How do we fix the teacher problem in America...

How do we fix the teacher problem in America? They are overpaid brainlets who always demand more money all while claiming they receive respect.

America is falling behind in math because every teacher insists that they hate it and frankly oftentimes know less than some of their students.

Other urls found in this thread:

nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tables/sass0708_035_s1s.asp
bbc.com/news/education-25187993
npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/04/15/393939759/the-all-work-no-play-culture-of-south-korean-education
m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140218000688#cb
heritage.org/education/commentary/freeing-americas-education-system-the-19th-century
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Binet
enotes.com/research-starters/modern-european-influences-american-education
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hopkins_Gallaudet
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallaudet_University#Histor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start by banning women from teaching

We are talking about grade school teachers right? I was actually surprised how little they know about the shit they teach. As a kid I thought my 6th grade teacher knew how to shit like Calculus but turns out they know trig at most. Early childhood teachers are even dumber.

Most men don't try to become grade school teachers. Have you ever noticed how in College and even some High Schools the staff are majority men while in grade school it's majority women. The reason is that men want better paying jobs while women want easier jobs.

I think it's because women are more inclined to work with young children

In a more general sense, not necessarily just for math:

1. Increase performance based pay.
2. Privatize education for higher income families.
3. Destroy teacher unions.

Oh and fuck their summer break. All teachers should have mandatory summer classes for low-income poverty stricken children to help them catch up to their peers.

Math major here. Don't do anything. I tutor kids in wealthy neighborhoods for a lot of fucking cash. I know first hand how retarded teachers are because they have really smart kids who can understand my material the first time I give it to them, but when they learn it in school somehow it goes over their heads. That is clearly the teacher's fault.

Anyways, I am 100% banking on the fact that teachers are retarded. I will be starting grad school next year and given the meme that grad students are poor, I will become very popular from the fact that I always have a lot of cash on me. All from teaching a few rich kids retard tier stuff like calculus. I could do this shit while sleeping.

But I digress, please keep teachers as retarded as possible, thank you very much.

I was one of those little faggot kids who shows off what he learned from browsing the Internet and I realized now I literay was smarter than my grade school teachers

That, but also the paranoia relating to pedos making it harder for entry (and then they pick the groups of men most likely to be pedos BECAUSE of that, kek)

I get the feeling that if you simply compare white and asian students to other nations, we're not really falling behind. The real reason our scores are shit is because we have 43 million blacks and an increasing mestizo population

>inb4 muh pole
how about you just address what you said on it's merits

Our white students are standard deviations behind of European students. Race may be a factor in the average, but education is key to actually recovering from that inequality and the data clearly shows our education system sucks

I cannot think of a single female teacher I've ever had who would rank above a male one. Every "hero" teacher I ever had just happened to be the few male ones I had.

It turns out they were not that extraordinary, the female ones were just awful

The thing is there are more pedo women teachers, well here in the US. The only pedo men in schools are the sports coaches (Penn State).

It's a 2 way street though. Our teachers are shit but also the kids in schools hinder the learning of other students. You have hoodrat culture or jock culture that destroys any way for students who actually give a damn to learn.

>overpaid
In what state? Illinois? At least here in Missouri, teacher's salary is the butt of many jokes.
As said, teachers and the anti-intellectual subcultures are both part of the problem. Private schools have less of this problem, but for poor folk in public schools, or really anyone in public schools, it's a serious problem. They don't want to learn, and many teachers can't sufficiently teach those who do.

Ban women from getting math PhDs or going into industry. The ones that are good at math will go back to teaching grade school.

The teacher problem has a chance to be solved. The shitty anti-intellectual culture of some groups won't be because these kids are raised by even shitter parents. Basically we may have to return to a point where we just give up on trying to educate all people and allow teens who want to drop out to drop out. Will crime rates rise? Yes because there is a good correlation between education and crime but those kids that would otherwise be fucked over by shitty classmates now have a chance to learn. To deal with the crime we basically can make sentences for those who do drop out of school double or triple. Change the prison system too so people who don't belong in prison for stupid victimless crimes aren't there but people who commit theft and higher are.

The Finland method

Is it even possible for a man to work with young children these days?

