Inuit Diet

How are Eskimos able to achieve a nutritious, balanced diet by eating virtually nothing but meat? You would think they'd be riddled with disease and health problems but for the most part they seem to be healthy and vigorous people.

What's their secret Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_cuisine#Nutrition
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the fat. And it's called ketosis.

The human body is surprisingly adaptable. But, I've read that they'll eat the stomach contents of animals which contains fermented plant matter. They also probably gather any kind of plant foods when they're available.

>However, in multiple studies the traditional Inuit diet has not been shown to be a ketogenic diet.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_cuisine#Nutrition

It's pretty interesting. It says that eating raw meat gives you more carbs.

Genetics.

Also just read this, seems like they aren't as healthy as people think:

>However, actual evidence has shown that Inuit have a similar prevalence of coronary artery disease as non-Inuit populations and they have excessive mortality due to cerebrovascular strokes, with twice the risk to that of the North American population. Indeed, the cardiovascular risk of this diet is so severe that the addition of a more standard American diet has reduced the incidence of mortality in Inuit population.

Also they eat raw adrenal glands to avoid scurvy. Always thought that was neat.

These guys have strokes due to thin blood vessels in the brain from so much fish loaded witb omega3

They live in an extremely cold environment where you can't grow vegetables or grains and they're not Sedentary. People who live in the Alaskan Bush sustain on a similar diet for half the year. That's it that's the secret. When you literally burn all of the calories you ate that die from just walking around trying to find food for the day and then dragging the food back. Then using said food to provide energy to keep warm. You too can go on an all meat diet.

they eat raw meat like all men should, get to steal nutrients and carbs from their prey cuck animals

Probably why their life expectancy is about 50 years old and they toss your ass an an Iceberg and float you into the ocean to get eaten by polar bears once you're too old to contribute.

they die early and their children die easily
those that don't are strong

Fat.

I went up north in Canada and there is this small plan that is vary common. I can't remember the name but it tastes like cucumber

Muscular glycogen

Probably evolution. They were probably riddled with disease earlier in their history and all the weaker ones died, meaning the remaining population were the ones better adapted to eating just raw shamu buttcheek.
Eventually their offspring and their ongoing offspring's offspring could process that shit diet.
You probably can't though.b
But try it anyway, and see how it feels. You know, for science.

reddit fag rears his smarmy head again, just in time

Half Inuit here. The traditional diet isn't so common anymore, but lots of folks, especially older people, still eat many traditional foods as part of their diet. Things like seal, arctic char, caribou and polar bear if available. For plants, most common are lingonberries (we call them redberries or partridge berries) which are eaten a lot. My grandfather, who was a trapper, used to take chunks of raw frozen caribou meat out on the land with him and shave off strips with a knife, kinda like a survival food. Fun story: I know an older guy who's whole family except for him and his brother died from eating polar bear liver, which is extremely toxic.

Wut

Those kids aren't Inuit at all, it's obvious

What's the most nutritious meal imaginable, that contains *every* necessary compounds in the *perfect* proportions that a healthy human body needs? Well, actually a whole healthy human body minced, eaten raw. The next best thing to eat is something that resembles best in its composition to the human body: a fucking animal, not "veggies".
t. MSc. in Food Engineering

What about what the human body expends, theoretically speaking, would something like soylent green require added fibre, water, and maybe some other nutrients?

I forgot: fuck keto and every other weird-ass fucking shit homeopathic faggot diets! My post was in half jest, I actually like cereals and vegetables, they are good for you, you should eat every edible thing you can get. The inuits do the same, btw.

How does raw seal meat taste anyway? Is it disgusting and you just get used to it or does it have some sort of flavour that we're missing out on?

can you imagine being on a inuit diet and lifting at the same time? GAINZ!

Because they eat the entire animal, offal and all.

Go to Netflix and watch like ten episodes of Alaskan State Troopers. They ARE NOT a healthy and vigorous people. They are drunken savages and none of them have teeth. That show should be called Eskimo and Bear wranglers, because that's all that happening when I watch it.

>They ARE NOT a healthy and vigorous people. They are drunken savages and none of them have teeth.

A sudden, dramatic shift from "country food" to imported southern meals wreaked havoc on northern native health overall as their bodies are simply not accustomed to it.
Even something simple as changing from one primary protein source to another introduces all sorts of fun complications like near-sightedness, abnormal tooth development and asthma.

FADS gene. Look it up.

This. There are almost no Inuits living traditionally. The idea that you can compare health effects of a traditional native american diet to post contact is laughable. That's like saying the Sioux were a bunch of drunken layabouts in 1600.

that is pretty fucking nifty

This. The get vitamin content and minerals from eating organ meat and other parts of the animals they consume, like liver, kidneys, fish eyes, moose nose, etc. These days they derive the majority of their caloric intake from R&R Canadian whiskey.

t. Alaskan

Honestly I really don't like seal. Though people do eat it raw, I've mostly seen it cooked. When it's cooking it smells awful. I can't think of anything else to compare it to, so its hard to describe. It doesn't it taste as bad as it smells though.