What is the MINIMUM amount of supplementary foods I should I eat in addition to a long-term diet of rice and beans in...

What is the MINIMUM amount of supplementary foods I should I eat in addition to a long-term diet of rice and beans in order to not die within a year? I'm not asking for the healthiest possible, only the bare minimum to keep me running on a low energy malnourished long term lifestyle.

Other urls found in this thread:

zoeharcombe.com/2012/03/five-a-day-the-truth/
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=lemon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends on how much rice and beans you'll be eating per day

As many as possible to reduce cost of living, my plan is to jew the fuck out of the food market system and avoid working very hard. Assuming a 2000 calorie diet, as I am only 55kg, I want as many of those possible to be rice and beans, without killing myself. I hate spending money on food because I don't enjoy eating and want to spend as much of my time and money possible focused on more important things.

dude just look up what kinds of vitamins and minerals are in beans and what kinds are in rice, and then whatever they don't have, eat some stuff that has that. I'm not going to min/max your nutrients for you, but off the top of my head I'd say that beans and rice will provide a lot of B vitamins and a bit of iron, and some protein and carbs, and not much else.

you can survive for a long time with malnutrition if you're getting enough calories. you likely won't die within a year from vitamin deficiencies, you'll just be really unhealthy. and no, I don't know how unhealthy you'll be.

So maybe a little bit of vegetables and dairy as well, it seems. Beans and rice are surprisingly more nutritious than I thought.

wheat is better than rice. rice is just nasty all around. any other cereal grain is better than rice. eat beans with bread.

nonfat/lowfat milk and yogurt should be part of your diet. you can make yogurt with milk, too, which should in theory be cheaper.

Perhaps a slimy mixture of wheat/milk/beans?

stop posting.

I refuse

Cabbage

Also something to compete the proteins occasionally. Oats or quinoa

Wheat flour is also cheaper than rice, at least in civilised countries. Baking bread is slightly more effort than boiling rice, but it isn't hard. The yeast does most of the work.

Eat rice and beans then a multivitamin once a day you should be ok. People have been on year long water fasts and have survived with only being supplemented with a multivitamin.

Go with potatoes and butter(or milk). You don't need anything else.

eating either a few eggs, some dairy, cheap meat or fatty fish every day and rotating it so you get something else every day should do the trick

100 grams of liver, 200 grams of sardines, 200 grams of whole milk, 100 grams of sunflower seeds and 200 grams of broccoli (1,300 calories)

zoeharcombe.com/2012/03/five-a-day-the-truth/

Chop some potatoes up into it. Have a glass of milk every couple of days.

I pretty much live on the diet you're picturing. Limit portion size - it's not all that hard to get fat from rice and beans. As for rounding things out, you need fat. Olive oil is good, just find a cost effective source for it that you trust. A market run my Mediterranean immigrants is a better place to look than your supermarket, which it seems you're trying to get away from anyways. (Good for you). Also greens. And not fucking salad - cooked greens like collards, kale and mustard are inexpensive and reasonably nutritious. And a good foil for beans and rice. Then you'll need a good source of vitamin C, which can just be lemon or lime squeezed into the water you drink. Then round things out with seasonal vegetables and maybe some eggs every now and then for fat and B12. You could live the rest of your life on a diet like that, and it would be cheap as fuck. I'm mostly outside the system and spend about $15-$20 a week feeding myself.

You need oats or lentils in there. Both dairy and potatoes lack molybdenum, and while you hardly need any, you definitely need it.

And just so we're clear, this would not be a low-energy diet, it would be a couple of gallons of milk, seven pounds of potatoes and 6 ounces of lentils to get all your micronutrients.

>he thinks that people can survive for a year on nothing but water and multivitamins

You'd be lucky to make it a month.

Nah, as long as you're leading a sedentary lifestyle you'll probably last as long as three before it kills you. You'll probably be permanently harmed after maybe seven weeks though.

>lemon or lime for vitamin c
it says right on the label of lemon juice that it has 0% vitamin C dude, did you mean oranges?

are you fucking retarded or buying fake lemon juice?

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=lemon

I think he meant potatoes and dairy along with the rice and beans. Which would cover everything necessary.

you can literally live on rice and beans and nothing else. I would throw in some onions for flavor though. micronutrients are a meme. if you're really worried though throw some green peppers in the mix

Shit nigga just take a centrum or something. Shit

Your cheap, healthy protein, fiber and carb staples are pulses like chickpeas, lentils, beans, dried peas, and cereals like rice, corn, oats, and wheat (or products made from them) . inb4 poo in loos but seriously look at dal recipes as a cheap and highly variable way to flavour these bland staples. Slow cook large volumes once or twice a week for minimum effort. Supplement by eating small amounts of in season fruit, veg and meat to eat cheaply.

you're probably too lazy for this next advice based on your second post but if you aren't city scum learn to hunt or fish for (almost) free protein, fat and vitamins. You can pick a ton of different types of fruits for free in almost every different geographic location. learn to preserve foods when they come in season (drying, freezing, canning) to really put a dent in your food budget in the sall winter and early spring when food is most expensive. If you're trying to limit the amount you have to work for someone else you have to be willing to work for yourself bit.

look up nutritional information on wolfram alpha for the foods you kind find in sufficient volume cheaply enough for your budgetary constraints. Make sure you get a bit of variation. If you eat the same grey slop every day you're going to start affecting your mood and thought patterns even though you think you don't enjoy eating.

balance your caloric intake with what you're expending in a day which is pretty easy to figure out. Use wolfram for a week or two with your meal ingredients and portions to figure out what you're putting into yourself. Use any generic fitness app and plug in your daily exercise to figure out calories output. You'll get a feel for it after a couple weeks and you can ditch them after that

generic adult multivitamins and fish oil are a dirt cheap way to supplement your poverty diet and should stop you from being too unhealthy over the long term even if you stick with the most bare bones staples.

god speed