LGBT/Gay books

Know any actually good LGBT novels?

The only one I know of so far is Maurice by EM Forster.

Please try to avoid suggesting shallow SJW-bait thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

booklist.rassaku.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

booklist.rassaku.net/

price of salt :3

Volume 4 of Proust's ISoLT, Sodom and Gomorrah, deals at length with homosexuality both in men and women. Idk if that counts, but it's probably the best written stuff you'll find (plus Proust was gay).

>Another Country
>Giovanni's Room
James Baldwin

More than just lgbt

LGBT is a good acronym because it's sorted from least degenerate to most degenerate.

>lesbians
>less degenerate than gays
at least gays can be sensible adults

@9296008

*grabs by throat*
Uh, back the fuck off?!

>Read lgbt book with gay protagonist
>he becomes heartbroken, has his whole life ruined and dies in the end

Every time

aah Carol is one of my favourite films of all time. Is the book just as good/similar?

Currently reading Giovanni's Room, it's very good.

>being a faggot pedophile

Burn in hell, you god damn abomination.

The wages of sin ;)

Veeky Forums doesn't seem to be into Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City. I still wonder why. Maybe it's too shiny, happy, soft and comfy. The exact contrary of hack or fraud. Long live Armistead Maupin.

It's a realistic ending. Believe me, I've been through it, except the suicide part.

i still live through it

The Picture of Dorian Gray

haven't seen the film but it's a lesbian story that makes you :3 not :(. highsmith's always great.
well of loneliness made most lesbian novels very :(

Young Törleß

Finished this tonight, it's great. Really genuinely great. Pretty long and dense, but once I got through the first 100 pages you get into the flow of it and it flies by. Read the last 400 or so pages in two days. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Unless you really don't like ulysses. Then you'll probably hate it.

>worshiping a poopchute
>sensible

Worshiping some piss flaps isn't much better.

Focus, please
Good, one of those books I would have cried at if I wasn't against crying
birdsflyfishswimgayshaveshitlives

>implying people can't have perfectly unenjoyable sex in the missionary position strictly for the purpose of procreation

Elsa Morante's Aracoeli

Putting a LGBT label on your book is like slapping a sticker that says Young Adult on it

Your condemning it to the pulp isle

This is true but it seems to imply that it is deserving of something more

any good books about being a tranny? I suppose it could make for good literature as becoming a tranny is among the most JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP things one can do as a human being.

>homo book
Depressing but extremely well written and meaningful literature
>lesbian book
Shallow fairytale happy-happy pulp with no lasting value

Why is this?

Not because of the merits of having two faggots rubbing each other in it. Write a good book first and if the characters happen to be big homos then it will be worth something.

I'd say Picture of Dorian Gray might fit this description but as we all know Oscar Wilde has never written anything of value in his life.

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.

It doesn't have any trannys in it I don't think but it captures the "vainglorious freak with superficial delusions has a mental illness" pretty fucking well.

m8 the descriptions are opposite. your cocklust is just making you unable to read. go suck some.
>as we all know Oscar Wilde has never written anything of value in his life.
please be joking
Myra Breckinridge and Myron. Both by Gore Vidal.

Mishima

Edmund White's Forgetting Elena is pretty decent.

Genet's Our Lady of the Flowers and The Thief's Journal are also good.

call me by your name

Inferno by Dante Aligheri

>tfw when you dated a man who fell in love with a 13 year old once
Thomas Mann is that you?

sup guys
just made this

I'd replace something with A Single Man by Isherwood. HOWL or Plato or Shakes or Whitman. Not exactly "homo lit".

Also you picked a pretty terrible cover for Giovanni's Room.

Other than that it's solid

Espanranza Rising, Sorcerer's Stone

>It doesn't have any trannys in it
I'm confused. What do you think Brandy was?

the 1001 Arabian Nights. DeSade's Justine

>Asking for "LGBT novels"
Kill yourself, pleb.

Thanks, user. I'd kiss u now.

From that chart, I've just read that first one of Mishima and Death in Venice. Two great books!

I'm going to check the remaining books.

>no little life
I didnt even like it, but it is as close to the modern representation of the gay novel possible.

Moby Dick
Huckleberry Finn
The Great Gatsby

Leaves of Grass is a really dumb feature there. A gay dude can write about his friendships with men without it being about homosexuality (even if he had casual sex with the men).

The Well of Loneliness, Beauty and Sadness, Confessions of a Mask and Forbidden Colours.
Maybe also She Came to Stay, if you can count that one.