The only female "hero" teacher I had was my calculus teacher in high school. She had a PhD and taught at a nearby college as well, and was legitimately really smart. She was a fucking wonderful teacher, and is pretty much the reason I love math so much today.

All the other female teachers I had were brainlets or bitches. Sometimes both.

Alright Richard spencer, let's say that the presence of blacks is what brings down performance, what is your solution? Ban blacks from school and make the problem worse? Segregation?

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. Just repeal the Thirteenth Amendment and go from there.

ITT
Teenagers that have never once stepped into the classroom/have mommy issues.

Education in America lags because of economic inequality.

Stop hiring Stacies as teacher and only hire autistic women with neurotic behavior to be teachers as they are the only ones who will take their profession seriously.

its not the teachers fault.
the problem is systemic. students are told what to learn and force fed information. kids should be in charge of directing their own education.

>dealing with 20 children and trying to meet state requirements.
>easy
no

This. The only female teachers I liked were the quirky weirdos

How to get started tutoring?

I can't wait for automated teaching
pic unrelated

>be unhappy teenager
>hate school
>sleep through it
>just do enough to get by with a D or C, almost never did any homework
>parents didn't care
>teachers didn't care
>other students didn't care
>Mexicans and Black kids always causing disturbances/even straight out random violence against other students (one occasion this Puerto Rican guy who was held back 2 years randomly held an exacto knife to my throat in art class for no fucking reason)
>go to college
>now an honors student in a hard major

It's probably American culture, a shitty uninspiring school system, shitty teachers, and shitty parents.

>spend 13 years in school
>master nothing told to go fuck around in university for four or more years
>master piano I'm my own time after school
BRAVO!

education is considered the brainlet degree (lowest sat scores/highest gpa inflation/rife with nepotism/etc)
iirc most people go into it just because it's the easiest thing that doesn't need math that hands you a job. if it were more competitive and lucrative, it would probably see significant improvement, but a lot of kids would fail or fall behind along the way.

>It's probably American culture, a shitty uninspiring school system, shitty teachers, and shitty parents.
you think any of your teachers at your ghetto ass high school want to be there? they just wanna keep their head down, not get shanked, and jump ship to a nice, 6 figure paying school in a minority free suburban neighborhood.

personally i think that school should start off borderline draconian and slowly give students more agency, but that's only from personal experiences

Find rich kids.

High school teacher here.

The main problem is that the first few years of school is borderline daycare, but kids enjoy it. Then, around 4th/5th grade teachers just arbitrarily decide school is "serious" which is why kids in our society have this attitude that school is a job and all of youth exists outside the classroom. How many teachers after 3rd grade or so would remind you how they are preparing you for middle school, only for middle school teachers to tell students they are really being prepared for high school, and so on.

Kids need to be taught to enjoy learning early on, but the shitty teachers can't do that and the "too cool for school" culture is perpetuated

If you were worth being a tutor, you would have already been scouted, sorry brainlet

Teachers are abysmally paid in the US outside of private institutions.
Make it mandatory for public school teachers to visit university in special courses where they learn about psychology, neurology and educational theories. Simultaneously, have them intern at a school and learn from the other teachers by observing, helping and gradually taking on teaching responsibilities.
Always have them reflect on how their class works, what doesn't, and why, give them diagnostic abilities to ascertain problems, but also potential in students.
Meanwhile they should also study their desired subject, for example maths.

After some time, they have to write their BA and later MA about practical problems they encountered and provide solutions using accepted educational theories as well as their experience.

In five years, the first good teachers could pour out of colleges / universities who are not only more capable in their subject, but also have the capability to critically reflect on their knowledge and insight, gather more and fine tune their teaching.

Economically, pay them a base rate and add incentives for extra work done, extremely good results (as in, bringing a student from a D to a B is very good - 2 grades better - B to A is good, but not as impressive; this way teachers in weak areas are not automatically punished). I'd advocate against taking money away for students dropping in grades as some schools would never get any teachers any more.

