What are the symptoms of certain cerebral hemorrhage?

My cousin is freaking out because he's waiting for a place in a specialized clinic where to put his disabled mom to get some medical examinations that she needs.
She has been experiencing loss of consciousness/memory, inability to eat by herself, headache.
She already was unable to walk, had vascular problems and had mental issues for decades.
What are the chances that she may die if she has a cerebral hemorrhage right now?
The place at the clinic will be available next week, while taking her to the ER will probably end up in doctors quickly dismissing her after a rushed visit (already happened before after tacking her to ER for fainting fits).

inb4 thirld world country
inb4 OP can't inb4

Forgot to mention she also had vomiting episodes, google says that headache+vomit are a hemorrhage symptoms.

Don't worry, she'll be dead soon.

wew, considering the general conditions she has been in decades it would be for the better
in your opinion, on a scale from 1 to 10 what's the possibility that she may be dying as we speak?

Loss of consciousness, headache, altered mental status, vomiting are pretty textbook. Fuck the specialized clinic, this is not an outpatient problem, go straight to the ED and even a retarded monkey who knows nothing about medicine will order a CT for potential bleeding. How long has she had this? How intense is the headache? Has she experienced any trauma to the head or a fall in the last week or so? The way you're desciribing it, it sounds like she might have a subacute subdural hematoma since the way you described it made it sound like she had this for a while. She's already old and has mental issues, and even a relatively mild trauma that the patient may not even remember can cause a SDH.

Additionally, fainting fits might be dismissed by the ED if they're a shitty hospital with shitty doctors in a shitty country since they assumed it was vasovagal syncope (You shouldn't do that, but whatever), but even they can't ignore what your cousin described.

>How long has she had this?
Several days, in the beginning the symptoms could be confused with her previous problems.

>How intense is the headache?
Dunno this specific, I didn't ask him

>Has she experienced any trauma to the head
No, she is in a wheelchair and always stays there or in the bed.

Decades of neurologic problems and you think this is acute trauma? Are you fucking kidding me. Try dementia, parkensons, stroke, or aneurysm. His disabled autistic mother whos been immobile for decades doesn't have a hematoma related to trauma.

How about you use your brain and do this. Go to the er and say she fell off her wheelchair and she hit her head losing consciousness. They will do a ct+xray of her head and spine and find the problem instantly. On top of that she'll be admitted and get a psyc + neuro consult which will find she has dementia like 99% of all elderly women

It might be subdural hematoma, but they are often traumatic. Just go to the ED immediately. Might be an atypical presentation and she might be having a hemorrhagic stroke right now or it might be an entirely different problem. Just go to a competent hospital's ED. They will do a neurological evaluation to see if anything is really wrong and most likely a CT.

If I were him I'd wish she just die already, but he is really freaked out while at the same time he trusts the geriatrician that told him to put her in the specialized hospital.
I would wish him for her to die rather than survive this too and be even more invalid than she already is.

Dementia is a significant risk factor for subdural hematoma you retard. Dozens of senile old patients bump their heads lightly on doorways and forget about it, then present to the ED with increased ICP, headache, vomiting, paresthesia, hemiparesis. Hemorrhagic stroke due to SDH broad as daylight. Read again, this is an acute exacerbation. Headache, neurological symptoms, altered mental status, vomiting, what the fuck does that tell you? Increased ICP. What can cause increased ICP? Traumatic brain injury is the number one fucking cause. If it's not traumatic? Fuck if I know, might be an aggressive malignancy, infection. What sort of dementia develops over several days? An aneurysm commonly causes subarachnoid bleeding, which means she would be rolling on the floor from the most intense and painful headache she ever had and would also be dead for a few days now. Finally a hemorrhagic stroke is what I am proposing. Are you a fucking nursing student, a pre med shit or what? Go learn shit before you talk.

I wish you'd die you shit cunt

why?
because I wish that a person's constant pain would end, together with the suffering of the person's family?

I'll put you out of your pain and suffering hows that feel?
next time you have a bad day or bust a leg or something - it's all arbitrary because I think you're suffering
so we've got to kill you off

you're a sick fuck you get it yet?
I'd have no problem killing you though

>you're a sick fuck for wanting someone to die
>I want you to die
a-antifa?

Altered mental status should always be considered a medical emergency. If she was able to eat by herself and is less oriented then normal, she should be seen in an ED. If you have emergency medical services in your country you should use them, like, now.

If OP really wants he can do the LAPSS or the CPSS to look for stroke, although I don't really see the point since the neurological symptoms sound pretty severe.

Especially in patients with a history of vascular problems (atherosclerosis, etc.), brain bleeds due to disease processes aren't unheard of at all. Unwitnessed falls are a thing too if you're somehow obsessed with traumatic etiology.

>Headache, neurological symptoms, altered mental status, vomiting, what the fuck does that tell you? Increased ICP.
Or low blood sugar, diabetic HSS, UTI (especially in old ladies), electrolyte imbalance, or dehydration. People are so fucking dumb on this board. Are you a serial WebMD user with no qualifications?

I'll break your legs fatty how you gunna get to the store to drink more 2 liters and shove ice cream down your disgusting pie hole
You're a /pol/ faggot, a wanna be eugenicist
burn yourself alive like one of those muslim fuckboy videos

OPs mom needs help take her to the ER and go to the doctors fuck

>>>/tumblr/

she's my aunt, not my mom

she doesn't even know where she's at most of the times, she cannot walk, a nurse must go everyday to her house just to take her out of bed and clean her, she wears diapers and she has a catheter inside her for prolonged periods of times because she cannot move her legs to go to the bathroom and take a piss.
this is not "/pol/ eugenics", it's just wanting the neverending suffering to stop and have a merciful death instead of therapeutic obstinacy

Post pic of her urine. For science.

sorry I don't have one

what are the chances instead that she survives but with additional severe disabilities, like completely vegetable-tier condition?

it's more about you wanting to end dealing with it. What if she's actually happy at some point during the day and would still want to hold on if she could communicate that?

It's all just such a bummer for you right to have to deal with?

basically you're a coward and not trustworthy. you can get other people to lie to you about it, but you know it's true.

Meh whatever, it's all easy to say until you get fucked with health problems and hear people say "how could they stand living!" thrown around

>edgy tween

Low, since it's probably an infection.

So this could possibly wait until next week, if a major collapse or worsening of conditions do not happen in the meantime.

Why would you ask? If she's been too ill to live her life properly for so many years why would you like to extend her agony? Are you stupid or what is your issue? Also learn to use google.

Can you take her BGL? Is she a diabetic? Is she overweight? Does she have liver, pancreatic or gall bladder issues?

>So this could possibly wait until next week
No because of the possibility of sepsis and other comorbidities. Also the possibility that she may lose control of her airway when she goes unconscious.

Plus possibility of stroke or hematoma.

No mate I meant the contrary, I would not want the agony for her to be prolonged.
But on the other hand, if she already is in terminal conditions why hurry?

She is overweight.

Ok thank you. Will check later to hear from my uncle how she's doing at the moment.