How would YOU improve this board, Veeky Forums? It's fraught with cancer-- pseuds and r9k

How would YOU improve this board, Veeky Forums? It's fraught with cancer-- pseuds and r9k.

see

Ban all pictures of women with long, bony toes.

I'd get rid of mobile posters, for one thing.

What are you, a faggot?

99% of all shitposters on this board are men.
Ban all men.

Not even being ironic.

Are you gratuitously assigning them a gender, user?

I can feel the stench of unwashed males from here.

Talk about books.

I'd ban footniggers for starts

Post more feet. You can fix anything by adding more feet.

I visit Veeky Forums a couple times of year. I'm always amazed at how scantly populated and ill-written the posts are here, considering the board topic. Not even including any post in this thread in that criticism, as that's normal; nor off-the-cuff shitposting or jocular memeing - there's a certain expected normalcy to that stuff and I don't include it in any criticism particular to this board.

But even in conversations where participants seem to want to communicate their ideas the posts tend to be sere and generally lack vitality of either form or substance. There's little apparent hunger for clarity or better ideas, and even less grace to acknowledge someone when they contribute these things.

fuck off back to plebbit you dont belong here

99% of the board is male. I hope you enjoy talking to yourself.

she's right tho. the old man and the sea is as boring as fuck

k

>I understand the book
>doesn't understand the most basic substance of the book, much less the people around her in her life
How unsurprising.

i could do a 10 minute review on those Feet.
Overall 9/10.

>she values reading primarily as a mental stage where she doesn't indulge in her usual ruinous self-censorship
>she values reading as a private place to shit reactions freely without judgement
>not as a platform for ideas, emotions, and structures of inherent functional value
I would rather be useful in bondage than free and useless. Utility can break free of bondage, but freedom without utility is a dead end.

high heels are gross 2bh

The only way to improve this board is to post feet in every thread

Every forum for literature is "fraught with pseuds."

The real deal doesn't mess with these places. It's practically FUBU for pseudo-intellectuals.

>those experienced yet fresh and young delicate feet ready for adventures

More?

>ready for adventures
kek

I don't remember her name unfortunately

create a philosophy board, exile all the faux existentialists and christian apologists there and make it a permabannable offense to post anything about Zizek in Veeky Forums.

Chiara Ferragni

t. Google

Stop making threads like this and discuss literature like I do (not counting this one comment)

This. Permaban all philosophyfags

Agreed

I doubt you can improve this place without making a new board. I feel like Veeky Forums has simply become somewhere people come to when they think they're too smart for other boards.

It's heavily elitist and I'm not convinced most people read judging by many of the replies. I'd even go as far to say that the way it currently functions would put off people looking to have a genuine discussion.

That it's quite unpleasant, doesn't have enough people willing to write more than one sentence replies, and is unfortunately neither funny nor witty despite the topics at hand, is why it's stalled.

no they're not
but i do think a nice pair of cute flats also looks good especially with a bit of toe cleavage showing

>let us focus on imagined problems in others rather than actual problems in ourselves
To improve this board I would read more Dostoevsky and maybe Gogol, because the only way I can possibly improve the quality of this board is by improving the quality of my own posts. To put all of Veeky Forums's failings onto other posters does nothing to solve them and is just self-congratulatory ethical masturbation. Rather than obsess over exactly who's fault low quality posts are, we should act in the most practical ways to reduce them.
I also think it's interesting that OP implies /r9k/ is diametrically opposed to Veeky Forums. Think about how many actual writers would be /r9k/ regulars if they lived in our times.

There was a Kant thread a few days ago, and it's the first time in months I've participated in a thread with discussion instead of memes and faggotry.

Throw out the philosofags and you have nothing but shit left.

Filter the frog pictures.

Guidelines on how to discuss a book, author, or subject.

>redditor detected

It was already done. Your new is showing. That is why was created.

On the contrary, your own new is evident if you think & Humanities was a good idea.

>acting on the self only is the most practical way of increasing quality in a shared space
Your mind is faulty.

I know if I see a phil or Christposter in lit, and I sage and report, the mods will delete it. If it's not about books it gets deleted. That is all that matters.

I think it would improve if everyone stopped reading /lits top 100 books and just read other shit. I'm sick of the same entry level classic discussion and no philosophy. Make another board for it.

Threads to delete on sight:
>John Green
Not really a meme, not really a worthwhile discussion
>all threads that start with "what does Veeky Forums think of x?"
>all /r9k/ reeeeeee women threads
They have a place. It's /r9k/.
>all /pol/ threads that don't even try to discuss literature
They never actually discuss the art of the deal
>delete all threads that mention reddit in the OP

You say The Hunger Games, I say The Sot-Weed Factor
You say Twilight, I say The Recognitions
You say Divergent, I say The Magic Mountain
You say Harry Potter, I say In Search of Lost Time
You say Perks, I say Women & Men
You say John Green, I say shut the fuck up
You say Cassandra Clare, I scream Thomas Pynchon!!
You say Fifty Shades of Grey, I fucken punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to YA and memes. If you are part of the 8% that still reads real literature, copy and paste this message to another 5 threads. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF Veeky Forums DIE

oh fuck off you daft little turd

Smells lovely--the Musk of unwashed genitals. A sweet but sour smell that wafts when the legs spread. Take a whiff, it's one of nature's godly creations.

It might not be the most pragmatic, but it is certainly a step forward. It falls on us to care and curate this board.

I don't mind 'what does Veeky Forums think of X', if the poster has a shared a good chunk of their thoughts. If we had more meaty posts, and engaged more with effort-filled content, the place would improve.

Honestly, the only real answer is: And to do it well.

I always felt it smelled like McDonalds.
Tell me you know what I mean, user.

McDonalds smells worse tbqhwy senpai

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

TELL ME NOW

but why?

>How would YOU improve this board, Veeky Forums? It's fraught with cancer-- pseuds and r9k.

Ban all /pol/posters.

It's fucked, no one here cares about anything besides shitposting. The only thing you could do is implement permanent identities and post history but then it'd stop being Veeky Forums.

Mein gott