Kurt Godel

>many consider the greatest logician of the 20th century

>was a theist

can someone explain to me the logic of this? why is he called this when he believed in a magical sky fairy

Tell me how logic can exist without God. Brainlet.

/ourguy/

He was actually a fraud who copied his work from a young Atheist Black woman writing a thesis under his supervision. Shortly before publication he quietly had her lynched.

Slay queen

cool straw man. kys

Maybe he grew up with trauma he couldn't logic his way out of.

>many considered the greatest logician of the 19th century
>was a theist
>can someone explain to me the logic of this? why is he called this when he believed in a magical sky fairy
its almost like, peoples beliefs are formed from reciprocal interaction with the world around them, but thats impossible. surely their culture and social rules had nothing to do with their religious convictions.
Jesus- 1
atheist- eternal damnation

>he doesn't know what a strawman is

>magical sky fairy
I'd be more concerned by the fact he literally starved to death because he thought all of his food was poison.

Because his beliefs have nothing to do with his scientific success

Well, he WAS living in the US at that time

Even if he was right about everyone trying to poison him it probably would've been a better idea for him to find a way to get nutrition from hunting or farming directly himself instead of just giving up on eating altogether and ending up dead at the maximally hungry skelly weight of 65 lb.

It was a joke, implying that the food in the US is bad

>>Later in his life, Gödel suffered periods of mental instability and illness. He had an obsessive fear of being poisoned; he would eat only food that his wife, Adele, prepared for him. Late in 1977, she was hospitalized for six months and could no longer prepare her husband's food. In her absence, he refused to eat, eventually starving to death.

Wow really sounds like a genius

is this true?

You are claiming serious stuff, gimme proof nigga

Why do religion have to be related to science?

"people don't think religion be like it is, but it do"
- Italian religion man

Disclaimer:
The above was only meant as a joke, I have the upmost respect for The Church

utmost ***

>was arguably one of the most intelligent and influential mathematician in history
>believed in a grandpa floating on a cloud

Thats not a straw man you idiot

Genius != wise

U.S. food is actually that bad, I can confirm

True, i think he believed the God religions present had been taken advantage of for the personal gain of the religious institutions. But he knew that the universe needed a start and God is a highly logical explanation.

>tfw the proof will be formalized and made rigorous to the point that it can simply be fed into proof assistants, in various closely-related formats and syntaxes, to perform independent verification

>tfw Coq et al will spit back "Yep, all these cases check out. It's true."

>tfw this will actually be enough to force me to radically alter my world picture

if a computer can tell you god exists why call it god

Observation.

You can claim that god created that shit, but from what we observe there are few signs for and many against.

If there was a god and or gods then they don't follow the most of the common narratives.

>society plays a massive role in determining your beliefs

wew lad, never would have seen that coming