Tfw you start messing with molecular gastronomy

>tfw you start messing with molecular gastronomy
It's the STEM of cooking. As an individual with a strong love of science it strikes my fancy to a much higher degree than more base forms of cooking.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibmchefwatson.com/tupler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

check out CookingInRussia and his books

I'm a big Heston Blumenthal fan.

If you're not already a cook and you get into molecular gastronomy you're a fucking idiot. It's just cooking using new tools, which cooks have always done. Some of the results can be cool, but it's really just a gimmick, and most people would prefer good food cooked in old fashion pots and pans, because those are cheaper and effective, and molecular gastronomy shit usually isn't good enough to warrant the price of the equipment, ingredients, and cooks who aren't... your average dumbfuck cook (I'm a cook).

Anyway, molecular gastronomy is about using science to make food in new and unique ways, but the biggest representative of MG is sous vide, which doesn't require any more knowledge, and isn't anymore scientific than a gas stove. How is thickening a sauce with a roux or cornstarch slurry not considered MG?

>MOLECULAR PICKLE RICK

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY

PICKLE RICK!!!!

fuck off leddit

I love how a good portion of the show is centered around the idea of individuality and circumventing the restrictions of society and the fanbase is the most braindead in recent history. or is this just some more of the ironic shutposting I hear about?

Anyway, I'll make some high pressure crackers with various frozen foams and upload them tomorrow if anyone gives me a decent response.

Is this similar to a saltine cracker or is it something else entirely?

That's the beauty of the show, the fanbase completely lacks self awareness. The show itself is pretty good, but then when you realize its popularity doesn't come from actual merits but instead it comes from le funny pickle rick memes the irony is oh so sweet.

>molecular gastronomy is about using science to make food in new and unique ways
People make the mistake of relying tools too often and forget how to do things the simple way.

Humans ironically lack the creativity to combine ingredients in strange ways because they get held back by their own common sense.
You can use data science to make unintuitive connections between ingredients and cooking techniques to produce something new.

ibmchefwatson.com/tupler

terrible bait

Shill

The future is now, meatbag. Earth doesn't belong to you anymore.

Query: Why do you call other meatbags "meatbag," meatbag?

P I C K L E

R I C K

>the show is pretty good
hardly. Rick & Morty fanboys think it's the new Futurama but it doesn't hold up. there's no fucking character development. even in just the first few seasons there's already been filler episodes.
compare that against an actually good show like Futurama and you'll see tons of character development and actual fucking humor. the real humor in Rick & Morty is how braindead stupid the fans are. it's an alright show that's trying too hard to be quotable that is ultimately as forgettable as pretty much everything else Dan Harmon has done.

>people like it so it must be shallow garbage!
lol okay /pol/

Yeah it's decent, not amazing. Certain episodes are really good while others fall flat. Basically I enjoyed watching it and don't regret doing so, but I wouldn't watch it again.

BURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURP GOD DOESN'T REAL MORTY

no, lots of people love futurama, and its pretty good. it's just that a shows popularity does not necessarily mean it's an amazing show, just that it appeals to the lowest common denominator.

basically how I feel too. this season has been especially annoying because it's been all about Rick being le greatest evar!!!11 and not facing his problems at all.

to be fair, I think Matt Groening Simpson's credentials meant that Futurama came in with significantly better prep than Brick and Mortar. Matt also had a financially secure setup and he could have pitched just about anything he wanted. Brick and Mortar wasn't so, and season 1 is full of "oh shit we need an episode for this zany idea we came up with that we didn't know would stick".

Brick and Mortar gets better across seasons. It's nowhere near as good as Futurama, and the R&M fanbase is laughable but that doesn't mean Brick and Mortar isn't "good".

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!!!

Shut up meatbag
t. meatbag

Do you have any guides?

PICKLE RICK XD

Yeah, I rewatched Futurama recently and it really doesn't hold up as well as you'd think it would. Honestly it's between standard R&M level and later season simpson's level in humor and drama.

Wow great thread
IM A PICKLE MORTY!!!

LOOK MORTY
*BURRRRRP*
I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE
IM PICKLE RIIIIIIIICK

I hate this fucking forum with a passion

TOPLELS ARE IN THE HOUSE TONIIIIGHT

WUB-A-LUBA-DUB *burrrpp* DUB BITCHES!!!! I'M PICKLE RICK!!!

PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

I think it's ironic. I've had a quick look at leddit, half memeposts were talking about the fact that the meme was being pushed way too much.

*buuurrrrp* I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY *buuurrrrp* I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIICK

>I've had a quick look at leddit
*BURRRPP* FUCK OFF, MORTY, YOU GOD DAMN *BEELLLLCHHHH* NEWFAG!

Reddit Pleberians assemble!

I think molecular gastronomy is pointless. It's conducted by people with only a narrow idea of what they're actually doing, and the final product is presented to and consumed by people that have absolutely no conception of what created the food in front of them. It is a black box to them. They just fork over a load of money to a guy with stupid glasses, an undercut, and sleeve tattoos who knows how to use liquid nitrogen, agar, a freeze dryer, and alginate to do "magic tricks." I don't respect this whole charade or the people that participate in it.

It's like a Tesla. People only buy Teslas because a billionaire knew how to make electric cars seem cool. He made the consumption of that good a status symbol, and boom, every Chad is buying his Chinese trophy wife a Model X. Not because they care about electric cars or the enviornment, but because they have "fuck you" money and an Instagram account to show it off on.

Can you tell I don't like society very much?

t. summer-fags trying too hard to fit in

Were you by any chance in the Ja/ck/ thread on /tv/ the other day?

> the fanbase is the most braindead in recent society

No shit, the normal masses are picking on, doesn't make the show itself different, it was around in 2012 - 13 or something.

P R I I T H T ! ! !
R
I
I
T
H
T
!
!
!

I start most of them desu.

For some reason, this always makes me laugh. Haven't seen it for awhile.

I think all of the strawman/caricature pictures are sides-demolishing.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIICK

>It's the STEM of cooking.
Cooking is the STEM of cooking. Molecular Gastronomy is the liberal arts of cooking. It's for pretentious twats that want you to be impressed by the fact that they made air that smells like meat and foam that tastes like a cocktail.

*BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP* I'M PICKLE RICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!