Hey Veeky Forums can you me what's wrong with me...

Hey Veeky Forums can you me what's wrong with me? I was once a straight A student at the top of my class and always smarter than my peers. Now I'm failing nearly every class and I study harder than ever before. Is it possible for a smart person to become dumb? What's wrong with my brain? I feel foggy all the time and my memory isn't the same as before. I'm a senior in college and aced all my subjects (including calc lll and thermodynamics) with a 4.0 until now.

You hit an IQ wall. Your IQ is high enough for calc 2 and thermodynamics but that's it. You have reached the limit of your IQ. From this point on you will see math from the point of view of an average question, not a genius. Now everytime a professor explains a new concept you will raise your hand and ask "c-could you give an example" while everyone looks at you and internally laughs at the presence of such a retard.

It is not your fault. It is impossible to know what your wall is before you reach it. I suggest just pushing through and then get a masters in finance, CS or applied math. The mark of failure. But at least you will have a roof over your head.

How is a masters in finance, CS, or applied math a mark of failure?

Also, is it possible that I can get better if I keep practicing or give it some time? Or is that the end and I can never get good grades from this point on?

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

I went through a similar thing. didn't understand a fucking thing in class after my second year at uni. almost failed, thought I was toast. then I realised that if I actually studied like 2 hours a day every course was easy as fuck.

The a time comes when simply sitting in class ain't enough. I'm averaging over 90% now in my fourth year (taught masters in mathematics) the topics are objectively harder but they've never felt so easy.

t. brainlet -> brainiac

Thank you for the encouragement. I will admit my study habits have been rather poor recently. Did you study 2 hours for each subject a day? I do about 30 hours a week but over the course of a few days. I've been cramming more than usual.

two hours total, I take four topics per semester. So I spend about 14 hours a week self studying and 16 hours in class. I probably put in a bonus couple of hours on each day of the weekend bringing it to 34hours total. School is a job; moreover it's your job.

>stop masturbating for a few days
>focus and proactivity increased by 3000%

What are you majoring in?

It tells everyone that you wanted to do math but were too dumb so you had to settle. It is like when someone has a fat wife. Everyone knows he settled and is a failure.

can't say much about finance or applied math, but a master's in cs is meme right now.
you rarely ever get funding and the admissions requirements for an ms are so much lower than a phd you can actually even get into stanford's mscs program with absolutely zero research experience if your gpa/gre/industry resume is strong enough

Well, you can get better. No doubt about that. All I said is that from now on you will see math from the perspective of a normal person.

If you were in grad school and had hit your wall there then I would not tell you to change fields, but if your wall is in undergrad then I don't think you could really become a doctor unless you get really lucky and are able to discover something new and interesting without needing advanced tecniques.

I already said. Maths. But specifically I'm doing an even split between pure and applied, so this semester I'm taking geometric group theory, semigroup theory, differential geometry with lie groups and finally a project on quantum information /computation.

Next semester I'm going to take the second part of a GR course (took the first part last year), Harmonic analysis, Modules and Representations and I'll finish up my aforementioned project.

I'm no homotopy type theory, homological algebra god but I like my little bit of semi-brainlet maths just fine.

>applied math
Kek. Why are you giving advice? Do you realize your are exactly the kind of failure OP does not want to become? Jesus Christ. Know your place.

Eh I like being the bridge between autism and reality. Sometimes I like to actually get my dick wet as opposed to theorising about dick moisture potential.

That's good for you but you should understand that you are no better than a brick layer and we all look down at you. I have not seen a single application of math in my life.

kek

>such weak bait.

OP, this faggot is trolling, just so you know.

Total study time /day or w? Be honest

>mfw when some autists unironically believe this

If you’re brain is foggy maybe you have undiagnosed depression op? Talk to a therapist, it’s good for you. It’s also not a failure to take fewer clssses - if you’re near the end it’s not a big deal, but even if not the extra time in school is a fraction compared to the rest of your life.

>getting dick wet
Dream on, incel

regular daily structure/routines and regular everything on this list, don't do them irregularly or messily:
diet
exercise
meditation
sleeping pattern
set study
internet usage- that fucks your attention span, discipline, and scatters your mind

With all of these, even if not perfect but still regular, you should be fine.

2 hours per day of self study. (Britfag so I went to sleep)