How many active users do you think Veeky Forums has?

Active? None.

Probably 75-100 judging from the "there are x number of users in this thread." It's usually a pretty small number.

Veeky Forumslit/ master-race here

but threads max at like 250 posts

Your point being?

More than /an/ fewer than /qst/.

75-100 users posting 250 posts could mean that's the total number of users or it could mean nothing at all and just be the typical number it takes to get to that number of posts. unless im misunderstanding what youre getting at

Yeah. Its at least 75-100 users then. But we need to count that some of these posters are not active. Ill take a guess and say we have probably 200 people posting daily.

Simple: Let's count ourselves.
One.

Two.

Three!!!!

Samefag

four

Five

Also probably like 25% of the board actually reads

If you don't read and ur on this board kys. Same if you go on v and you dont even play video games anymore

kys narcissistic fag

This is your brain on solipsism.

You guys are the reason Carli left. Fuck you. No really, fuck you!!!!

I'd say about 500, probably about 100 very active users who do all of the shit posting.

I'd say this is a secondary board for most people anyway.

>/v/ crossposter
you should also leave

Six

Ok. So, now we now there are about 6 users on /lit

wtf I don't even know how many of (You) are in me anymore

In a day probably like 300.

one

What do you think the average IQ of this board is?

IQ represents only a part of the greater intellectual whole.

I suggest you broaden your horizons, for example "Out of Our Minds" by Robinson.

Only one poster remaines; two if you counted God.

About one hundred.

how are you guys defining active? i'd guess there are a few thousand who come on here at least once/week

This is one of the greatest post I've ever seen

X

Seven

All me 2bh

Only two. See you when you get there.

like 5 or 6 my dude

Sorry for the jokes :^)
It's just me and I don't see a lot of You, so just one.

>Yes you are only feeding the big noodle information

Every community follows a power law, where the distribution of posting is an unequal function. I would say there's a few posters that post quite a lot- you will notice tripfags post in every single thread nearly, and they're on Veeky Forums all the time. Than there are those who browse Veeky Forums frequently but only post a little, those who browse Veeky Forums infrequently and post very rarely, and lurkers who browse Veeky Forums every once and a while and don't post at all. You have to consider the amount of time that each person comes to Veeky Forums as well.
I've been here a month or two, with steady browsing and shitposting. I've gotten to the point where I have exhausted Veeky Forums of all it has to offer. Once you are on here long enough you realize that most everyone here is just regurgitating memes and shitposting. There's very little conversation to be had, especially because the people who don't know what they are talking about are the ones who talk loudest.
If you get down to the core of Veeky Forums, I think you will find something like this: a group of dedicated posters try to control the conversation with memes and certain ideas and act derisively towards anyone who disagrees. Then new posters pick up on these ideas from the fringes, and take over the responsibility of posting and controlling the conversation when the old posters get bored and leave. Start with the Greeks, "spook" posting, and the classics of Veeky Forums: infinite jest, Ulysses, gravitys rainbow, etc.
It's sort of like the monkey in the cage experiment. I'd estimate that only 10% I of Veeky Forums has actually read infinite jest or any of the other memes. It's a self perpetuating cultural structure that relies on memes and an in-group mentality to perpetuate itself. I really do think we need some sociologists to study Veeky Forums, they could probably learn a lot about human behavior from visiting here.

eight :-)

So far 31!

About 7

7 Rollin for 7

Good post and good dubs, I used to post much more and try to steer discussion when I was a neet, but now I'm continuously finding better things to do than sit on my ass at home and Veeky Forums is pretty much the only board I visit, and even then only a couple of threads per day.

Four: me, the guy who agrees with me, the guy who disagrees with me (pretty sure he's from reddit), and the guy who's just here to shitpost.

I'll just add to the count real quick.

Just one, I created and replied on this thread without even knowing.

Hi I'm here every day :(

checked

/v/m/a/lit/sci here!

>Veeky Forums
LEAVE
/g/k/int/lit/ here

F-five!

same :)

The number of "regulars" who post here several times a week at least is probably less than 300. There's also the sci-fi/fantasy general to consider. It averages 50-70 posters per thread usually, a lot of whom probably don't post on Veeky Forums outside of it.

you think it's really that small a group of people?

nine

its just you and me buddy

I think there's probably 1000 people who visit lit per day, out of about 5000 people who visit it per month. lots of people don't post though.

slightly above average so mb 105-110

>I really do think we need some sociologists to study Veeky Forums, they could probably learn a lot about human behavior from visiting here.

I've seen a paper on Veeky Forums before, it felt a bit cringy. outsiders generally don't really understand Veeky Forums deeply, you need to lurk for at least 1~2 years and investigate imageboard history to at least write something decent.at least thats my opinion

It's just one guy, arguing with himself. He just doesn't realise it. From Stirner posting to BRAAAAAAAP he encompasses the full range of human intellect

This, they're usually horrified outsiders who resist the culture. Angela Nagle has written see interesting stuff but it's obvious she lacks any deep understanding

I think they miss the fact that most everything on this site isn't said seriously.

replies of "holy..." and all gass and vollman shilling is done by the same guy

i wish i were joking

>I really do think we need some sociologists to study Veeky Forums, they could probably learn a lot about human behavior from visiting here.

rene girard was actually working on a book on internet memes, and it was rumoured he had frequented Veeky Forums through peter thiel

They can't understand the simple ironic use of language on the site, nevermind the post-irony that epitomises it.

One, that being Pierre Menard.

I think 6. I used to think there were 5 (including myself) but the recent brap-posting doesn't really fit with our modus operandi, so a new user is the likeliest solution.

there are 800 people in the Veeky Forums goodreads group

i bet there are 1.5k/wk, maybe 3-5k/month

same desu

Are there any more memes like this? I enjoy this heavy psuedo philosophical bantz

are you asian

no I'm a whiteboi

"Veeky Forums circumscribes a systemic, self-sustaining inter-reaction between diverse bodies and minds who, stripped of their ontic qualities, engage in a metadiscourse based on conceptual absurdity and culturally-transmitted, discrete units of information that take on the latent qualities of those through whom it is transmitted."

slow-twitch muscles isn't truly fit, even the greeks knew this, and you would know this if you were lit and thus started with the greeks

10-30 daily users
~100 weekly

At least 3 or 4

>800 people
damn

Wasn't a sociologist but some group did a presentation about Veeky Forums about 4 years ago at school. Wanted to kill my self.

We had to talk about communication technologies, I talked about IRC.They talked about image boards but it was 90 percent /b/ and they had no idea about anything they just thought it would be funny.

Then again, how can I talk? I'm the one sat here browsing this shit hole.

count me in faggots

Few thousand lurkers every day, few hundred posters.

how is there no actual data out there on this?

there was data on each board speed on /qa/, I remember

Wallace's gonna FREAK

i-is that how many qt's I'm being observed by each day?

This whole thread was me btw

Nah probably only like 1/5 of them qualify as qts

He can't freak, he's dead...

>There are potential Qts in this thread right now

hai :3

>they only browse to mock us uglies

I'm convinced that the goodreads threads are a good indication of how many core/regular users there are.

There actually aren't. Women who browse Veeky Forums are either ugly, fat, bipolar or some other mental illness, insecure, self-loathing, or some combination of the above. Any girl who browses Veeky Forums has something fundamentally wrong with her, and is exempt from qt status.

All women are like this. I think its impossible for a woman not to be now a days.

I agree. I feel like I could group certain people by using there posts and seeing there shelves and shit. Like I know who's read the same.books.as me.through shelf threads. So few shelves.

Nine.

>status.
Stopped reading right there, buddy.