Why do stem fags hate economics majors?

why do stem fags hate economics majors?

Other urls found in this thread:

ssc.wisc.edu/~kwest/publications/1980/A Simple PSD HAC Covariance Matrix.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they add very little to society and are rewarded for it.

I'm not too sure. I'm an economics major and there is a pretty decent amount of calculus, probability, and statistics. It's obviously not as complicated as the math/physics/comp sci/engineering people here, but whatever. It'll make you some decent money, especially paired with another major or grad school in a related field like statistics, comp sci, etc.

They fear the snowball.

because people think that econ means a well paying job. Perhaps a master's in economics means a stable job, but I would not make any sweeping statements about a Bachelor's being worth anything

i dont hate economics majors
i dont respect them
first of all because they have a bacholers in econmics which is not a diffuclt thing to obtain, a phd is more respectable
if they were smart and serious about economics they would just major in statistics anyways
most of the extra stuff included in an "economics" degree is pure liberal indoctrination/propaganda
they are only taught how to study capitalist markets, which is only one of many kinds of economies, and also one of the worst up there with de-privatized state command economies. this really restricts the conceptual boundaries economics majors are taught to play with. This is why all the economics bachelors i notice are soulless/brainless corporate PR shills working for organizations like AEI or CATO, or shit tier people in middle management.
its basically a degree designed to make useful idiots

I'm not sure where you got the impression that a masters in econ was worth much. Generally speaking, you get a bachelor's to break into the finance world and then go from there or get a PhD and actually work as an economist in the private sector.

Getting a masters is just some weird middle ground where some people fall.

It's contempt, not hatred. It's a glorified liberal arts degree and most economics majors don't amount to anything.

I don't, my parents are economists and they paid for my college. Feels good nigga.

Most people don't amount to anything

Economics majors least of all.

He has a masters in economics...

Because Econ majors are fucking brainleets OP

Literally almost every type of applied math is used in economics

Because it's not science.

My uni doesn't offer a bachelors in stat or else I would be doing that currently, but they do have a certificate(basically a minor with 2 extra classes) in statistical modeling, as well as a masters program in statistics.

So yeah I'm doing economics w/ the stat cert, and hopefully I'll get in to the masters program.

We hate business majors not econ majors you faggot. Just by the picture alone you have no clue what econ even is.

To be fair, although economics research has been mostly okay for a little while, the economics that is taught at an undergraduate level is complete horseshit, scientifically speaking

>economics

Because economics is an abstract concept and is “governed” by man-made rules that only attempt to throw stilts under it when things get wobbly. The ones who make these rules are mammon worshipers who’s sole purpose is to extract financial energy from the chattel.

If economists are so smart and understand myuneez so much, why are most of them completely unknown and poor as fuck?

>economics major and there is a pretty decent amount of calculus
example? i am economic major too.

>there is a pretty decent amount of calculus, probability, and statistics

That's seriously your justification?

> not combining economics + STEM

step it up cucks

because economics, like sociology can only be properly studied as a discipline of ecology
counting the days until life sciences reach the critical mass needed to absorb the study of all human interactions.

Because they invest less mental effort into their work and get more financial compensation, would be my assumption.

Because they succ

>he said, when gender studies exist

read an econ book and youll see why

its useless circular blabber that gets you nowhere

same thing different phrasing from page 1 to page 1000

>read a [Field] book and youll see why

its useless circular blabber that gets you nowhere

same thing different phrasing from page 1 to page 1000

>comparing a computer architecture book to a "just give your customer value" for 1000 pages

leave my board you stupid fucking cunt

>comparing a Economics book to a "Stick a bunch of comp parts together" for 1000 pages

>computer architecture is now building computers

>"just give your customer value"

you've clearly just demonstrated that you don't know what economics is

protip: it isn't fucking business

is for

>Economics is now owning a business

>there is a pretty decent amount of calculus, probability, and statistics
This is first year undergrad shit and adds no scientific credibility to your chosen field of study.

Economics major tend to be fiscally conservative which tends to go against the interest of us scientists which depend on government funding.

Sorry but the market cannot do science. Economists think in abstract concepts that only vaguely resemble reality. They never stop and think about the reality on the ground.

Scientists love intellectual honestly above all else and unfortunately economics is littered with intellectually dishonest entities trying to push their political agendas.

>Scientists love intellectual honestly above all else
>Scientists don't have political agendas

No they don't. The fact that you believe otherwise is probably due to your own political ideology conflicting with reality.

N-no I don't!
Y-you're just denying reality you fucking [Insert ideology]!

Give me an example of scientists with a political agenda.

Give me a good example of scientists with a political agenda.

>the absolute state of nu-Veeky Forums

Economics is just capitalist propaganda.

Pop-economists always pushing for the same, "benefits for the rich, shafting to the poor" and academic economists are forbidden from researching anything that is not within the strict domain of capitalism so it's not really an objective science.

They will go down just as well as astrologers.

Could've done without the reddit spacing, but pretty good overall, I give it 6/10.

stem shits get angry when another field can do math better than they can

ssc.wisc.edu/~kwest/publications/1980/A Simple PSD HAC Covariance Matrix.pdf

link related, its a typical economics paper that any undergrad in a decent program can understand by their junior or sophomore year

all

me

>matrices are hard math

TOP KEK

I expected to see some measure theory.

>t. stemfag thats buttmad that economists are doing mathematicians work for them

>butthurt to be studying a more prestigious major that is more useful to society and comes with a higher salary and higher job security

I think not mate. Go brown nose some retard at some "total not biased" think tank so that maybe they can hire you to publish "totally not biased" research while earning internship-tier income well into your 30s.

>mathematicians
>useful

>tell a girl I have a Ph.D in Math
>instant wet panties
>still thinking mathematics is not useful

I'd piss myself laughing at you too tbqh.

scientists can have political beliefs but that isn't an agenda. My belief that we should have a more even distribution of wealth does absolutely nothing to inform my opinions on Alzheimer's, and that doesn't in turn affect what I think should be done about researching a cure.

The only policies I can guess are relevant to work are how scientific methods, intellectual properties and pharmaceuticals are regulated, and these seem to rarely intersect with the popular PROFESAROS ARE BRAYNWASHIN MAH KID A LIBRUL

Meanwhile I think the general perception is that economists are directly affecting the lives of regular people, and the feeling that economics is less legitimate as a science I think fuels the suspicion that they're driven by less noble means

Personally I have no idea

sorry I'm sleepy and misworded the first sentence. I meant my opinion of thing A has nothing to do with B and B has nothing to do with A

Go to sleep and wake up in a couple of hours, then post something coherent.

>he was wrong so I'll be retarded on purpose
good work user

>stating the obvious