Average math ACT for STEM majors?

What did you guys get on the math portion of the ACT? My composite was a 29 but my math was a 23 and my dad still wants me to go into Engineering like he did. But i dont think i would survive. Im taking thw accuplacer to see if i can jump into calc 1.

And why is the answer for C and D what they are? I got a different answer (written next to it)

OP here, i just remebered that you cant have a square root in the denominator lol! So nevermind the last part of my post ahahahah.

Your answers and their answers are equivalent, except that in their answers, they rationalized the denominator.

Ya i just caught that right after i posted lol

I went in EE and it has been fine so far and my lowest ACT was 30 in math. 34 in reading and english sections but those subjects are boring as shit. I think you can succeed if you put in the work, but dont let your dad pick your major. Control your own future

Either i go into what he wants or i pay for it all myself. And isnt STEM where its at for the jobs? Unless im going to be a nurse or something.

I took the ACT two times. My first time taking the ACT I put in about a month of studying (keep in mind that I was self taught past maybe 5th grade math and had never taken a standardized test since being pulled out at the first grade to be homeschooled, which eventually just turned into self-teaching ass already mentioned) and got a 26 with about a 27 or 28 in math. Second time around, I had gotten more comfortable with the format of the ACT and have 3 and a half months to study this time. I ended up getting a 32 on the test (and if I remember correctly) getting 32s on everything except reading, where I got a 31. I stopped taking the test at that point so I could just get into college nearby at a relatively cheap price due to scholarships. I wasn't interested in busting my ass to get a good enough score for an ivy league just to spend an arm and a leg for straight C's, so I just stuck to my state university instead.

Also forgot to add that I was a mathematics major, if that helps. Don't let your dad decide what you should major in, be smart and do research to what you want to do prior to committing to it

I'm a CS major. I didn't take the ACT, but I got a 780 on the math portion of the new SAT.

.daetsni ytisrevinu etats ym ot kcuts tsuj I os ,s'C thgiarts rof gel a dna mra na dneps ot tsuj eugael yvi na rof erocs hguone doog a teg ot ssa ym gnitsub ni detseretni t'nsaw I .spihsralohcs ot eud ecirp paehc ylevitaler a ta ybraen egelloc otni teg tsuj dluoc I os tniop taht ta tset eht gnikat deppots I .13 a tog I erehw ,gnidaer tpecxe gnihtyreve no s23 gnitteg )yltcerroc rebmemer I fi dna( tset eht no 23 a gnitteg pu dedne I .emit siht yduts ot shtnom flah a dna 3 evah dna TCA eht fo tamrof eht htiw elbatrofmoc erom nettog dah I ,dnuora emit dnoceS .htam ni 82 ro 72 a tuoba htiw 62 a tog dna )denoitnem ydaerla ssa gnihcaet-fles otni denrut tsuj yllautneve hcihw ,deloohcsemoh eb ot edarg tsrif eht ta tuo dellup gnieb ecnis tset dezidradnats a nekat reven dah dna htam edarg ht5 ebyam tsap thguat fles saw I taht dnim ni peek( gniyduts fo htnom a tuoba ni tup I TCA eht gnikat emit tsrif yM .semit owt TCA eht koot I

ti ot gnittimmoc ot roirp od ot tnaw uoy tahw ot hcraeser od dna trams eb ,ni rojam dluohs uoy tahw ediced dad ruoy tel t'noD .spleh taht fi ,rojam scitamehtam a saw I taht dda ot togrof oslA

i got a 36

Math graduate here. My GPA was dogshit due to personal stupidity (

.cte ,nac uoy tahw od ,emit no pu wohs ,peels s'thgin doog :CRII syad tset eht no sgniht cisab thgir eht did I .gnihtyna ro tcejorp gnol-shtnom a t'nsaw ti tub meht no sthgin wef a did dna stelkoob yduts emos tog I .ekat-er ot detpo dah I fi drazah on etipsed ta saw I erehw htiw doog saw I esuaceb esac s'TCA eht ni dna ,atad ym gnirewol dedrazah evah dluow I esuaceb esac s'TAS eht ni ,eno rehtie gnikater rehtob t'ndid I os dna )CRII sesac htob ni elitnecrep ht89 eht ni gnieb ylralucitrap( serocs htob htiw deifsitas yllanosrep saw I

.oot rehtorb dik sih ,yug thgirb ,elaY ot no tnew ohw llarevo 53 nettog evah ot desoppus si ohw yug emos rebmemer ot mees I .retfa emoh deklaw neht dna ,eno siht ekat ot loohcs rehto ybraen a ot flesym yb deklaw I .82 gnidaer hparg ecneicS ,23 2 ygniht hsilgnE ,13 1 ygniht hsilgnE ,13 HTAM ekil gnihtemos erew snoitces ruof ehT .63/13 :TCA

.yrassecen saw tahw tuo dnirg-atros dluoc ehs tub htam detah ehs ,)gnihtemos ro 035( ecnamrofrep htam gnilddim htiw ,CRII siht no noitces hsilgnE tcefrep a did ohw dneirf elamef a dah I .derotcorp saw ti elihw tnemesab a ni gnittis rebmemer I ,eno siht ekat ot etats txen eht ot delevarT .taht rebmemer I ,snoitces owt eht no tilps-tcaxE .037 ,cte hsilgnE ,037 :HTAM .0061/0641 :TAS

:siht ekil hcum ytterp tnew nwodkaerB .ecno yltcaxe hcae ,TCA eht dna ,TAS dlo eht koot I ,reilrae sraeY

.eerged eht dloh od I dna hsinif did I tub ) 0.3< ( ytidiputs lanosrep ot eud tihsgod saw APG yM .ereh etaudarg htaM

>tfw my dad is an aerospace engineer. almost dropped out of high school, smoked weed erryday, still got a 790 on the SAT Math
>struggle to break 700 on SAT, get 680
i blame my mom for my brainlet genetics

36 on math, already answered but you just need to remember to rationalize the denominator, as others have stated.

Your dad probably has good intentions and wants you to go into a field that will land you a good job, but if you will hate it then what's the point. If you think you'll like engineering but your doubts are all that's holding your back, give it a shot. Most people I know that dropped out or bailed from engineering did so because they didn't put any effort in, not because they couldn't do the math.

citing that your old pep-pep is a rocket engineer isn't a credit to him, just so you understand that about how you describe your own personal family life going forward.

i dont know alot about engineering, why? is it considered among the less prestigious of the engineering fields?

I crammed the week before the test by reading the ACT black book / taking practice tests and got a 32
26 math
30 eng
34 reading
36 sci
Maybe you need more efficient studying habits?

Graduate or or baccalaureate? If graduate, what fucking program allowed you to graduate with less than 3.0

35 math 34 overall
780 math 2040 overall
so I can't really tell you whether or not you could do it
you're probably fucked if you can't do that algebra quickly BUT if you dropped out of school or something and you're face palming and can see that it's easy now, then that's a different story
try to get your math score up to 30+, even on a practice test. it's just really algebra and geometry if I remember correctly. write down all of the things you get wrong and study those topics until you are a master. I think you can do it.

It's possible that you've misunderstood me. What I mean to say is that I simply completed a Bachelor's degree, a four-year undergraduate degree, with a concentration in math. As a consequence of this achievement, I am now a graduate, although a poor sort.

I don't know exactly what you have in mind with the baccalaureate word. Sounds like a european/American distinction.

>And why is the answer for C and D what they are? I got a different answer (written next to it)

its because you cant have roots in your denominator