What is the most "you have to own this" book? Regardless of how much you liked it or how good it is...

What is the most "you have to own this" book? Regardless of how much you liked it or how good it is, just how essential it is to have.

Ulysses

The bible

the bible

Yeah has to be said.
I was going to say that so I guess I will say the Koran.

MY MOTHER FUCKING DIARY, DESU

Must have Item.
Only one copy in the world.
really makes you ponder the futility of life.

bibble

Such a kinetically pleasant word to say.

Compete works of Shakespeare, can cut out tempest though.

Complete Works of Shakespeare

Should I put down east of eden and read this first?

nah finish what you are on

So I won't be missing much depth on the Cain and Abel story from just 2nd hand.

Just spend a minute or two on wikipedia its a pretty short section of the bible.

Yeah ok to be fair it isn't the worst, would probably put it above two gentlemen, cymbeline and Timon of athens.

How can a book be "essential to own"? Essential to read, maybe, but why would would something be crucial to own, and what's more, regardless if you like it or not?

Way to be pedantic dude, its obvious what he meant.

Maybe he doesn't want to read books, just to have them on his shelf. Maybe he needs books with nice spines.

You don't need to read the Bible, just own it.

The classics.

The Bible, for the sake of your soul.

shut the fuck up

Das capital?

The KJV, the JPS, Frame's Complete Montaigne are the first three that come to mind. But also a koine NT, and single v. Homer in Homeric! Choosing one would pit the first against the last. Still deciding....

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Communist Manifesto

Nibelungenlied

pure history and culture

Among urban kids atm the answer to this is unironically Infinite Jest.

The Bible is by far the most important. The rest of these are up there for a good, well-rounded English-language library:

Iliad/Odyssey
Plato/Aristotle
Sophocles
Aeneid
Divine Comedy
Complete Works of Shakespeare
Ulysses
Moby-Dick

In no particular order.

There it is, every thread, some inane child posts this "my diary desu" meme. I bet you don't even keep one, you pathetic whelp. Do you think you're funny, with your diary memes? All you're doing is wasting everyone's time. Fuck off to /pol/ or /v/, you're not welcome on a serious discussion forum.

Sounds like most of Veeky Forums

Isn't it obvious?

The dictionary!

muh greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks

>impying ancient geek greeks weren't apex humans

>>Complete Works of Shakespeare
>Ulysses
Other than those good list

fuck man

I try to have a one but it's taking too much effort so I just make some analyses on book chapters I've read.

>goodness

"my diary desu" is actually the greatest meme ever created. there's nothing that satisfactory and fair as shitposting and mocking those retards who can only name ad infinitum the same two or three books (being Ulysses, the Bible, Infinite Jest and Gravity's Rainbow among them). I could repeat "my diary desu" a trillion times just to bait them

this

cry harder

cringe

>a serious discussion forum
>anime board
did you think this was a university?