward though. It's about how we are blinded by our own biases and viewpoints. Our own jellyfish, so to speak. The man sees everything as a jellyfish because there is a jellyfish in front of him, just as our view of the world is distorted and blinds us to the truth.

Greg is feeling useless in a world that literally has no use for him. He's trying to be clever by pranking Robert with a banana but unknown to him everyone else was pranking Robert with the exact same joke. Robert appreciates the sentiment behind the joke but the damage is done. Greg has been exposed as only one of many in a world with not enough validation to go around.

I think the slide one is a statment about capitalism and it's pervasiveness. We rely on it to satisfy our needs but when it fails our needs go unsatisfied.

Hahahah this one got me good

This one is seriously GOAT.

Not that user, but if it is impossible to overthink anything then all works deserve the same amount of thought then all works are equal.

what did he mean by this?

ITT

this isn't even ironic though. it is unfunny though.

what makes you say it isn't ironic?