ITT: meme shit you'd find in the kitchen

ITT: meme shit you'd find in the kitchen

sriracha and avocado need not apply

Name me another pan you can throw in the oven.

You can't actually be this retarded.

Love me some cast iron but there are several other pans you can put in the oven.

>tfw you fell for the pink salt slab meme
>tfw you threw a ton of charcoal and mesquite chips on the grill and now you have a SMOKED pink salt slab

It's probably purely a placebo effect, but I like to feel the food tastes better. It's at least stepped up my presentation game for when I have company over.

There is literally nothing wrong with salt slabs.

Is it falling for a meme when you inherit one of those slabs so you paid no money for it?

Did you use it?

Did you notice a difference and felt ysing it contributed positively to the food?

Haven't used it yet, it spent years in a musty humid garage so I think I have to sand it down first.

so what's the point of this? it's supposed to season whatever you're cooking on it? i mean, other than the fact it's a slab that stays hot for hours.

The main point of it is the taste but also texture. It seasons the food but after eating off one i can say it's definitely not the same as simply eating food seasoned with salt. It conducts heat crazy well, the heat distribution on them is basically perfect not cold around the edges no hot spots. Like you said it stays hot for hours so you can sear veggies and thin meats at the table. We all had fajitas and cooked the strip steak at the table with the peppers and onions.

Yeah, pretty much. Cooking seafood on it is good. It's memey shit tho.

sounds cute. do you need some special gear to heat it up? and is it a bitch to clean? especially after sea food. how much of the smells does it retain?

You don't need special gear to heat it up, you basically put it on your grill, like a gridle. Only thing is that you have to prep it first, which can take 30-40 minutes. The slab doesn't handle radical and quick changes in heat, so you have to go in 200F increments every 15 minutes. Which is why I think it's best to keep it out hot on a table for everyone to use after heating it, cooking stuff on and off for an hour or more during a get together.

You clean it like you do a skillet, warm water and steel wool, no soap obviously. Couldn't tell you about smell accumulating.

alright thanks. guess i'll be on the look out for one i can get cheap and on a whim (don't want to order shit online)

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

This stupid thing and any product like it

Good thing you're anonymous because being associated with that post would be terrible.

np m8. btw i had diorama over the weekend and my ass still hurts from having to take 5 shits per day. crazy stuff.

Correct answer

>he doesn't value presentation

ITT: a boiling faggot who thinks in terms of memes.

i don't get it

stainless steel is a meme?

I member

pretty much every cooking implement jack has ever reviewed