What's the appeal? I'd rather have chili, or stew

What's the appeal? I'd rather have chili, or stew

>What's the appeal?

some people aren't fat amerilards

It tastes good you fucking retarded dipshit

It tastes good. What is the appeal of anything. I'D RATHER HAVE BURGER THAN BAKED BEANS. Who cares? Why does any food appeal to any one? It tastes good to them. Do you really need a thread on that?

And some people aren't meager

The thing is, stews, chilis, and soups are largely the same....except one is really inferior, especially the form that's similar to the chicken noodle soup

Noodles are shit food for poors, first of all. Second of all, it's mostly salty water. Third of all, stews and chilis are superior and require no more effort than a soup does

Congratulations on your opinion, I'm still going to eat chicken noodle soup.

And you would rather eat it than a well crafted chili or stew? If you say yes, you're being contrarian

Do you even know what a contrarian is? I like steak. I think a good steak is better than chicken noodle soup. By your logic I should eat a fucking steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner because it's "better" than other foods.

A steak is not like a soup, it's not comparable. You could compare a steak to a pork chop or chicken breast, a bare hunk of cooked meat.

What I'm asking is the equivalent of comparing Pokemon to Digimon, you're trying to spin it as if I'm saying compare Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Secret of the Ooze to Goodfellas

And you still don't know what a fucking contrarian is. Alright buddy, your logic is that I should only eat steak for the rest of my dinners and never have a chicken breast or a pork chop ever again because SUPERIOR. Is that better you fucking autist?

Not really, I never argued that a steak was superior, these are your words. You're avoiding my argument by turning it into a completely different debate that I never started.

I'm asking what is the appeal of soup when clearly better alternatives exist, you cannot answer this logically, and so you become defensive like some kind of child.

It's good, specially if you're sick and can't stomach anything else.

I prefer chicken noodle soup over stew and chili. What is your answer to that, OP? In fact, I don't even like chili. I've tried all different types all over my country and I don't like it. I like chicken noodle soup. I think it's called an opinion and having one doesn't make you right or wrong or allowed to say overall 100% one is any better than the other just because you like it more.

not that user but personally I like chicken noodle soup and chili and stew. I eat them on different days depending on what I feel like. how about that?

why are you fucktards arguing about soup anyway? if you like soup, eat soup. if you like stew, eat stew. good lord.

My initial question was, what is the appeal?

I want to know what the appeal of it is from those who would defend it

Nobody has answered me other than and they didn't give much to go on

>I like this one food better than another food so I don't get why people like the other food.

Okay retard

Nothing beats it when I have a bad head cold. Taking a incredibly rare sick day, wrapped in a blanket with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a book is the best shit in the world

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for a chili or stew. Sometimes I go through a spicy faze where I'm eating a lot of thai curries, chilis, etc. and just want to have something a little more bland. I still use garlic, black pepper, thyme, rosemary and parsley as well as a mirepoix and a rich homemade stock so it's not tasteless. I make the noodles fresh so they have a lot of flavor. It makes for a comfortable, filling dinner as a large bowl with a salad, or a small bowl and sandwich for a lunch. As another user said if I have a cold or flu it's a must because it hydrates and helps loosen the mucous in the respiratory tract.

(you)

Soups and stews are not comparable. There's a time and a place for both.

Interesting...thank you for your appropriate response, something most of these other primates ITT are incapable of because they're too busy being emotional over their childhood comfort food

Although I would say, most recipes for this soup I've had are high in sodium, doesn't that seem counter productive to the hydration aspect

>I have a particular preference, therefore nothing else should exist

Weaponized autism.

Fuck off

>more bland
>black pepper

Fucking niggers with their fucking poison heat food.

Beep beep, superior chicken soup coming through

It's comfort food from childhood, just like tomato soup and grilled cheese. Sometimes you want the nostalgia.

lol white bread is too much of a pussy to handle some spice. No wonder his girlfriend likes to fuck beaners on the side.

woah, im fascinated by your thought process. Or, should i say, your lack of thought.

Heating some up on my stove right now.

tastes great and nostalgic

>high in sodium

That may be coming from the recipes using grocery stocks which often have a lot of sodium but I always use homemade stock and we don't add salt to the stock itself. I don't salt it any more than other stews or braises.

I love it in the morning or when I'm sick, but I'd rather have a pot pie any other time.

>why are you fucktards arguing about soup anyway?

- Veeky Forums

add tons of parsley and some lemon juice during cooking. eat with saltine crackers mixed in. fucking keep it 200 nigger.

Lol you're retarded

delicious and savory

I put chicken bullion in most things.

variety is the spice of life my faggot friend. Sure, I like some things more than others but that doesn't mean that I neglect them to eat the same fucking thing every meal.

Enjoy being burnt out on your favorite foods once you hit your late 20's

Have you ever made your own chicken noodle soup from scratch, start to finish?

The amount of food you can make out of the $ is amazing, and it tastes SO good. There's a bit of an art to making good soups when balancing the ingredients, water, and spices too so it's fun.

not to mention that it's easy as fuck and an obvious choice for leftover poultry.

>have produce that is going to go to waste
>have cheap as fuck meat

>combine them for a tasty meal on the cheap

I wonder.

>lemon juice
never done this. how much are we talking about? How does it change the soup? My baseline has always been my own home made chicken stock, fresh noodles, and the mandatory celery-carrots-onion trio.