What does Veeky Forums think of internet skeptics/skepticism as seen on social media?

What does Veeky Forums think of internet skeptics/skepticism as seen on social media?

While there are lots of idiots out there, foreign government agents (web brigades), and groups encourage this behavior on western social media websites in order to help destabilize the western governments. It is extremely insidious and highly effective to a point.

>While there are lots of idiots out there, foreign government agents (web brigades), and groups encourage this behavior on western social media websites in order to help destabilize the western governments.

true or not, skepticism and distrust is most definitely warranted

Not this guy but I agree with him 100%. The internet has changed from a platform for freely sharing information to a platform for freely sharing misinformation.

I liked it better when everyone was 100% anonymous and you assumed everyone you talked to could secretly be a child molester, serial killer, or government agent. Now a days people put their trust in the internet giving it as much data about their personal lives and identities as they can and they assume that makes it a safer place. I think removing internet anonymity and giving the false sense of "everyone can know everyone on the internet" is a false sense of security and trust that gets abused by foreign actors like Russia.

>future of the west is jeopardized, the solutions to existential crises and problems must be discussed
>make 40 minute long videos criticizing fundamentalist Christian mythology and SJWs instead

Most of the skeptics I've seen are enamored with how intelligent they are while they go for the lowest hanging fruit they can find for ad revenue.

Of course, but have you seen the bullshit people are saying these days? Just go to any NASA website or youtube where you can read public comments. It is enough to lower IQ points.

The wild west of pre-2007 internet was the best internet.

This is pretty true, but I'll give those people credit for monetizing skeptical brainlets.

>Of course, but have you seen the bullshit people are saying these days? Just go to any NASA website or youtube where you can read public comments. It is enough to lower IQ points.

so is the current state of Veeky Forums.

there's nothing wrong with having a healthy skepticism.

>skepticism
One k removal away from accuracy

>septical
A healthy dose is fine, but the stuff you see on yt and elsewhere will make you a brainlet.

>being skeptical of official because you don't understand the science of their explanation enough to check it yourself

>NOT being skeptical of batshit crazy conspiracy theories because you don't understand the science of their explanation enough to check it yourself

why do people do this?

So they can congregate with other like minded brainlets to sound intelligent. Skeptic communities are drama-riddled echo chambers with members that behave like high schoolers to other groups or members that fall out of rank.

Autistic as fuck.

Citation needed

The crap Russia is spewing isn't skepticism, since it just makes everyone retract to their bubble.

Confirmation bias on the loose.
If you really are a skeptic, you tally the misses as well as the hits.

TIL autism = 'a preference for logical beliefs'

hell yeah if that's the definition then count me in as autistic

>I called god a funny name
>that proves its illogical
>yeah, I'm so logical

Nah, it's just autism.

You mean like Sargon? What a fucking tool.

Most are just sophists. They will say what you want to hear so you'll be more likely to give them money through Patreon or some other bullshit.

it's a shitty research paper that proves nothing

Mskull01 was the only good one and most of you plans will never understand

I "friended" some women I met at a music festival and suddenly couldn't use facebook without being bombarded with whatever crystal healing numerology past-life food babe stuff they were liking. I was going to just remove them, but then I realized every time I like something from the skeptics guide to the universe it would show up on their feeds; so I make a point of doing that.

>healthy skepticism

We are not seeing that at all. What we are seeing is the complete and utter disregard for everything that has to do with authority of any kind. Half of it is simply because the people are not smart enough to properly comprehend what they are seeing. The other half is merely the fact that it comes from an "expert" so they denounce it instantly. The biggest problem is that these people are the most vocal online. The fly in the oil. The reason they are the most vocal is 2-fold. On one hand you have people who have actual mental problems on the other hand you have people targeting this stuff in a campaign to undermined the entire system.

A mentally healthy person has healthy skepticism. Think about that for a moment. Then remember how many people actually believe in a religion. Obviously, those people are not going to have healthy skepticism. That's a shit load of people.

>back in my school the militant atheist who thought they were smarter than everyone else was not only a girl but a 10/10 with hentai proportions

>Atheist are clearly a majority.

Were they smoking crack when they made that chart? Atheist is the lowest.

Come on man. Read.