>Teachers are abysmally
Yes, but they still earn more than they deserve

Not all blacks participate in nigger culture. In my engineering classes all the black guys are straight up Euler fan boys.

dealing with young children while getting them to behave and pay attention is like herding cats
college kids may want to give speeches and act like they know everything but they won't throw chairs or literally whine (like a dog) about this or that thing or spend all class masturbating in the bathroom
why yes, I did do all of those things when I was younger, I was a little shit, and there were worse kids (albeit not so obviously fucked up)

>muh unions
please fuck off, if you don't like how they conduct themselves that's one thing, but to get rid of all the unions in an industry would mean horrible things for that industry, especially when that industry deals with kids

one sack of crippling autism for every child?
fund it

>work 60-80 hours a week
>while constantly in danger of losing your job if a kid doesn't like you and lies to his parents
>Force us to work summers too
Yeah, fuck you.

No, dumbass. You clearly don't understand the difference between tutoring and teaching.
I worked as a tutor for years before becoming a teacher. 1-on-1 kids behave very differently.
Put them in a group and suddenly they start running around the classroom and not paying attention to shit anyone says, especially middle school kids who are distracted by sex and puberty.

gg/vme7hF

Private schools actually pay less, and the union isn't there to stop the principal from abusing you.

>Increase performance based pay.

That's gonna lead to teachers teaching to pass the test and doing anything to get a raise so they'll abandon weaker students.

>2. Privatize education for higher income families.
You have that though

You can have schools that are third world level that are right beside rich ass funded schools. Being in an underfunded struggling school pretty much nails in the statement "you don't matter and society has abandoned you" into kids heads.

Even if you do very well in poor schools you are so far behind other kids your level in middle+ class schools.

>Economically, pay them a base rate and add incentives for extra work done, extremely good results (as in, bringing a student from a D to a B is very good - 2 grades better - B to A is good, but not as impressive; this way teachers in weak areas are not automatically punished).

One schools A is another schools B.

That user statement implied they all are. Saying a statement like that really clashes with another statement that another says "some don't"

No.

They view teaching as an important and respectable job. Requiring a university grade and paid accordingly. Also limited class sizes.

That is common in a lot of places. America us just a much bigger place with a much wider social and economic disparity.

Reminder to all /pol/tards that bitch about "muh race".

The average U.S. student goes to school 7 hours. In one primary education institution. While having 2.5 months of summer vacation.

nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tables/sass0708_035_s1s.asp

Meanwhile the average south Korean student goes to school for 14 hours. Spending time in primary education institution and then a supplementary institution (cram or academia). On top of doing school all year long.

bbc.com/news/education-25187993

npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/04/15/393939759/the-all-work-no-play-culture-of-south-korean-education

m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140218000688#cb

If you think this shit is just about race then you are grossly underestimating the time they are putting in. The truth is all you fucks are slacking off heavily and it shows.

But yeah keep blaming the blacks and hispanics. Keep making those excuses since that's all you fucks are good for.

And yet the whole American school system is designed around the shitskins

No it's designed around 19th century rural white culture you retarded.

heritage.org/education/commentary/freeing-americas-education-system-the-19th-century

And this is a conservative think tank saying this shit.

>America us just a much bigger place with a much wider social and economic disparity.
How is that an argument, if it were true?

Many places in American cannot output local teachers and have to resort to people with little teaching experience from outside the area (often green eared and fresh outta school with no training in how to deal with untypical teaching scenarios), people with low qualifications, lack of local educated talent that pursue teaching and other issues.

Hence the reason the Finnish method could work. Implementing high standards for teaching qualifications combined with a high(er) salary. OC you also need to fund smaller classes and high quality books and such. Not as an overnight sollution but as a long term policy.

One teachers B is another ones A. Even within schools. It is an impossible problem to solve, but if you apply a method of measuring the difference in grades, this gets largely nullified

>Implementing high standards for teaching qualifications combined with a high(er) salary.

Many places can't really give higher salaries due to budget issues. Also the best qualified teachers to deal with poor performing schools go to the best schools. Like the salary in shit schools is not worth it and implementing higher standards won't do much (cuz high quality teachers go for top schools).

>OC you also need to fund smaller classes and high quality books and such.

And in many places they don't have the tax base for that.

>Many places...
Obviously it can only work if implemented and funded on a national/federal level. I keep forgetting that for Americans this feels like communism.

