Brainlet here, I've been always a lazy person who doesnt give a fuck about anything...

brainlet here, I've been always a lazy person who doesnt give a fuck about anything, suddenly now i want to be smart (or at least above average)

i've never studied before(got a bussines & management degree( its a brainlet degree, i know))

reading the Veeky Forums guide and with some disclipline could i be able to raise my IQ at least to an engineer level? I dont care about money and jobs, I just want to train my brain to build stuffs by my own

inb4

that's the most retarded request I've seen in a while
if you just want to feel smart go watch space movies or whatever

dont lie to me

rick & morty didnt help at all

People smarter and more dedicated than you will ever be tried and failed to study what they loved, and you just want to feed you ego. Do yourself a favor and give up now. Intelligence is genetic.

>IQ >100
Stewart, Simmons
>IQIQIQ

What's your IQ so I can know whether or not to take this seriously

is gd raight?

>raise my IQ to an engineer level
You cant raise your IQ, reguardless of what brainlets tell you. You can improve the number you score on an IQ test but the only number that counts is the first one you score, since taking the test repeatedly changes it to a test of memorization instead of what it’s actually testing for. IQ isn’t important anyway, it makes learning easier sure, but its nothing that cant be made up for with hard work. If you want to learn about stuff Khan (Kahn?) Acedemy on Youtube is a great place to get some knowledge of the basics in a wide variety of subjects. Start there and by the end of it you should know enough to know how much you dont know, and what you need to learn to further your understanding. Good luck.

Fake news. Intelligence is indeed genetic, but it is heavily influenced by environmental influence.

In other words, the phenotype may differ from what the genotype dictates. Constantly keeping the brain active, working hard, having an encouraging environment all contribute. However I will concede that you are more likely to be born with a high intelligence than have all the required factors for increasing intelligence. Very few have the determination to constantly slave away. It's the reason that all insecure brainlets like op invariably fail.

You can't raise your IQ, sorry

the first step you should take is stop giving a shit about IQ.

and are both asssumed to be correct by people who believe in IQ but are contradictory. If our quantification of IQ is influenced by repeated measurements, obviously we have no fucking clue what IQ actually is and even the best IQ tests are basically facebook quizzes compared to what a true assessment would require.

A true and accurate measurement will be the same in every assessment. Multiple assessments cannot change that measurement. If they do, it's not real.

>If our quantification of IQ is influenced by repeated measurements, obviously we have no fucking clue what IQ actually is
No you fucking brainlet. IQ is a measurement of your ability adtapt to, and recognize patterns in an unfamiliar environment. If the environment becomes familiar and you take the test multiple times, the test begins to measure your ability to memorize, which is entirely not the point. I could write a program that could score in the 200s on an IQ test if given multiple tries, and feedback on the results of each test. That program isnt smart, its just using memory and process of elimination to figure out the right answers. It doesnt mean IQ tests are bullshit, it means that taking them multiple times defeats the purpose.

It does mean IQ tests are bullshit though.

> IQ is a measurement of your ability adtapt to, and recognize patterns in an unfamiliar environment.
Sure, and during an IQ test the subject knows they're taking a test with well structured questions that have real answers, etc. + all previous experience of what a test is.

The only real IQ test is one that's not a test, but then we can't test for it, IQ tests are bullshit.

>iq tests are bullshit
How come it's the single best predictor for estimating job/educational performance and overall achievement? I can tell you with some certainty that 10 times out of 10, a person with an IQ of below 80 is not working a mentally taxing and non-repetitive job. IQ may be a crude instrument, as you would expect from trying to boil down cognitive ability into one number, but it's far from bullshit.

>Sure, and during an IQ test the subject knows they're taking a test with well structured questions that have real answers, etc. + all previous experience of what a test is.
That doesn’t matter, its the content of those questions that does matter, and the thought processes required to find the solutions. I cant explain it any clearer than that, so if you still don’t understand, you are either in denial, or retarded. Maybe even both.
Im not saying IQ is the most important metric ever, plenty of low IQ people are successful(look at president Trump), but if you claim its nothing and IQ tests are bullshit you are objectively wrong.

Contrary to what most people here say you CAN indeed raise your IQ, you can check for yourself that it is only ~0.85 hereditary. That being said in order to raise it you'd need to be younger than 12 and this change would only be a few points at most.

Suppose I lost my original point after the first reply and went off the wrong way. Functionally I think IQ tests are okay because the results correlate with real-world performance and behaviours as you say. I was addressing people telling OP to accept being a brainlet forever "too bad it's in your genetics", but then simultaneously admitting that you can improve your score on an IQ test.

Intelligence is roughly as heritable as height. It can be increased with proper nutrition and environmental enrichment until most critical periods close during late childhood. Not later.

You can increase your IQ by rote learning and practice. This will destroy the g-loading and not influence your actual intelligence as other posters have mentioned already.

I got my IQ measured when I was a child, before drugs, videogames and death metal, and I scored 156 but I'm struggling with Baby Rudin. Did I fuck myself up, wise user?

Nobody's saying IQ is entirely, 100% genetic. Obviously there are environmental effects in play, some of which - like nutrition, quality of parenting, socioeconomic status, or belonging to certain peer groups - are extremely well described in the literature. All we're saying is the basic fact remains that if you were born as a dumb fuck (and were further grown into one), you're going to be a dumb fuck no matter what you try to do. Most correlations with IQ are negative (e.g. being an alcoholic has a negative effect), so the best you can hope to do in real life, without deluding yourself into the myth of tabula rasa, is not fucking it up by being overly irresponsible.

One might argue that susceptibility to the environment is also coded in your genotype...

just read a lot dude