Which was the first ''classic'' you read?

Which was the first ''classic'' you read?

Pic related, got it for my birthday. Didn't much care for it when I first read it but I do now.

I think it was Sartre, the Age or reason

- or maybe Mishima, The Sailor who fell from blablabla. But maybe this one is not as much of a classic, rather some young adult stuff.

my hyperdiary desu

Lolita.

Crime and Punishment at the tender age of 15. I identified a lot with Raskolnikov, what with being a shitty little teenager and all.

Either Johnny Tremaine or Treasure Island. I read them both in 4th grade but I'm not sure which was first. They were okay but I wouldn't want to revisit them. After reading these I read nothing but Dragonlance, Harry Potter, and Redwall books mixed in with various mythology collections.

Read The Catcher in the Rye in high school, about 16 years old. I related to Holden but literally everyone else in my class found him to be an insufferable asshole. Fuckin' phonies.

Either Siddhartha, Catcher in the Rye, or Monte Cristo.

The Hobbit at around 13, then 1984 at 17

Reading the french version right now, having to look up every tenth or so word makes life difficult.

the idiot by dosto

only bought because i liked the title

Robinson Crusoe at 10, LOTR at 11.

I thought LOTR was total shit when I was 11. My mind was addled by Nintendo games and I went in thinking the books would be exactly like the movies.

I still finished all of them. I have never reread them, but I might, one day.

There it is, every thread, some inane child posts this "my diary desu" meme. I bet you don't even keep one, you pathetic whelp. Do you think you're funny, with your diary memes? All you're doing is wasting everyone's time. Fuck off to /pol/ or /v/, you're not welcome on a serious discussion forum.

Harry Potter and the philosophers Stone

OP here. If The Hobbit counts then that would be my first one.

But only if you can appreciate the CHRISTIAN ALLEGORY (which may or may not be there). But even in that regard you should probably still read The Silmarillion

I don't know if Jules Verne can be classified as a classic, but if he can then probably a bunch of his works.
Then LOTR and then meme dystopian classics
That was the totality of classics I read outside school from ages 7 to 15

East of Eden when I was 11.

>tfw when you realize l'etranger isnt the arab, its meursault

This has always been my assumption. Not until now did I ever consider that the title is referring to the arab.

Moby Dick at 24. My high-school was run by Luddites.

You read that on your birth day? Maybe your parents wanted you to kill yourself

It was from my cousin and her husband. I didn't find it that depressing, Mersault is a piece of shit.

Unironicly Ulysses. I went to see if they had portrait of the artist at my library because all my cool cat friends in honors English were reading it, but they didn't have it. I noticed they had Ulysses and that it was by the same author so I got it instead. I had no idea it was considered one of the greatest and most difficult novels ever. My mind was blown.

Probably Lord of the Flies