This kind of can't do attitude is what is wrong with the world. Why even try, it might fail!

You have to start somewhere and the place to start is a drastically higher grade necessity for teachers. That entails better pay across the board though.

Overpaid? You really are just pulling whatever bullshit you want to believe out of your ass.

>one of those little faggot kids
Stop calling excelling effeminate, that's gay.

And you never stopped being that little faggy kid

It's not though. US colleges still have to teach fucking Elementary algebra because many kids from urban schools (non-white, non-asian areas) come out of HS with zero knowledge of math because they were just passed to get them the fuck out of the school.

The US only has bad demographics. White and Asian PISA scores aren't unusually bad.

Unions only exist for shitty industries. Without the unions they can actually work on being less shitty.

>Give everybody a D in first term
>Give everybody a B in second term
>Give half of the bonus to head of school so he shuts up

>implying there wouldn't be an evaluation.
>implying that right now, no teachers are cheating, when in reality nowhere do teachers cheat as much as in the US (thanks to no child left behind)

So you are for high, static payment of teachers then?

The poor have to stay in their own shitty schools, by and large. We are not supposed to redistribute wealth in the manner advocated here.

>america is falling behind in math because of teachers

wrong. america is falling behind because every 8 years, theres basically a new public school curriculum which redistributes attention to particular areas and places emphasis on things that were not previously important. a.k.a no child left behind, a.k.a common core, a.k.a etc.

teachers are left to adjust to standardized and subsidized teaching regiments that havent been tested and any deviation from that is heavily frowned upon.

I think that american education system is beyond repair anyway and any change to it will make it worse in some way

It's like you don't know what falsified grades are.

Teachers in the USA are not for teaching. They are for indoctrinating. The only "teaching" they do is to get higher test scores, which doesn't teach much of anything a child can actually use.

It was that way in the 1980s when I was in grade school. A small group of us were known to be smarter than all the teachers except 2. It sucked pretty fucking hard.

There are pedo women teachers? I never had any. How did I miss out?

Many teachers, in addition to being underpaid, are simply under-qualified for their jobs, especially in mathematics.

You had your mom for that.

Plus students getting tutored are often in trouble at home and realize if they fuck around with the tutor they are going to get their ass beat.

>Be gradeschool
>me and friends "pew pew pew" on the playground
>draw stick figures with guns in my notebooks
>woman teachers always have to have a talk with me
>many times
>feels like intervention
>never worked because I didn't understand what was bad about it
bitch I'm like 10 years old, I like going "pew pew pew"

woman teachers don't really know how to reach young boys. some even see them as a nuisance

>middle school
>distracted by sex

Y-you mean most kids are getting laid in middle school? You meant high school r-right?

america is falling behind because raising standards that fit whites, asians, and (((jews))) is racist.

hahaha I'm sorry user

Tutor here, this is rarely the case. Parents like to throw their kids into tutoring programs hoping we will somehow magically save their kids from failing. Many programs, especially if a parent is seeking multiple hours per week, are expensive in the long run so guess who actually affords them? Well-off and rich families with spoiled kids. Both the kids and the parents think tutoring is a magic bullet that will cure their stupidity and lack of academic discipline in the span of a few days.

>It's not though

False

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Binet

>In 1899, Binet was asked to be a member of the Free Society for the Psychological Study of the Child. French education changed greatly during the end of the nineteenth century, because of a law that passed which made it mandatory for children ages six to fourteen to attend school.

>In 1904, the French Ministry of Education asked psychologist Alfred Binet to devise a method that would determine which students did not learn effectively from regular classroom instruction so they could be given remedial work

And before anyone tries to say studies in education methodologies in France didn't heavily influence the U.S. need to remember how influential Europe was in shaping U.S. schools in 19th and 20th century to focus more alternative, supplementary and remedial education at all grade levels. Which obviously intended to be focus predominantly on whites to round out society's level of education.

enotes.com/research-starters/modern-european-influences-american-education

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hopkins_Gallaudet

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallaudet_University#Histor

>Unions only exist for shitty industries.

What?

>So you are for high, static payment of teachers then?

Teachers aren't paid that well compared to the hours they do.