How can one compete with this?

She's like the Von Neumann of music.
There are people like this right now composing mathematics in their heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=hvECZ_ZXGqs

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=hvECZ_ZXGqs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Deutscher
youtu.be/NlpxjBgG-7E
youtube.com/watch?v=pQgvesbQwp0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann
youtube.com/watch?v=V9xiMOUj5sM
youtube.com/watch?v=WdYiYOs8H6U
youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusia
youtu.be/YbfWUU1qhwU?t=3m15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country
>Canada
Simply why?

Amazing thread.

hooktube.com/watch?v=hvECZ_ZXGqs

>pure British girl

so sad they will soon be exterminated

>Deutscher was born in Basingstoke in 2005,[5] the daughter of Janie Deutscher née Steen and the Israeli linguist Guy Deutscher.[6]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Deutscher

no she isn't composing anything, she's just making a quick mix of different standards of classical music, it's amazing don't get me wrong, and she's clearly gifted, but that's not composing

>She's like the Von Neumann of music.

Your description of her annoys me. She's clearly not the the kind of person who would be that pretentious.

MFW it was done in the late 1700s, but better. The Virgin Salieri vs the Chad Mozart.

youtu.be/NlpxjBgG-7E

superior jew genes srike again. hitler was just jelly as fuck

underrated post

>she's just making a quick mix of different standards of classical music
Name them.

Until Ashkenlarpers look lile sand niggers all their value is due to their european DNA.

u know what Deutsche means, right?

Child prodigies are only exciting for people that don't understand the concept of diminishing returns.

What a ridiculous comment

Most of what makes a child prodigy interesting is not the idea that a child is as good as an experienced adult. It's the idea that if they are already that good now, how good will they be when they are grown up. This creates impossible expectations. The child scales up to be an average expert in the best case but that's the end of the story.

I don't think any child really harbors the feeling of achieving mastery to begin with.

Child prodigies are set for much better chances of becoming great than the average person. You're also heavily understimating the impact of "this fucking child is as good as a professional"

I am underestimating it because a child has a shitload of life events to go trough before the brain is fully developed. There are like a million things that could lead the child astray of its path. Not to mention the child needs all those different experience to reach mastery.

Someone who found his path in his late teens is more to be trusted with it than someone who started in childhood. Statistically speaking child prodigies are also completely irrelevant since they are rare. No one is safe from stagnation.

Any decent pianist should be able to improvise like that, but unfortunately, only organists are usually trained in improvisation nowadays:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQgvesbQwp0

Impressive for her age, but nothing amazing. The piece doesn't have decent form, isn't demanding, and just seems to be her doodling around a given theme, which can be achieved by anyone if they learn basic theory.

wow look she's a child prodigy, so cool!
she was born with all of her ability and did nothing to get it, wow so impressive!

>child prodigy
>in music
No one gives a single fuck.

>she was born with all of her ability and did nothing to get it, wow so impressive!
I bet you hear to music in your head as well.
That is what makes her special in first place.
Not everyone is able to do that.

>she was born with all of her ability and did nothing to get it, wow so impressive!
And so what? That is the definition of gifted. Why so hurt?

I think you missed the point. She wasn't born with the ability.

>There are no gifted people, we're all born equal.

she worked really fucking hard to get there, you lazy, useless, jealous sack of shit

no she didn't
if you take a random baby and put it through hardcore musical training it will never be nearly as good as she is
it's all genetics, being a prodigy shares a genetical link with autism
read about jacob bernett, his physics understanding was at undergrad level when he was four

>writing original music is not composing

>By the age of 19, von Neumann had published two major mathematical papers, the second of which gave the modern definition of ordinal numbers, which superseded Georg Cantor's definition.[27]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Deutscher
>She began playing piano at the age of two, followed by violin at three. At four she was composing and improvising on the piano, and by five had begun writing down her compositions.
If she was not born with the ability I do wonder then how she was able to put years of hard labour into composition before the age of 5.

Also, isn't musical ability something you are borne with? It runs in my family but I know many who just cannot grasp music or rhythm.

