Is your mom Veeky Forums?

Is your mom Veeky Forums?

Yeah, she's really good when it comes to meat and potatoes kind of stuff, casseroles, stews, roasts, junk like that.

I learned most everything I know about that kind of cooking from her.

She's absolutely terrified of anything new though. My girlfriend is a cook at an upscale new American joint, and always brings her funky stuff to try out (duck sausage, shishito jelly, etc.), and she gets so flustered and scared of it and won't touch any of it.

she hates cooking because its too much work apparently

yup, she makes alot of weird stuff tho being and immigrant but classically trained

it turns out very well for the most part

>stereotypical italian mother cook
top tier home cook. not limited to italian food either. look forward to visiting her every week for dinner, plus almost a weeks worth of left overs

For a few things, I guess. She really just doesn't get heat control or timing and her knife skills are atrocious

yep. al/ck/ to be precise. she can cook amazing food without measuring anything its all just eyeballing. but she can't do anything else because she can't remember where she is even when her BAC isn't on par with a Russian soldier on shore leave.

You should make her a Veeky Forums account

Mine too

Not really. She was a pretty good cook when I was young but stopped giving a shit after dad died.

Yes, she loves to try new stuff

Inspired me to learn to cook as well. What she showed me is that you can make better tasting food than most reasturants yourself

Love you mom

She has a stable of 10 or so recipes she makes again and again.

After a while, a new recipe will enter and around the same time, an old recipe will stop getting made.

The recipe life cycle goes like this:

1. Mom tries a new recipe, it's pretty good

2. Mom makes it a few more times, it's still pretty good

3. Mom starts improvising a little, it's worse but still edible

4. Mom starts taking more and more shortcuts with this recipe. It becomes inedible.

5. This recipe is slowly forgotten and at some point, Mom will try a new recipe and start from step 1 all over again.

Lmao not even a little bit

she can cook but

>buys tons of shit that we cant eat or isnt properly stored so 10-25% of our groceries go to waste
>will have bags of bread and random shit in the fridge/kitchen table just molding/putrefying/synthesizing/sporing/dying
>cooks to relieve stress, so she makes food at 10pm and it's hard to resist not eating
>cooks huge portions then complains we're wasting food
>doesn't wash the dishes thoroughly

She was a mediocre cook while she was working. Lots of casseroles and southern home-cooking. Big country breakfasts on Sundays with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and stewed apples. She's a better cook now that she's retired and has the time and money to buy good ingredients and try new recipes.

My mom was Veeky Forums af. That's where I learned to cook. Her desserts were off the charts and there were three businesses here that would buy them from her. I wish I could make desserts that way ;-;

Yep, 100%, she bakes all the bread back home even.

She's just jealous that your gf is a better mommy than her.

ya my mom is legit the best. huge garden, makes her own saurkraut and yogurt, free range chickens for eggs, fresh herbs, I could go on and on. I've learned everything from her

She was.

I'm Russian and live in America

One of the benefits is being from east europe is people love to cook

They love it so much they can whip up any kind of meal

Family usually likes to make indian, asian dishes, russian, romanian, bulgarian, polish cuisine.......

Sounds like Veeky Forums to me.

>tfw your mom is an alcoholic cheating bitch and your father divorced her so your dad takes on the role of being the motherly cook and does a pretty okay job

It's usually meat based meals, or sometimes I will cook. It's an interesting change. Went to a buddies place for fishing and his mother insisted I had breakfast with her family. I haven't felt the motherly love in 5 years.

lol, no. She deliberately let me starve for breakfast because she couldn't be assed to cook. I went to school hungry until lunchtime. That's why to this day, I'm still nostalgic for school food.

Still trying to make standing in the poor kids' line for breakfast sound cool, aren't ya?

How is starving cool?

No, she worked a lot and we went out to eat or got take out frequently. She can make decent lasagna or Thanksgiving stuff when she has to. My wife is an excellent cook though.

No my mom is very fat and fits every fat person stereotype including being shit at everything she does.

Her cooking is fucking awful and all she does is copy recipes from pinterest

Relatively.

Her meat is to die for, but she often eats fucking garbage herself while cooking good meals for me. It shows she cares, I guess.

Nope.

She's a bad cook and intimidated by my culinary prowess....but she's too fucking lazy to rectify this by learning how to cook.

Its because of her that I hate women and lust after traps. stupid bitch

Yes, I genuinely feel sorry for people who can't say their mum's home-cook food is their favourite food.

Yeah, I'd say she's generally a good cook. Nowadays, a lot of her bad habits are gone, thankfully.

There were times where she would be prone to burn meats, especially on the grill. She also used to salt stuff way too much. Additionally, she fell for a lot of food trends (margarine is healthy butter is bad, aspartame is better for you than real sugar, fat is the worst thing ever), which was annoying. Now I've come to appreciate what she makes, and she isn't afraid of trying new dishes. Thanks mom.

Without a doubt. Honestly, I can't remember her ever cooking anything bad in all the years I've been alive. She could pull practically anything off.

yeah

she is bad and keeps asking me if i think her cooking is good
i tell her no

we had a store for a very short time where she was gonna sell food. but she is not a good cook so it didnt do too well.