Besides strawberries and raspberries, what are some fruits that can work well with chocolate? Any context...

Besides strawberries and raspberries, what are some fruits that can work well with chocolate? Any context, any type of chocolate.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/is-a-tomato-a-fruit-or-a-vegetable
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bananas.

A huge number of them. I like chocolate with cherry, orange, raspberry, blackberry, and currants.

I haven't tried it, but I imagine that it would go well with most sweet fruits like guava, papaya, and passionfruit. I'm not so sure about melon.

Durian.

>I'm not so sure about melon.
Melon works with chocolate but you have to be sparing with how much you put on it. A drizzle of chocolate is the most I would do for chocolate melon, straight up dipping basically ruins the melon's flavor while giving the chocolate a super funky texture.

Pineapple works surprisingly well. Actually most acidic fruits do. Mandarin oranges, regular oranges, grapefruit.

Doesn't like every retail place sell those orange flavored chocolate balls every Christmas?

cherries

apricot

watermelon

lime

fig

orange

pear

hnnngh, right in the childhood

We used to always get these for Christmas, back when my grandparents were alive.

grand mariner orange dark chocolate truffles are borderline lewd

caviar

banana

Is apple the only fruit that DOESN'T pair well with chocolate?

Blue berries and chocolate is a no-go for me.

I would think tomato and chocolate also doesn't taste very good.

tomato is vegetable, culinary speaking, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Weird. I have blueberry & cocoa oatmeal porridge most mornings.

grapes

A hint of chocolate flavour in spicy tomato recipes such as chili con carne, caponata, ketchup or meatballs is recommended by the American food historian, Alice Arndt. Mexican cooks think of cocoa/dark chocolate as spices as well as confectionery ingredients; for them, chocolate is a flavouring that, used in moderation, adds richness and depth to savoury dishes and smooths the raw edges of sharp ingredients such as tomato.

who says?

en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/is-a-tomato-a-fruit-or-a-vegetable

You what? It's a fucking fruit by definition because it's full of seeds.

i'm sorry but that is far from an authority.

there's nothing stopping you from using tomato in sweet cooking. what is it then?

>oxford dictionary isn't an authority on the english language

only on Veeky Forums

the oxford dictionary says that it is a vegetable because it is used in savoury applications.

if that is the difference, what happens when you use it in a sweet application?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0

I dunno, ask these old fucks.

There's a distinction between the culinary classification and the botanical classification.

There are many things that we treat culinarily as fruits, vegetables, berries, seeds, nuts, beans, etc. that are not technically classified botanically consistent with the culinary usages. If you prefer, you can think of the culinary classification like the "poor stupid commoner" way of seeing them; you're fine to go about your life with some sort of indignation that everyone around you isn't "technically" correct.

blackberries and dark chocolate
hnnnggg

There's nothing wrong with using it that way, but there's everything wrong with making a smartass correction because it shows you don't understand what a 'fruit' actually is. We use 'vegetables' in desserts (rhubarb) and fruits in savoury dishes (the list is endless - peppers, pumpkin, corn, eggplant, zucchini...) and people choose to come out of the woodwork time and again to make some snarky correction about what definition belongs where. It's stupid.

Responding to a request about fruits that don't pair with chocolate with "tomato" is itself a passive-aggressive statement that screams that you just want to point out that a tomato is technically a fruit. Whoever posted that is the person who caused this shitshow.

Also, the usage of a small bit of chocolate in savory mixtures is dumb, too: Both of the people knew the intent of the question, and chose to respond with something that was not in the spirit of the discussion, which was essentially a pure pairing between chocolate and culinary fruits.

id die too if i had to deal with some brats slamming frozen chocolate on my 75 year old oak table every year

>Both of the people knew the intent of the question, and chose to respond with something that was not in the spirit of the discussion, which was essentially a pure pairing between chocolate and culinary fruits.

see, fuck you you snarky cunt. you don't know what i intended but you're sure as shit trying to tell me. i copied out a section from my copy of the flavour thesaurus because someone brought up chocolate and tomato in order to be informative. there are examples of tomatoes in desserts, if you want to press for them. tomato jam is a common pairing with flan in valencia, for instance. yes it is mildly annoying when people pipe up to point out they know tomatoes are a fruit and break the flow of conversation, but it is a lot more fucking annoying when other people come in and make a 'correction' based on nothing.

and fuck you again, i don't think OP necessarily intended a 'pure pairing between chocolate and culinary fruits'. what, if i'd come in and said rhubarb or ginger you'd have chewed me out as well?

Blueberries. Put me in the r/Veeky Forums screencap please.

Holy fuck this! Had dark chocolate covered pinapple slices and they were godly.

>Responding to a request about fruits that don't pair with chocolate with "tomato" is itself a passive-aggressive statement that screams that you just want to point out that a tomato is technically a fruit.
This.

>fruit
I barely eat them but once I made a blueberry covered pudding and my mom wanted to put chocolate on it but I my instincts were on high alert with a big fat no. She ended up squeezing chocolate syrup all over the tray behind my back as I was putting away the spoons. Needless to say I haven't bought blueberries since then.