Do you guys see food as a means to an end or as one of life's little treasures?

Do you guys see food as a means to an end or as one of life's little treasures?

Likewise, do you see cooking as a necessary labor, or as a craft to be enjoyed?

Yes

My view on food will forever be warped by the fact that I'm sexually aroused by girls eating.

The answer is both to both questions.

Obviously human beings need food to survive. But when the opportunity presents itself it can be an amazing experience. Likewise cooking is necessary labor to keep oneself properly fed, but for many people it can be a craft to enjoy. I enjoy cooking because it's radically different from my job so it's a nice way to unwind after a workday and get my mind on something totally different.

It's a necessity to eat to survive and maintain health. That's it. Anyone who considers it more than that is a degenerate.

Being a soulless robot is, itself, degenerate.

>Do you guys see food as a means to an end or as one of life's little treasures?
Depends on the meal. Morning bowl of oatmeal is a means to an end. Splitting a burrata, a bottle of wine, some tomato salad with tomatoes from the garden and a loaf of home baked bread with my girl? One of life's pleasures.
>Likewise, do you see cooking as a necessary labor, or as a craft to be enjoyed?
It definitely feels like labor when I don't really feel like cooking, but do it anyways. But if I'm gonna spend time doing something I usually try to enjoy it. Otherwise you're just wasting time.

Anything that needs to be done can be enjoyed. You can enjoy taking a shit, everyone has had that one really good shit. Eating is like shitting in reverse. You've got to do it, might as well enjoy it.

I'm mediterranean so naturally it's the latter for both.

I hate protestants

eat to live, don't live to eat. and if you're going to indulge, for fuck's sake eat something that isn't garbage fast food.

If you don't want to be fat it's a good idea to avoid shitty indulgences.

Take two and call me in the morning

Are you guys from like, harvard or something

This is about what I would've posted
Why are people like you even on a cooking board, you can post about unseasoned boiled frozen chicken breast and veggies on Veeky Forums if you don't give a shit about the art of cooking whatsoever.

Cornell, actually.

I became a religious person over food. I found God through food and drink. I treat food as a gift from God.

Hedonistic waste and excess of food is degenerate. Respect and appreciation for the wonders of food is not.

Oh, where the "ivy league" school wannabees too stupid to get into harvard or yale, but whose parents still have money, go. Gotcha.

It was pretty legit. Kicked my ass, but I made it through.

t. State Uni Dropout

Food is one of life's pleasures, like all pleasure it has duality and can be a vice as well.

Fuck you, they have an awesome science program.
t. mycology fag

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I' m going off of personal experience. Sure I graduated from an ROTC program from an ecxcellent state university, commissioned as an officer and volunteered for airborne training. The only Cornell faggot I ever met was assigned as my roommate in airborne school and was as noveau riche, hoity toity mincing faggot as you would ever want to meet. Incapable of having an intellectual discussion, too because he was far above that. The hilarious part about it was when the instructors failed him on the airborne PT test and I had the apartment to myself. His tears were sweet as he packed his gear and left the room. Tbf, the instructors probably failed him because he was an Ivy League faggot, because he wasn't out of shape, just weak.