The only person here claiming she's some kind of super genius is the OP, who clearly doens't understand this. She's a smart and talented kid who's put the effort in and gotten good at a skill that most people, including a large number of musicians, don't learn at all. Good for her. But don't try to build her up into something she has no intentions of being known as.

So do you disagree with the Wackypedia article?

>Your description of her annoys me. She's clearly not the the kind of person who would be that pretentious.
>But don't try to build her up into something she has no intentions of being known as.

>Indian girl smarter than Einstein and hawking youtube.com/watch?v=V9xiMOUj5sM
>Man can eat anything youtube.com/watch?v=WdYiYOs8H6U
>Chi energy youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q

My shit is greater than your shit OP.

>Von Neumann of music
What did she steal?

>Chi
I've seen this video before. How did he do it? Where's the trick?

>Also, isn't musical ability something you are borne with?
Yes, it is. And it has made people who are not as musically inclined but studying for (or already in) a career in music incredibly envious of those that have it, hence all the dumping on a literal child itt.

The lack of musical ability is called en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusia

>Bait.
>Not related to cognitive abilities.
>Frauds.

>What did she steal?
>Implying this is what qualified him.
What did Von Neumann steal by the way?

>There are like a million things that could lead the child astray of its path

Not really since she has amazing parents, gas resources, is well off and git discovered early.

One change of interest because she got inspired by something else and she is done for. One bad boyfriend and she is done for. Just surviving puberty and going trough a time with normal children her age and she has a small chance of survival.

There are thousands of factors playing a role.

>How can one compete with this?
Looking at life from this perspective will make your existence miserable. Why do you have to be the best at what you do? Just study and practice as much and as well as you can and take satisfaction from the fact that you're very good at something, which is more than most people can say.

>One change of interest because she got inspired by something else and she is done for
At this point music is well beyond an interest for her. She's been playing since she was two and composing since she was 4. Music is an integral part of her personality and there's no chance for as long as she lives that she'll suddenly get bored of it.
>One bad boyfriend and she is done for
Unless you're talking about a long-term relation with an abusive psychopath I don't see how that would have much effect. Artists have destructive relationships all the time. Creativity often thrives in hardship.

Literally brainlet tier assumptions. It's way more likely that uncertain factors will play a major role than existing factors carrying her till dead.

Statistically child prodigies seldom grow up to be geniuses.

How do I learn classical music Veeky Forums. I know nothing. Is there a meme to help me?

Protip: asking retarded questions and being a little bitch is not the first step

Your assumption that it takes one bad boyfriend to ruin her career doesn't seem very reasonably either though.

It was just one example for the many factors that could happen.

And yes, social relationships lead you easily away from mastery.

considering many other has much much much worse yet still output great work it's not a big issue (lack of music output not the hypothetical abuse).

>harmony
>structure
FUCK YOU!!!

Other people with much worse stats becoming much greater than child prodigies just spells for how many uncertain factors actually exist.

you know what daughter of israeli linguist means?

/mu/fag here, this is really not as impressive as it seems. It's good, but not THAT good. She probably has parents that are fucked in the head and will burn out by the time she's 16, but I hope she doesn't. World can always use more artists.

>I like to listen to music, so I'm basically an expert at anything related to music

>Alma Deutscher
>is British

>/mu/fag here, this is really not as impressive as it seems.

>How can one compete with this?
>find something no one has done before
>if can't find something then make it up
>milk it like a proper motherfucker
>get recognized for establishing the bases of a random crap

youtu.be/YbfWUU1qhwU?t=3m15s

How can goyim even compete?
We are the true master race.

3m15s.

If you're a musician, you can focus on doing something distinctive and interesting rather than trying to just be as technically skilled as possible. I don't think most people really enjoy listening to virtuoso musicians anyway. I mean, Steve Vai is obviously a much better guitarist than most of the guitarists on the planet, but that doesn't mean his songs are all that likable or memorable. And the Beatles certainly weren't virtuoso musicians, but their songs were massively well liked and influential.

>The child scales up to be an average expert in the best case
Are you retarded? How was Mozart for example an "average" expert? Or any other great composer who all btw started as obvious child prodigies. You're talking out of your ass.